Bitcoin Forum
July 27, 2021, 11:36:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 0.21.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CHIA XCH mining: Why mining without value?  (Read 2625 times)
Skinny48

Activity: 280
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 04, 2021, 05:32:31 AM

To meet the demand of miners, the Chinese company Onda has introduced the Onda B365 D32-D4 Magic Edition motherboard. It allows you to simultaneously connect up to 32 SATA hard drives and solid-state drives with a total capacity of up to 448 TB https://www.tomshardware.com/news/intel-motherboard-32-sata-ports-farming-chia
Acknowledged, I read this online two days ago now and I'm really excited where this chia coin is leading green mining idea, today the project is finally launched but I'm still waiting for official pool to start mining the coin as it's too hard to solo mine right now

dev working on pool maybe launch soon or if you can risk to mining at china hpool.

today is first day to trade chia price around 1400-1800$
Don't do it, hpool is a scam pool, it's been revealed on chia Reddit channel from users that they are duped somehow using that pool, I also felt somehow with the pool since they asked for users recovery seed to mine, I've never heard of such before

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Skinny48

View Profile
May 04, 2021, 05:35:20 AM

Price has stabilized somewhat at US$800.  The initial price of over $1,600 surprised me to be honest but the $800 figure we ended up with after half a day was a bit disappointing as I was hoping for something over a thousand at least.

Still, it's early days and things should change once this coin gets to many other exchanges.
Is this the official price or you are emphasizing on the IOU price? Last time I checked it was over 1400$ on gate and one other exchange, I don't know where you get the 800$ from but since this isn't even official price it doesn't make any sense to argue about it

Branko

Activity: 1498
Merit: 278

View Profile
May 04, 2021, 06:36:24 AM

Price has stabilized somewhat at US$800.  The initial price of over $1,600 surprised me to be honest but the $800 figure we ended up with after half a day was a bit disappointing as I was hoping for something over a thousand at least.

Still, it's early days and things should change once this coin gets to many other exchanges.
Is this the official price or you are emphasizing on the IOU price? Last time I checked it was over 1400$ on gate and one other exchange, I don't know where you get the 800$ from but since this isn't even official price it doesn't make any sense to argue about it

Thats gate.io current price
Verbl Kint

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 04, 2021, 06:54:34 AM

https://www.coinbase.com/price/chia-network

Got the price from Coinbase.  Not sure if the link above gets its data from gate.io.
ZeeeN

Activity: 234
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 04, 2021, 11:37:11 PM

Price has stabilized somewhat at US$800.  The initial price of over $1,600 surprised me to be honest but the $800 figure we ended up with after half a day was a bit disappointing as I was hoping for something over a thousand at least.

today price drop to 675$ it very high for new coin maybe a sign of good start.
Verbl Kint

View Profile
May 05, 2021, 12:41:48 AM

today price drop to 675$ it very high for new coin maybe a sign of good start.

Yes, could be.  I certainly didn't want Chia to be like another Alice.
ZeeeN

View Profile
May 06, 2021, 03:08:44 PM

To meet the demand of miners, the Chinese company Onda has introduced the Onda B365 D32-D4 Magic Edition motherboard. It allows you to simultaneously connect up to 32 SATA hard drives and solid-state drives with a total capacity of up to 448 TB https://www.tomshardware.com/news/intel-motherboard-32-sata-ports-farming-chia
Acknowledged, I read this online two days ago now and I'm really excited where this chia coin is leading green mining idea, today the project is finally launched but I'm still waiting for official pool to start mining the coin as it's too hard to solo mine right now

dev working on pool maybe launch soon or if you can risk to mining at china hpool.

today is first day to trade chia price around 1400-1800$
Don't do it, hpool is a scam pool, it's been revealed on chia Reddit channel from users that they are duped somehow using that pool, I also felt somehow with the pool since they asked for users recovery seed to mine, I've never heard of such before

have more info for hpool i search in reddit and not found evidence yet.

only someone worry when pool down and say this is scam.
Daodex

Activity: 52
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 06, 2021, 09:05:59 PM

In few weeks time chia coin will lose value beyond recognition because many farmers are selling as fast as they can to get their ROI back and so far Chia mining gives ROI faster than even GPU mining so be ready for more massive dump in value

///    ApeSwap.finance    ///
                Stake now for over 900% APR!               
P00P135

Activity: 1048
Merit: 130

View Profile
May 06, 2021, 09:14:54 PM

People are already selling plots.  Thats a big red flag for me  Tongue
TakeItEasy

Activity: 1248
Merit: 264

View Profile
May 07, 2021, 12:54:07 AM

lol its 95% clone of burst, 2y developing for what

FFS get real miners and stop hyping shit
If it's exactly like burst the project won't end well, look at burst coin today it's pretty worthless to me but honestly this chia is marginally different, it's really not PoC algo like burst, I suggest you read more about the project first
BURST won't end well ?? Worthless ??

I believe that chia coin is more than burstcoin will ever be, the whole idea of chia isn't just about the farming but yes people want to quickly get their hands on some coins, I believe what matters after all this is chia use cases, the use case have to be so good or else it will end up like burstcoin
will end up like burstcoin ?

Are we living in the same world ?
BURST is more than alive, is in active development with a strong team, with a good Roadmap and so on.
Moreover, the coin joined BPSAA team - "Blockchain Privacy,Security&Adoption Alliance", in the future 'ring signatures' and 'zk-SNARKS' will be implemented to introduce privacy and anonymity, which are so important in our time, when the state wants to shove his nose in your dirty panties and know everything about you and where you spend your money.
Join and don't miss it.
https://bpsaa.vision/
https://www.burst-coin.org

▄▄▄▄               
     ▀▀▀  █               
          █               
  ▀██████████▄▄           
    ████████████          
    █████████████▄        
 ▀██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄█        
  ███████████ ███████     
   ███████████ ███████    
   ███████████████████▀  ▄█
   ██████████████████▀▀▄█▀
  ▄███████████████▀▀▄ ██  
     █████████▀▀▄▄███ ██▄ 
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀▀▄ ███ 
 ▀███████████▀▀▄▄▄███ ██  
   ████████████████████   
  ▄████▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀████▄  
   ▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄     
.PIRATE (ARRR)......Invisible......Anonymous......Private.
.......................................KOMODO dPoW. zk-SNARKS technology. Z-transactions only......................................
..........................WEBSITE  ⚓  DISCORDMEDIUMANNTWITTERTELEGRAMGITHUB...........................
grendel25
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1031

View Profile
May 07, 2021, 02:28:18 AM

I would mine and dump immediately.  Definitely wouldn't waste time/money/energy on building massive farms for this.  6-year "pre-farm" already.  That should tell you something.  They don't even have the common courtesy to call it what it really is: HUGE FKING PREMINE

Designed perfectly to exploit the hype cycle.  Good luck to all.  I would mine this too.  Maybe I will.  And if I do, I'll dump most of it

..EPICENTRAL .....
..EPIC: Epic Private Internet Cash..
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▀▀█████▄
▄████████████▀▀▀    ██████▄
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
▀████████▌▐       ████████▀
▀████████ ▄██▄  ████████▀
▀█████████████▄███████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████▀█████▀████████▄
▄██████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀██████▄
██████▌             ▐██████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
▀█████▄  ▄▄     ▄▄  ▄█████▀
▀██████▄▄███████▄▄██████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
[/center]
Verbl Kint

View Profile
May 07, 2021, 03:23:20 AM

Chia dipping under US$600 right before the weekend. 
slovakia

Activity: 770
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 07, 2021, 03:56:59 AM

I would mine and dump immediately.  Definitely wouldn't waste time/money/energy on building massive farms for this.  6-year "pre-farm" already.  That should tell you something.  They don't even have the common courtesy to call it what it really is: HUGE FKING PREMINE

Designed perfectly to exploit the hype cycle.  Good luck to all.  I would mine this too.  Maybe I will.  And if I do, I'll dump most of it
  Wink  yes, they prepared to build huge farm ... dont believe that ppl in world start to mine this crapcoin...... 2 500 000 TB..... they prepared very nice for it

Daltonik

Activity: 1638
Merit: 703

Buy $BGL before it's too late!

View Profile
May 07, 2021, 02:43:32 PM

As reported by The Block, Amazon has introduced a solution for mining the Chia cryptocurrency on its AWS cloud computing platform. The Block However, not everything is so simple, for example, Reddit users called the AWS offer unprofitable. According to them, in addition to the fee for access to cloud storage, moving each Chia site will cost the miner $9, taking into account the collection of $0.09 for each gigabyte of outgoing traffic
https://www.reddit.com/r/chia/comments/n6uguf/amazon_rolls_out_chia_crypto_mining_solution_on/

.......Bitgesell's first yearly halving is coming in less than a month!.......
        ██████████████▄▄▄
       ▐███████████████████▀
       ████████████████▀▀
                    ▀
                            ▄▄
      ███████████       ▄▄████
     ▐██████████▌      ███████
     ███████████      ███████▀
    ▐██████▌         ███████▀
    ███████       ▄▄███████▀
   ▐██████████████████████▀
  ▄█████████████████████▀
▄██████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████
█████▀               ██████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
██████▄       ▄████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
Daltonik

Activity: 1638
Merit: 703

Buy $BGL before it's too late!

View Profile
May 10, 2021, 08:39:40 AM

Resource news.mydrivers.com reports that Chia cryptocurrency mining reduces the service life of a 512 GB SSD from five years to two months, I wonder if you will have time to recoup the cost of mining during this time.

For 40-50 days of coin mining, a 512 GB solid-state drive overwrites 256 TB of data, although normally the daily write volume for such disks is no more than 20 GB.

1TB SSDs wear out in less than 3 months when mining Chia, and 2TB disks wear out in six months.

Since SSD manufacturers do not give a guarantee for drives that have exhausted their operational life, experts suggest that most of them will fall on the secondary market. Despite the reduced price, the speed and service life of such SSDs will be significantly limited.  https://news.mydrivers.com/1/755/755132.htm

.......Bitgesell's first yearly halving is coming in less than a month!.......
        ██████████████▄▄▄
       ▐███████████████████▀
       ████████████████▀▀
                    ▀
                            ▄▄
      ███████████       ▄▄████
     ▐██████████▌      ███████
     ███████████      ███████▀
    ▐██████▌         ███████▀
    ███████       ▄▄███████▀
   ▐██████████████████████▀
  ▄█████████████████████▀
▄██████████████████▀▀▀
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████
█████▀               ██████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
██████▄       ▄████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
Bravehash

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 10, 2021, 09:12:14 AM

Resource news.mydrivers.com reports that Chia cryptocurrency mining reduces the service life of a 512 GB SSD from five years to two months, I wonder if you will have time to recoup the cost of mining during this time.

For 40-50 days of coin mining, a 512 GB solid-state drive overwrites 256 TB of data, although normally the daily write volume for such disks is no more than 20 GB.

1TB SSDs wear out in less than 3 months when mining Chia, and 2TB disks wear out in six months.

Since SSD manufacturers do not give a guarantee for drives that have exhausted their operational life, experts suggest that most of them will fall on the secondary market. Despite the reduced price, the speed and service life of such SSDs will be significantly limited.  https://news.mydrivers.com/1/755/755132.htm
Buy the Samsung 980 Nvme m.2 or the 890, they are build to withstand aggressive read and write or find the Intel server SSD they are strong for continues aggressive use

Verbl Kint

View Profile
May 11, 2021, 06:26:21 AM

Which is why Chia farmers should opt for higher capacities for SSD's as these typically come with higher TBW's as well.
Skinny48

View Profile
May 11, 2021, 08:43:02 AM

Which is why Chia farmers should opt for higher capacities for SSD's as these typically come with higher TBW's as well.
That's correct, I'd say something between 2TB for plotting is better than using 1TB because of the TBW, anyways what I like about chia is the farming part, the headache lies in the plotting side which requires faster CPU and faster SSD unless you like plotting at a snail speed, I'm waiting on pools before joining the train

ZeeeN

View Profile
May 11, 2021, 02:08:01 PM

That's correct, I'd say something between 2TB for plotting is better than using 1TB because of the TBW, anyways what I like about chia is the farming part, the headache lies in the plotting side which requires faster CPU and faster SSD unless you like plotting at a snail speed, I'm waiting on pools before joining the train

we need pools now network growth so fast around15% every week  if no luck or fast plotting machine it hard to get reward.

[remake this week chia price stable around 1K ]
Looper_U

Activity: 193
Merit: 15

View Profile
May 11, 2021, 03:41:59 PM

we need pools now network growth so fast around15% every week  if no luck or fast plotting machine it hard to get reward.

[remake this week chia price stable around 1K ]
Pool is the only answer, also another thing that's alarming is rumor that plots will be remake to farm on pools, if this is true many who are farming on solo will have to start the job all over again, that's alarming

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: