Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 12:44:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Claiming Bitcoin Gold on Coinomi  (Read 31 times)
Sumarokov (OP)

Activity: 60
Merit: 13

View Profile
April 21, 2021, 07:59:57 AM

I am planning to claim Bitcoin Gold using a Coinomi wallet, which I have just downloaded from their site. I used the Windows version, as I do not have any access to Android. I have a couple of questions.

1. This guide says: "this process requires that you use a Bitcoin mobile wallet currently available only for Android. If you don’t have an Android mobile phone, I suggest getting one for this process"

https://99bitcoins.com/how-to-claim-bitcoin-gold-btg-guide/

But is this the case? Although I have not started the process, it seems capable of doing all the same Android things so far...

2. I kept my Bitcoin on Blockchain at the time of the fork. I have now moved the Bitcoin onto an Electrum wallet. There is nothing at all in my Blockchain wallet at the moment. So am I now free to provide the seed from the Blockchain wallet when claiming the Bitcoin Gold in the Coinomi wallet? There is NO way that my coins in the Electrum wallet can be got at in this way (I doubt it, but I wanted to double check with the experts, as crypt is new to me).

3. When providing the seed from Blockchain, do I give the long (16 words?) seed I was given at the start or do I give the shorter one I now have (12 words).

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: