Bitcoin Forum
July 26, 2024, 10:39:59 PM *
News: Help 1Dq create 15th anniversary forum artwork.

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 32% drop in the value of shares of Coinbase after the fall in the price of Bitc  (Read 214 times)
arabspaceship123

Activity: 868
Merit: 190

I'm a web developer. Hire me for your work.

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2021, 02:00:13 PM

Deliveroo shares tanked when they started trading. It's normal to see shares go down after they've had the IPO. COIN shares aren't staying down for long.

I was expecting, at least at start, to have unrealistic price for Coinbase shares. Also, as bad luck/bad timing, Bitcoin price has also dropped and some think that they're related, hence may selling/not buying the shares.
All in all, with Bitcoin still expected to be in the middle of bull run, bitcoiners have no reason to buy Coinbase shares.
And yeah, the insiders know all this, hence they thought they'll make a quick buck.

██████████   ARABSPACESHIP 123     سفينة الفضاء العربية ١٢٣   ██████
|  | ||     |   
avatar & signature available to rent   |     || |  |

█████████████████  
Hire me to design your websites   █████████████████
ene1980

Activity: 2002
Merit: 535

View Profile
April 26, 2021, 03:43:09 AM

I think the fact that their team sold a lot of their shares is more impactful compared to the crypto market price. It feels like they're trying to blame the market instead of a bunch of people who clearly dump their shares and make some nice profits.
Forbes might have created his aspect as they published an article regarding the fall of Coinbase share and they are blaming the cryptocurrency market for the fall and the business model of Coinbase and they did not mention about the heavy sell off made by the company where the CEO Armstrong liquidated  $292 million and if you are liquidating that much share then it is natural that the market would go down.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: