Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 02:01:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Monero and its future.  (Read 229 times)
RussianEnglishTranslation

Activity: 840
Merit: 6

View Profile
April 25, 2021, 08:18:00 AM

Monero is highly sophisticated code that seems to be extremely difficult to crack, or even impossible. But there could be found ways to reduce privacy. While the technicals are for developers, what I understand is how ring signatures make it impossible to tell which signature is coming from which account. Although there are attempts and even blockchain analytic companies have contracts with institutions to try and break Monero.

For the time being it is private, but who knows, maybe every transaction can be resolved and traced on day. For the time being and possibly for the whole decade, Monero will keep being the top privacy coin.
If there are a small number of nodes, and most of those are malicious, it shouldn't be difficult to determine the identity of transactions. Additionally, one mining pool controls the majority of the hashrate and could double spend or revert transactions if it wished.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile
April 25, 2021, 08:20:06 AM

I do believe if monero will always become a pure privacy coin. I never see the developers of monero having the intention to create an expansion to another field like smartcontract, defi, or something else. Monero has a bright future and is not it the daily trade of monero more than enough to tell you how much the demand for the privacy coin right now? The future is bright but we can't sure this will be forever until there will be another drama with the regulators that was feeling worried about the privacy coin.

I think that most people still believe in the future of monero. The privacy coin is only getting banned on the south korea https://www.cpomagazine.com/data-privacy/south-koreas-new-crypto-aml-law-bans-trading-of-privacy-coins-monero-zcash/
Exactly, Monero will become unfungible as it is banned across the world. 0xMR will not be banned because it's built on Ethereum and banks and institutions are beginning to utilize Ethereum. These banks and institutions are required by law to protect the identity of their customers and their financial data and will utilize zk-SNARKS on Ethereum to do so. Ethereum is the future of privacy.

View Profile
April 25, 2021, 08:49:54 AM

Hello internet people hope you all are well.

I was just wondering what do you guys/girls/other think of Monero and its future? Particularly do you believe it could be solved and privacy no longer by default. Or potentially somehow banned everywhere. Maybe new future means of payment or even much bigger and more used than it is now?

Curious to read what other people think of the coin. Its very biased always reading from pro and non pro monero people. Wanted to see what you all say.

XMR is privacy coin and it may be delisted from exchanges in the regulations are in place.
Some people are saying that most of cryptos will disappear, likely because of regulations. I think Ethereum and it's tokens will be safe because the SEC has said Ethereum is not a security and it's traded on the CME with approval of the CFTC.
zasad@
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 4271

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2021, 10:40:42 AM

Monero has a large development team and their currency is anonymous by default. All attempts to de-anonymize this currency have failed.
Monero technology is ahead of Beam, Zcash or Dash in terms of anonymity.
Today there are a lot of anonymous currencies, but over time, 3 - 5 coins will take the leading position, and the rest will lose the competitive battle.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..

View Profile
April 25, 2021, 11:02:15 AM

Monero has a large development team and their currency is anonymous by default. All attempts to de-anonymize this currency have failed.
Monero technology is ahead of Beam, Zcash or Dash in terms of anonymity.
Today there are a lot of anonymous currencies, but over time, 3 - 5 coins will take the leading position, and the rest will lose the competitive battle.
Although I agree with a lot of what you are saying, Monero is just a fork of bytecoin. It's a cryptonote coin and there are 100 other cryptonote coins with a lower marketcap. If I were to actually want to use Monero to buy something I'm not supposed to be, I would a cryptonote coin because most agencies and companies are actively trying to monitor Monero transactions. Virtually nobody is going to be trying to trace your turtlecoin transactions and it's fundamentally the same base code.
susuberuang

Activity: 926
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 25, 2021, 11:18:11 AM

Monero is one of the oldest altcoins in a crypto, and is one of the strongest altcoins that already have a fairly wide market network, I am a sure monero will grown in the future, and become the best privacy coin in a crypto, even now the price of this altcoin is very stable.  Maybe it takes a little encouragement to be able to improve in the future,
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
April 25, 2021, 12:01:13 PM

I am sorry to say this, but Monero is a failed coin. There are multiple reasons for this, such as security bugs and liquidity issues. But it has lost is prominence in the altcoin sector and nowadays it is largely being viewed as a coin which is sliding towards its eventual death. The biggest drawback for Monero is that cryptocurrency sector itself is now trying to get regulatory acceptance. And the authorities are extremely hostile to Monero and it has zero chance of getting that acceptance. And this would mean that more and more users and exchanges would distance themselves from XMR. The future looks bleak.
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
April 25, 2021, 04:13:14 PM

Will Monero still be private when you buy it from the exchange and then withdrawing it to your personal wallet?

Think of it. If transactions cant be linked like in transparent ledger cryptocurrenies then yes.  If you can buy Bitcoin anonymously and spend it anonymously then you dont really need Monero. But world situation is that more and more exchanges demand KYC. And situation in RL is that you cant buy many things anonymously. You cant go to bar and order coffee and waiter cant see you when serve you coffee. It is impossible. Monero solves this. The moment you make a transaction trail is lost.
tvplus006
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1655

To the Moon

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2021, 04:45:35 PM

A lot of people value their privacy very highly. It is such people who trade on decentralized exchanges, because they do not want to pass KYC and hold Monero, which is the best anonymous coin to date. And as long as there are such people, anonymous coins will always be in demand.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
imran101
Copper Member

Activity: 550
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 25, 2021, 04:51:20 PM

Hello internet people hope you all are well.

I was just wondering what do you guys/girls/other think of Monero and its future? Particularly do you believe it could be solved and privacy no longer by default. Or potentially somehow banned everywhere. Maybe new future means of payment or even much bigger and more used than it is now?

Curious to read what other people think of the coin. Its very biased always reading from pro and non pro monero people. Wanted to see what you all say.
Monero This is a very powerful project. wonderful company, everything at the highest level, responsive staff, a reliable and promising project! I advise you to pay attention to it. A successful project that has not left me without attention, I believe that the company is the best offer on the market.
Teraboy

Activity: 2282
Merit: 505

View Profile
April 25, 2021, 10:10:55 PM

Some people are saying that most of cryptos will disappear, likely because of regulations. I think Ethereum and it's tokens will be safe because the SEC has said Ethereum is not a security and it's traded on the CME with approval of the CFTC.
I think that the regulation will not make it to be disappeared but it will not able to enter in the market that under the regulartor who has been banning monero. Did you remember south korea? The privacy coin was not able to enter on the south korea marketplace due to the regulation to ban privacy coin.
Any coin or token that can compliant with the regulation will be safe but it doesn't mean crypto will die just because getting banned in some countries.
YuginKadoya
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169

View Profile
April 25, 2021, 10:38:00 PM

Just like Bitcoin that the private sectors want to control, there are plenty of people that really want to crack and prove that they can crack up the privacy of Monero, In my experience with Monero it is a great coin that will always follow the step of Bitcoin when you see Bitcoin rise so does other cryptocurrencies like Monero as of now bitcoin drop to $49,000 so does Monero $348.11 USD at the moment but Monero had to establish its worth and I think will stay,

if you are thinking of investing an amount with Monero then do it at your own risk but this is for certain in the future because of that uniqueness of Monero it will surely go further.
aprilnot

Activity: 1204
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 26, 2021, 05:08:33 AM

The current situation is bad for the privacy coin, the government still thinks this coin is annoying. but in the future I believe the future of privacy coins like Monero (XMR) is very bright. nowadays people prefer decentralized to centralized. they really take care of their privacy, that's why I'm sure if there is a type of payment that can maintain their privacy they will definitely use it.

▀█████▄▀██▄▀█▄          H   E   L   E   N   A          ▀▄▀             501,652% APY             ▄█▀▄██▀▄█████▀
▄                    |          TWITTER          |        TELEGRAM        |          DISCORD          |                    ▄
▄        The Best in Space Auto-Compounding DeFi 3.0 Protocol on BSC        ▄
wiss19

Activity: 2114
Merit: 338

View Profile
April 26, 2021, 07:24:06 AM

I read some governments are trying to ban all privacy oriented cryptocurrencies and more particularly on the coins like monero and grin. But not sure how deep if anything such will be happening but after that kind of news I am seeing monero and grin are heavily suffering due to lack of continuous investors.

Personally I will not invest into monero right away even it is trading cheaper than what we had in the past; I might need some more time to watch it so that I will be finalizing my decision regarding monero.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
seramania

Activity: 827
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 26, 2021, 07:35:42 AM

since 2018 when monero was booming until now, monero has a good community monero can survive among the many new coins that offer a more modern concept. I think monero will still have potential in the future considering that monero can still survive in the crypto market today

|   Facebook   |     Twitter     |                                       R A N G E R S                                       |    Discord    |    Medium    |
|    Telegram   |                                        ─────     PROTOCOL     ─────                                        |    Gitbook    |
████  ███  ██  █          VIRTUAL WORLDS BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE          █  ██  ███  ████
bussybuddy

Activity: 1176
Merit: 105

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
April 26, 2021, 09:02:38 AM

I have always kept my views on this coin from the beginning to the present from Sam Monac, Head of Research, Token Metrics, said:
"Monero is the top security coin on the market cap rankings."
So no matter what the future looks like, my opinion about it hasn't changed.

Psynthax

Activity: 2296
Merit: 504

View Profile
April 26, 2021, 09:27:33 AM

It depends, if Monero got really popular that it's used for various negative things in which opposes the government and the government itself feels like they got disturbed by this coin and could affect them somewhat they gonna pursue the local exchange to ban monero and that could trigger the chain reaction of many other governments aswell but I doubt anyone could somewhat solve monero's blockchain or crack it to cause the coin itself loses its anonimity. So far, even IRS offered bounty with hefty amount and none has ever published to have cracked the blockchain. In this case the most obvious way of govt dealing with it is ban as I said earlier and therefore already impactful enough make monero lose liquidity. The future isn't really bright for monero frankly speaking, just keep it under the radar and itll be fine.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..

View Profile
April 26, 2021, 10:17:24 AM

It depends, if Monero got really popular that it's used for various negative things in which opposes the government and the government itself feels like they got disturbed by this coin and could affect them somewhat they gonna pursue the local exchange to ban monero and that could trigger the chain reaction of many other governments aswell but I doubt anyone could somewhat solve monero's blockchain or crack it to cause the coin itself loses its anonimity. So far, even IRS offered bounty with hefty amount and none has ever published to have cracked the blockchain. In this case the most obvious way of govt dealing with it is ban as I said earlier and therefore already impactful enough make monero lose liquidity. The future isn't really bright for monero frankly speaking, just keep it under the radar and itll be fine.
Monero can be tracked, see this thread- https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5286887.180
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
April 26, 2021, 04:20:28 PM
Last edit: April 27, 2021, 12:12:54 AM by Febo

Monero can be tracked, ...

Monero cant be tracked. A week ago I made a transaction. Can you trace it please. Tell me what I bought and how much I paid and who I traded with. Thank you.  Oh can you also tell me how much coins I have left in my wallet and how much coins have guy I sent coins to. I love to spy on people Smiley  Thx again buddy.

The moment Monero coins leave your wallet no one knows where they went. And not only that. No one even know what is in your wallet right now. Are coins still there or they were sent out.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: