Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:01:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone still doing Cpu mining?  (Read 305 times)
Gorosden (OP)

Activity: 518
Merit: 30

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
April 29, 2021, 09:17:55 AM

Xup crypto miners pls I have some high-end PC in my home doing nothing because I'm not mining with GPU on them but these PCs have high end CPUs like Xeon gold and the E5 24*** with 6cores and 8cores of cos having multiple threads available, don't tell me there is no coin I can mine with these beasts?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sxemini

Activity: 1558
Merit: 69

View Profile
April 29, 2021, 09:20:55 AM

Xup crypto miners pls I have some high-end PC in my home doing nothing because I'm not mining with GPU on them but these PCs have high end CPUs like Xeon gold and the E5 24*** with 6cores and 8cores of cos having multiple threads available, don't tell me there is no coin I can mine with these beasts?

mine verus
CrossroadBTC

Activity: 182
Merit: 14

View Profile
April 29, 2021, 09:47:14 AM

mine verus
Hi sxemini is verus a new altcoin to mine or its old coin? Also is there anywhere I can find a calculator for this verus coin? Last time I went on YouTube I saw few videos about this verus coin and I'm willing to dig into it more

sxemini

View Profile
April 29, 2021, 09:56:12 AM

mine verus
Hi sxemini is verus a new altcoin to mine or its old coin? Also is there anywhere I can find a calculator for this verus coin? Last time I went on YouTube I saw few videos about this verus coin and I'm willing to dig into it more

https://whattomine.com/coins/333-vrsc-verushash?hr=13&p=0&fee=0.0&cost=0.1&hcost=0.0&span_br=&span_d=24&commit=Calculate

it is no new altcoin no. My Ryzen5 2600 can do around 13mh and this around 1 dollar before electric, i think it is the best deal at the moment for cpu mining.

You can sell it on safetrade, graviex, stex and bithumb or you stake your verus  Grin
Williamm07

Activity: 181
Merit: 14

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
April 29, 2021, 02:10:31 PM

Minerstat calculator says 100MH on verus will net you 10$ per day, what is the name of verus algorithm? I'm sure it's not crypto night or randomx, I'm wondering if this is more profitable than mining Monero? I have a PC I can use too with i7 9th gen

CryptoATM

Activity: 368
Merit: 15

View Profile
April 29, 2021, 06:07:35 PM

If you have old CPU or New multi thread CPU like Ryzen or Xeon it's better to mine some verus coin or start plotting chia coin with your CPU, I believe Chia will worth alot because it's a new bitcoin in a whole new form and it shares same max supply 21million too
Bitbtc8

Activity: 1148
Merit: 116

View Profile
April 30, 2021, 03:54:53 PM

If you have some HDD laying around its better to use that powerful CPUs to start plotting chia coin, today it's on news that IOU version of Chia coin is now available on gate.io which means the coin will be listed on that exchange soon

►           ►     enVoy            Sustainably Green Trust in Trade          ◄           ◄
►           ██  WHITEPAPER       ██  TWO PAGER       ██  TOKEN DECK           ◄
[vFacebook               [vTwitter               [vTelegram               [vMedium               [vLinkedin               [vReddit
batsonxl

Activity: 1196
Merit: 26

View Profile
April 30, 2021, 04:09:41 PM

If you have some HDD laying around its better to use that powerful CPUs to start plotting chia coin, today it's on news that IOU version of Chia coin is now available on gate.io which means the coin will be listed on that exchange soon
If it will get listed on gate.io then finally we will see the price, where did you find this info can you share please?
sxemini

View Profile
April 30, 2021, 05:50:30 PM
Last edit: April 30, 2021, 06:01:26 PM by sxemini

If it will get listed on gate.io then finally we will see the price, where did you find this info can you share please?

Dudes that was not the question. Go back to topic, chia is a hdd coin and no cpu coin so why you talking about chia here?

Minerstat calculator says 100MH on verus will net you 10$ per day, what is the name of verus algorithm? I'm sure it's not crypto night or randomx, I'm wondering if this is more profitable than mining Monero? I have a PC I can use too with i7 9th gen

Verus algo is verushash, have you multi thread cpu´s, i think it is the best deal. A ryzen 8 core and you mine with 15 threads can do 18mh. I only use 15 threads, 1 is for gpu mining.
Skinny48

Activity: 448
Merit: 18

View Profile
April 30, 2021, 06:07:56 PM

Dudes that was not the question. Go back to topic, chia is a hdd coin and no cpu coin so why you talking about chia here?

Verus algo is verushash, have you multi thread cpu´s, i think it is the best deal. A ryzen 8 core and you mine with 15 threads can do 18mh. I only use 15 threads, 1 is for gpu mining.
That's too tasking, 18mh with 15 threads? I'd rather start farming chia with the CPU and it's HDD/SSD instead, not worth it unless you have free electricity and plotting chia isn't that electricity consuming

Zotak337

Activity: 232
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 30, 2021, 06:36:08 PM

Yes only if they come prebuilt in your gaming PC, it doesn't make any sense to invest in CPUs for mining right now because a CPU that costs 2000+ can only give you 1 to 2 $ every day not to talk of those AMD Threadripper that costs even more

►           ►     enVoy        ▐ │     Sustainably Green Trust in Trade     │ ▌     ◄           ◄
►            ██  WHITEPAPER       ██  TWO PAGER       ██  TOKEN DECK            ◄
[v]  Facebook     [v]  Twitter     [v]  Telegram     [v]  Medium     [v]  Linkedin     [v]  Reddit
sxemini

View Profile
April 30, 2021, 11:18:50 PM

That's too tasking, 18mh with 15 threads? I'd rather start farming chia with the CPU and it's HDD/SSD instead, not worth it unless you have free electricity and plotting chia isn't that electricity consuming

And after plotting? What will you do with your cpu? Nothing? He ask about CPU mining and not HDD mining and he has multi core cpu, that brings more if you mining coins with it. For chia mining you need no big CPU, so get back to topic.

I understand that chia is good and many people like it, but HDD mining is not new, but no one care about it in the past, and now all think it is the next new big think. Chia farming consumes also electric, cpu is also working if mining chia.

Yes only if they come prebuilt in your gaming PC, it doesn't make any sense to invest in CPUs for mining right now because a CPU that costs 2000+ can only give you 1 to 2 $ every day not to talk of those AMD Threadripper that costs even more

Sure, but he has this CPU. i don´t buy cpu´s for mining, but can i make some extra gains. No my old Ryzen5 cost me 130$ 3 years ago or so and it give me 0,5$ a day after electric, i think if you can buy an ryzen 3900 this can give you around 2$ a day and don´t cost 2000$.
ZeeeN

Activity: 297
Merit: 3

View Profile
April 30, 2021, 11:32:45 PM

mine verus

https://whattomine.com/coins/333-vrsc-verushash?hr=13&p=0&fee=0.0&cost=0.1&hcost=0.0&span_br=&span_d=24&commit=Calculate

it is no new altcoin no. My Ryzen5 2600 can do around 13mh and this around 1 dollar before electric, i think it is the best deal at the moment for cpu mining.

You can sell it on safetrade, graviex, stex and bithumb or you stake your verus  Grin

today verus diff rise too much but 13mh for 0.68$ perday is not bad
Synerggy

Activity: 248
Merit: 13

Futiracoin.com

View Profile
May 01, 2021, 07:50:31 AM

CPU mining isn't very profitable like GPU mining that's why less people do CPU mining but verus coin is still a bit better in ROI compared to RandomX (Monero) mining

●          ◯        Futira Coin        ◯          ●
████ ███ ██ █        First Crypto-Enabled Telecommunication Network       █ ██ ███ ████
Facebook     |     Twitter     |     Telegram     |     LinkedIn     |     Github     |     Discord
mr.robot8

Activity: 938
Merit: 159

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2021, 02:52:44 PM

if you have a high performance cpu let's say between 16 and 32 threats (between real and virtual) you can try to successfully mine monero or the altcoin of the moment arqma even with turtlecoin you can collect a little something
FloridaKid

Activity: 375
Merit: 15

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
May 01, 2021, 06:31:35 PM

if you have a high performance cpu let's say between 16 and 32 threats (between real and virtual) you can try to successfully mine monero or the altcoin of the moment arqma even with turtlecoin you can collect a little something
Still not worth it, back in the days you can easily build CPU rigs for mining Monero alone but now randomX isn't giving that same opportunity anymore, if you aren't using anything like Ryzen 7 to Threadripper it's a waste of time

BitKongy

Activity: 405
Merit: 19

View Profile
May 02, 2021, 06:35:45 PM

CPU mining is dead long time ago with Monero when it was still on cryptonight algorithm, now it's a waste of money to buy some Ryzen CPU for mining unless it comes with your PC or motherboard, the money for CPU is high
ZeeeN

Activity: 297
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 03, 2021, 10:14:54 PM

CPU mining is dead long time ago with Monero when it was still on cryptonight algorithm, now it's a waste of money to buy some Ryzen CPU for mining unless it comes with your PC or motherboard, the money for CPU is high

maybe we need to wait ryzen next gen 6xxx can give more core to mine better in mid-range cpu
gullu

Activity: 456
Merit: 103

View Profile
May 03, 2021, 11:29:38 PM

You can mine TLM with your pc. You dont need a high end pc for mining this coin . An average good pc will do the thing.
Its a gamified type of mining . One can easily earn 5 dollars daily as passive income and this coin is already listed in binance.
Its current price is 0.8dollars.

sxemini

View Profile
May 04, 2021, 01:02:06 PM

Still not worth it, back in the days you can easily build CPU rigs for mining Monero alone but now randomX isn't giving that same opportunity anymore, if you aren't using anything like Ryzen 7 to Threadripper it's a waste of time

It is worth, i mined 1600 verus in the last 18 month with 4 cpu´s and thats really no high end cpus. So now 1 verus is worth over 2€, so i made over 3000€ with 4 cpus in less than 2 years, after electric i get 2000€. I think it is worth, CPU mining is for long time mining!
smart.phone

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 05, 2021, 08:57:10 AM

For CPU mining, XHV, WOW, XLA and TRTL are often more profitable than XMR.
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: