Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:16:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitmain Warranty Turnaround  (Read 91 times)
danieleither (OP)

Activity: 203
Merit: 407

View Profile
May 04, 2021, 08:59:17 PM

Does anyone know what the current turnaround times are for warranty repairs from Bitmain?

I have an S19 with one dead hashboard. It is definitely the hashboard that is faulty. Bitmain will not accept the hashboard alone, I have to send the whole unit (frustrating).

The miner is still in warranty, but with mining payouts so high at the moment, I have to make a decision is it better to just carry on mining with 2 hashboards or send back for repair (and lose earnings while the unit is away). Plus it costs around $500 to send it due to high value and insurance.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
HagssFIN
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1706

Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2021, 09:13:27 PM
Merited by mikeywith (1)

Maybe use Myrig or Zeusbtc for the one hash board repair?
It's crazy but I guess that a paid repair for one hash board can be cheaper than sending the whole miner for Bitmain's own warranty repair, because of the down time.

danieleither (OP)

View Profile
May 04, 2021, 09:45:18 PM

Maybe use Myrig or Zeusbtc for the one hash board repair?
It's crazy but I guess that a paid repair for one hash board can be cheaper than sending the whole miner for Bitmain's own warranty repair, because of the down time.

That's a good suggestion, and most likely cheaper than the $500 to send my unit back. Plus no downtime...
mikeywith
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 6367

be constructive or S.T.F.U

View Profile
May 05, 2021, 06:53:49 AM

When does the warranty expire on this unit? it would be a risky move to send a milking cow like that to Bitmain when mining is this profitable, it will take them forever to send it back, also someone here mentioned that refused to send him back the miner for some reasons and offered coupons instead, oh, they also told him they have a ready client who is willing to buy the coupons and they could "arrange" the sale.

I'd just mine with the 2 boards, without a single doubt.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
danieleither (OP)

View Profile
May 05, 2021, 02:01:45 PM

When does the warranty expire on this unit? it would be a risky move to send a milking cow like that to Bitmain when mining is this profitable, it will take them forever to send it back, also someone here mentioned that refused to send him back the miner for some reasons and offered coupons instead, oh, they also told him they have a ready client who is willing to buy the coupons and they could "arrange" the sale.

I'd just mine with the 2 boards, without a single doubt.

I seem to hear mixed opinions on this. From a personal perspective, my one experience of warranty returns with Bitmain was excellent. I bought a new S17+, which failed after a few hours of use. I returned to an address in the Netherlands (as advised by Bitmain) and literally the next day they shipped out a brand new miner from China. I had a replacement the same week I shipped the faulty unit (which I consider to be excellent service).

The above was of course a DOA which is different to a normal warranty issue.

As for how much is outstanding, currently 88 days.
mikeywith
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 6367

be constructive or S.T.F.U

View Profile
May 06, 2021, 02:11:07 AM

I seem to hear mixed opinions on this. From a personal perspective, my one experience of warranty returns with Bitmain was excellent. I bought a new S17+, which failed after a few hours of use. I returned to an address in the Netherlands (as advised by Bitmain) and literally the next day they shipped out a brand new miner from China. I had a replacement the same week I shipped the faulty unit (which I consider to be excellent service).

I believe it has to do with the pandemic, perhaps your experience is not recent? anyway, it's a risk either way.

As for how much is outstanding, currently 88 days.

This is pure speculation on my side, but I believe 88 days from now will be the post-mania phase, sending the gear later would IMO be a lot better, also here is a tip for you, try to push them more to accept a hashboard-only shipment, generally, it's a NO, but Bitmain is rather flexible.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████