Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 11:48:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: alibaba gpus  (Read 276 times)
wtfonly16 (OP)

Activity: 285
Merit: 105

View Profile
May 04, 2021, 08:44:21 PM

how is this possible https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/New-A-ASUS-Mining-Radeon-RX_1700006602830.html?spm=a2700.galleryofferlist.normal_offer.d_image.793e5b35hVHbIS ?
is this a scam lmao, anyone with any experience with this sort of thing? im looking to buy 100 of these... seems too good to be true.

ye i aint bares
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Nhazwrath

Activity: 290
Merit: 40

View Profile
May 05, 2021, 01:46:45 AM
Merited by wtfonly16 (2)

welp.  when you start digging in to the details of which ever card you look at its always.. All details for a bunch of cards mashed together.  so While they appear to have cards they probably dont.  BUT i am going to use the contact store button and ask for a explanation. and to see if they have a story that makes sense.  
BitKongy

Activity: 405
Merit: 19

View Profile
May 05, 2021, 06:55:03 AM

1. The card is RX470 4GB ( nobody wants to buy them )
2. This card isn't a new graphic card

There is possibility that the card isn't needed anymore, this doesn't mean it's scam, again I don't trust Alibaba online store for some reasons and experience from a friend, we like using AliExpress because price are more accurate on that website than Alibaba
Looper_U

Activity: 369
Merit: 16

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
May 05, 2021, 07:08:33 AM

Wtfonly16  when something becomes too good to be true run for your dear life, even a old R series AMD cards can't be sold at that lower price, here is a clue, go on AliExpress website and search for same GPU there you will see that AliExpress price are more reasonable and legit, that post on Alibaba is scam

Nhazwrath

View Profile
May 05, 2021, 10:33:23 AM

how is this possible https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/New-A-ASUS-Mining-Radeon-RX_1700006602830.html?spm=a2700.galleryofferlist.normal_offer.d_image.793e5b35hVHbIS ?
is this a scam lmao, anyone with any experience with this sort of thing? im looking to buy 100 of these... seems too good to be true.

So I messaged 3 stores that appeared to have better then possible deals in one case i was quite amused.    this store had 1080ti's for sale at and check this out...   0.126 per card..  dollars...   so i put in an order for 1000..  didn't complete the order and instead sent a msg with a copy of the uncompleted order, if they had a accounting error.  and i got back the msg out of stock....

no response yet from the other two stores.   one sells paper and toiletry products so im fairly sure that ones BS as well. 
Gorosden

Activity: 518
Merit: 30

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
May 05, 2021, 10:36:42 AM

If you don't mind me asking, what good is 4gb card to you right now than buying 8gb cards? Are you trying by all means to avoid the tripled price of 8gb cards or what? Those 4gb cards can only do well if you mine with ETC or Raven coin but they will become useless so fast once this bull market is over

FP91G
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1029

View Profile
May 05, 2021, 12:05:42 PM

Mining is dying!
To be honest, then it is better to buy this video card, because there is 8 GB
https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/XFX-AMD-Radeon-RX-570-8GB_1700006619769.html
Install WeChat and chat with sellers. To get started, buy a trial batch of 5-10 video cards. The website shows the price without transport costs and customs duties.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
miner29

Activity: 1260
Merit: 136

View Profile
May 05, 2021, 12:41:55 PM

I mean im sure its legit.  Pictures of their factory show making facial tissue...im sure they are qaulified gpu vendor.

FP91G
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2021, 01:02:17 PM

I mean im sure its legit.  Pictures of their factory show making facial tissue...im sure they are qaulified gpu vendor.

making facial tissue- this is not yet evidence of fraud.
They can be intermediaries or not declare additional production.
The price scares me too
20 - 29 Units - $ 80
> = 100 units -40 dollars
https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/XFX-AMD-Radeon-RX-570-8GB_1700006619769.html
This fantastic discount Smiley

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
miner29

Activity: 1260
Merit: 136

View Profile
May 05, 2021, 01:41:07 PM

making facial tissue- this is not yet evidence of fraud.
They can be intermediaries or not declare additional production.
The price scares me too
20 - 29 Units - $ 80
> = 100 units -40 dollars
This fantastic discount Smiley

You know..if it looks to good to br true.
But this is how some people have to learn.

Nhazwrath

View Profile
May 05, 2021, 04:51:45 PM
Merited by FP91G (1)

Since I have never shopped on Alibaba.  My first impression is it's Wish with all the scamming that you would find there as well.  That means it's research time!

Who doesn't love research?  Anyways.  I found this Reddit post.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Entrepreneur/comments/351irz/alibaba_how_to_not_get_screwedscammedtaken_on/

And I would like maybe some comments on the validity of that reddit post.  I can say that utilizing that search method from that Reddit post I was able to start isolating what looks like valid deals instead of what is clearly a scam. 
HashingTower

Activity: 285
Merit: 11

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
May 05, 2021, 06:30:08 PM
Merited by Bitbtc8 (1)

The smartest way of shopping on Alibaba and AliExpress is buying from official stores or from people with very good reviews, this is available on both websites, scammers will never have any good reviews and on thing about AliExpress is the consumers, they always make reviews in video about how the equipments they buy works

Bitbtc8

Activity: 1148
Merit: 116

View Profile
May 05, 2021, 07:28:57 PM

The smartest way of shopping on Alibaba and AliExpress is buying from official stores or from people with very good reviews, this is available on both websites, scammers will never have any good reviews and on thing about AliExpress is the consumers, they always make reviews in video about how the equipments they buy works
You are right, I've been using AliExpress for a very long time now and the only issue I have with them is delivery takes like forever to get down here, the best way to shop on this website is reading reviews from verified buyers, also their are few legit GPU brands on the website like colorful, I believe they have online store available on the website

►           ►     enVoy            Sustainably Green Trust in Trade          ◄           ◄
►           ██  WHITEPAPER       ██  TWO PAGER       ██  TOKEN DECK           ◄
[vFacebook               [vTwitter               [vTelegram               [vMedium               [vLinkedin               [vReddit
TheMimic1

Activity: 252
Merit: 13

View Profile
May 06, 2021, 06:29:21 AM

There are many scammers and also fake products on Alibaba but if you know your way around then you will be safe, sometimes you'd even pay for a product and another will be sent to you, the rating of Alibaba out of 10 is 4 compared to other online stores

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀     ITSMYNE     ▀▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Social-plus NFT marketplace for official sports NFTs
[      t w i t t e r      ]  [    t e l e g r a m    ]  [   i n s t a g r a m   ]  [      d i s c o r d      ]
MCcryptonia

Activity: 155
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 06, 2021, 08:55:56 AM

Use AliExpress instead, there are tons of valid reviews from real buyers on the website than Alibaba, the only downside is long duration of getting your package, this is the only one reason why I don't use the website anymore

FP91G
Legendary

View Profile
May 06, 2021, 09:12:00 AM

In my country, if you count the price of a video card for Aliexpress and the cost of customs duties, then an analogous video card is cheaper and you don't have to wait 30-60 days for delivery. The main factor that makes you think and not make a purchase is the price of the video card, which is several times lower than the market price.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Williamm07

Activity: 181
Merit: 14

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
May 06, 2021, 09:50:46 AM

In my country, if you count the price of a video card for Aliexpress and the cost of customs duties, then an analogous video card is cheaper and you don't have to wait 30-60 days for delivery. The main factor that makes you think and not make a purchase is the price of the video card, which is several times lower than the market price.
Buying more than three graphic cards or even in bulk won't make one feel at loss when it comes to custom fees, I don't buy little items because custom fee is high but when I buy many items the custom fee doesn't feel much

FP91G
Legendary

View Profile
May 06, 2021, 10:13:35 AM

Buying more than three graphic cards or even in bulk won't make one feel at loss when it comes to custom fees, I don't buy little items because custom fee is high but when I buy many items the custom fee doesn't feel much
In my country, the customs duty is 15%. And it doesn't matter how many video cards you buy. On Aliexpress, the goods are 10-15% cheaper, but this amount will have to be paid as tax.
And if the video card is delivered in 30 days with its profit in mining $ 4 per day, then I will lose an additional $ 120 in profit.
Therefore, I do not order video cards on Aliexpress.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Commie

Activity: 621
Merit: 108

View Profile
May 06, 2021, 10:40:01 AM

There's plenty videos on Youtube. Majority of them I watched were showing el cheapo knock off cards with cheapest components possible - that was best case scenario. Others were plain fake with GPUs not matching cards they claimed to be. I wouldn't touch them.

Nhazwrath

View Profile
May 06, 2021, 10:59:39 AM

In my country, the customs duty is 15%. And it doesn't matter how many video cards you buy. On Aliexpress, the goods are 10-15% cheaper, but this amount will have to be paid as tax.
And if the video card is delivered in 30 days with its profit in mining $ 4 per day, then I will lose an additional $ 120 in profit.
Therefore, I do not order video cards on Aliexpress.

I dont dissagree on the logic of the ROI vs a Ebayed card or a regular store bought card.    and I will say  BUT at this point.   laying hands on a card AT ALL is hard at this time.  so its No card or maybe a half decent card?  I am NOT pushing aliexpress or baba.  I also noted that aliexpress cards are if anything more expensive then ebayed cards atm.  The alibaba cards after digging  and digging and digging to figure out whos real and whos not.  I can find a few suppliers in there that Seem to have 580s at a reasonable price if you are buying 10.   I am still digging and have not at all made any sort of commitment on anything due to...  "no I am Not using western union.  do you take paypal? no?"  those are generally a excellent indicator of bad actors.

The search goes on and on and on..
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: