Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 09:56:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is there a way to buy XRP? If you're in the US?  (Read 114 times)
buduan (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 06, 2021, 04:57:07 AM

I've visited all the exchanges I know about and none are offering it. Do you any of you know how I can buy some?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1218

Call your grandparents and tell them you love them

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2021, 06:10:27 AM

I've visited all the exchanges I know about and none are offering it. Do you any of you know how I can buy some?
Possible reason for this being - https://www.sec.gov/news/press-release/2020-338 and its related outcomes which I have checked yet.

You can read the full court proceeds here - https://www.sec.gov/litigation/complaints/2020/comp-pr2020-338.pdf

My current suggestion for you would be to not deal with XRP for now.

Still if you want to take the risks, you can find a list of exchanges that are known to offer XRP here - https://www.coingecko.com/en/coins/xrp#markets

Again the P2P market here on the forum can also be a record free exchange for you. Post a trade in the "Currency Exchange" section of the forum and see if anyone is willing to trade.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Anonymous100

Activity: 423
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 08, 2021, 08:13:12 PM

Have you visited Binance. Where to buy crypto with master card, visa, or by p2p. Perhaps many other exchanges can also buy crypto with a master card, or by means of a bank transfer.

⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣     C O M B O     ⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣
A leading provider of scaling solutions for Web3 game developers
|      Twitter      |    Telegram    |     Discord     |     Medium     |      GitHub      |
bobitza

Activity: 560
Merit: 256

View Profile
May 08, 2021, 09:23:27 PM

Have you visited Binance. Where to buy crypto with master card, visa, or by p2p. Perhaps many other exchanges can also buy crypto with a master card, or by means of a bank transfer.
If I'm not mistaken, binance doesn't provide all of their services to customers in the US, they may only provide service to certain states or not at all. I can't remember exactly, but I believe that's why the OP doesn't use Binance and raises the question here. You should do your research before giving any advice.

ApeSwap.
The next-gen AMM,
Staking and Farming
Protocol on BSC
           ▄██▄
          ██████
          ██████
          ██████ ▄▄███▄
          █████
███▀ ▀▀█
    ▄█████████████▌    ▀█
   ██▀  ▀█████████▄     ▀█
  ██      █████████▄
 ▄█▀       █████████▄
▀▀          ▀█████████▄
              ▀█████████▄
                ▀█████████▄
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Stake now
for over 900% APR!
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
livingfree

Activity: 2772
Merit: 576

View Profile
May 08, 2021, 11:08:03 PM

You can ask someone to do that for you or a P2P trade on Marketplace (Altcoins) - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=161.0

or on the Currency Exchange - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=53.0

But if you can't, have you done and look at Coinbase?

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
GreatArkansas
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1345

Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2021, 11:18:02 PM

Binance, especially Binance.us doesn't list the Ripple (XRP). Even other exchanges that got US exchange like FTX.us, you can't see any Ripple listed.

Even the largest exchange of the US suspended the trading of Ripple (XRP) on their exchange, even in Coinbase Pro - check here: https://help.coinbase.com/en/coinbase/trading-and-funding/cryptocurrency-trading-pairs/ripple-sec

My suggestion is to try to find some ecosystem, like Ethereum/BSC or any that got pegged XRP, so you will own an XRP but on a different blockchain, not exactly on the Ripple network. But I think there is some service that you can swap your pegged XRP to actual XRP? I haven't yet checked.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
mersal

Activity: 1204
Merit: 38

View Profile
May 09, 2021, 04:57:52 AM

I have searched for all the exchanges too, its not possible to buy XRP directly with your bank payments from US but you can buy Bitcoin using banks then use it to buy XRP on decentralized exchanges or even on the centralized exchanges where KYC is not mandatory with the use if VPN but still its risky though because many exchanges will ask you to submit KYC even when its not mandatory.
JeromeTash
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1210

Heisenberg

View Profile
May 09, 2021, 07:32:26 PM

First, Binance.com blocked all the US customers from using the platform so this is not possible
Second, Binance.us, the Binance alternative exchange that US customers use does not have XRP listed in the platform, so a gain, no way of acquiring XRP from there

OP has other options
1. Use p2p trading platforms
2. First buy BTC and Create an unverified account on an exchange using VPN, transfer the BTC to buy XRP he needs and withdraw it into an external wallet. Of course withdrawals have to be below the daily withdrawal limit for unverified accounts in an exchange.

This is a risky move though.

██
█████▀▀███████▀▀███████
█████▀░░▄███████▄░░▀█████
██▀░░██████▀░▀████░░▀██
██▀░░▀▀▀████████████░░▀██
██░░█▄████▀▀███▀█████░░██
██░░███▄▄███████▀▀███░░██
██░░█████████████████░░██
██▄░░████▄▄██████▄▄█░░▄██
██▄░░██████▄░░████░░▄██
█████▄░░▀███▌░░▐▀░░▄█████
███████▄▄███████▄▄███████
.ROOBET 2.0..██████.IIIIIFASTER & SLEEKER.██████.
|

█▄█
▀█▀
████▄▄██████▄▄████
█▄███▀█░░█████░░█▀███▄█
▀█▄▄░▐█████████▌▄▄█▀
██▄▄█████████▄▄████▌
██████▄▄████████
█▀▀████████████████
██████
█████████████
██
█▀▀██████████████
▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
    PLAY NOW    
bobitza

Activity: 560
Merit: 256

View Profile
May 09, 2021, 09:01:21 PM

Binance, especially Binance.us doesn't list the Ripple (XRP). Even other exchanges that got US exchange like FTX.us, you can't see any Ripple listed.

Even the largest exchange of the US suspended the trading of Ripple (XRP) on their exchange, even in Coinbase Pro - check here: https://help.coinbase.com/en/coinbase/trading-and-funding/cryptocurrency-trading-pairs/ripple-sec
Perhaps this is irrelevant, but I'm curious, do you know the reason behind these troubles? Why can't XRP be traded anywhere in the US? Any legal issues?

I hate the way some users show up here, they give a topic, a question or a suggestion, then they go away and we don't get any response.

ApeSwap.
The next-gen AMM,
Staking and Farming
Protocol on BSC
           ▄██▄
          ██████
          ██████
          ██████ ▄▄███▄
          █████
███▀ ▀▀█
    ▄█████████████▌    ▀█
   ██▀  ▀█████████▄     ▀█
  ██      █████████▄
 ▄█▀       █████████▄
▀▀          ▀█████████▄
              ▀█████████▄
                ▀█████████▄
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Stake now
for over 900% APR!
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
buduan (OP)

View Profile
May 10, 2021, 06:59:11 AM

Because I'm based in the US I cannot buy XRP on Binance. When I activate my VPN with a IP address from France it appears I can buy it. I have not gone through the verification process with Binance because of course I don't have a French ID.
elda34b

Activity: 910
Merit: 351

View Profile
May 10, 2021, 11:02:12 AM

Because I'm based in the US I cannot buy XRP on Binance. When I activate my VPN with a IP address from France it appears I can buy it. I have not gone through the verification process with Binance because of course I don't have a French ID.
I think you should stop that. Lots of users account were blocked due to violating this VPN rule and their assets were frozen. Instead of risking your money like this, you should do P2P instead.
buduan (OP)

View Profile
May 10, 2021, 11:14:25 PM

I think you should stop that. Lots of users account were blocked due to violating this VPN rule and their assets were frozen. Instead of risking your money like this, you should do P2P instead.

What does P2P mean and is there a thread on these forums that will detail how it works?
cabron

Activity: 2800
Merit: 595

https://www.betcoin.ag

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2021, 11:44:07 PM

What does P2P mean and is there a thread on these forums that will detail how it works?

Peer to peer. It's just a way you can buy XRP or any other digital assets using bank account you have, paypal or credit card. Try the Binance p2p, I believe there are more users using it there. I haven't tried p2p in binance but they are offering the services where users are buying and selling.

This is the page https://p2p.binance.com/en Check your local currency.

mersal

Activity: 1204
Merit: 38

View Profile
May 11, 2021, 04:41:48 AM

Peer to peer. It's just a way you can buy XRP or any other digital assets using bank account you have, paypal or credit card. Try the Binance p2p, I believe there are more users using it there. I haven't tried p2p in binance but they are offering the services where users are buying and selling.

This is the page https://p2p.binance.com/en Check your local currency.
Binance.com is not available for US customer so using Binance p2p is also not possible and you can't find any easy way to trade XRP when you are from US since XRP was banned by SEC.

P2P is actually trading with someone you know where no exchange or anything involves but people may accept BTC more than USD so OP habe to by BTC first before proceeding further.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: