Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 11:01:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Biased celebration of gender  (Read 161 times)
CryptocurencyKing (OP)

Activity: 1288
Merit: 504

View Profile
May 10, 2021, 11:13:25 AM

There have been an observed trend in my nation of lately and I'm guessing its almost the same around the world on a particular celebration and I'm wondering to what importance and significance it is to be celebrated repeatedly as such. I'm talking about the

MOTHER'S DAY CELEBRATION

I've been used to certain anniversary in life such as, the independence day, children's day world aids day, Christmas holidays and a lot more. one of the reasons why it is celebrated and it continues to have its value is because of the year round nature about this holidays. For it to have been year round is what makes it special and accords it its value. The mothers day celebration as we have it now doesn't seem to follow this trend. In less than  6months, I've witnessed over 3 mothers day celebrations in just this year 2021 and yesterday being 9th of May 2021 was one of them. What has changed or is happening?

Come to think of it, how about the fathers?
Does this actually promote love for the mothers or within a family relation?

I'm yet to understand this truly but, is it same everywhere or it is some African obsession and what really prompts this rather frequent mothers day celebration. What are the things that could arise from this frequent celebration because, its beginning to neglect the father figure in the family or its some passive way to generate some passive income by marketers. What is there to note as to the reason why?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
o_e_l_e_o
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 18515

View Profile
May 10, 2021, 04:17:32 PM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mother%27s_Day#Dates_around_the_world
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4485

View Profile
May 11, 2021, 12:08:06 AM

guess the OP never heard of fathers day
ive celebrated fathers day since i was a kid.

there is no gender bias.

im just shocked a certain community is trying to invent
'non binary parent day'
or
'pronoun exempt parent day'
or
'we dont have kids but we want an equal celebration day'
or
'foster care contractor day... not our kids but we like the money and need a day off to celebrate it'

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Mauser

Activity: 1792
Merit: 529

View Profile
May 11, 2021, 07:33:14 AM

In my country we have one day for mother's day and one day for fathers day. If you ask me, I prefer fathers day because its much more fun. During mothers day it's usually just having a small gift and some flowers for my mother and we meet for a family lunch. During fathers day it's just me and my dad doing some out door activities while drinking beers
Much more fun  Cheesy
o_e_l_e_o
In memoriam
Legendary

View Profile
May 11, 2021, 08:54:25 AM

im just shocked a certain community is trying to invent
Yeah, fuck people for just wanting the same basic treatment as everyone else, right!?

No one is forcing you to celebrate anything.
Kittygalore

Activity: 868
Merit: 63

View Profile
May 11, 2021, 12:52:30 PM

Why make a big deal out of it, there has always been an inequality amongst gender and you whining about an event isn't going to change it, try to apply what you are preaching to yourself and I am sure that it will get more far instead of you whining in a forum somewhere on the Internet.
semobo

Activity: 1498
Merit: 146

View Profile
May 11, 2021, 01:35:03 PM

People praise their mothers on these days but they never know what she is actually doing, all these days are for social media attention but in real life not even 10% of them wished to their mother personally so just be chill no need to get offended. Cheesy
yhiaali3
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1872

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2021, 06:57:56 PM

For me in my country, Mother’s Day is celebrated only on one day a year, it is on March 21 of each year. I think that this day goes back to ancient myths and agricultural cycles of the ancient man who relies on agriculture in particular. March 21 represents the spring solstice where fertility begins In soils as well as in animals, I think this is a symbolic expression of maternal fertility.
I do not know about Mother's Day celebrations in Africa, but it is certain that they are related to the same myths that indicate the fertility of nature, especially that life in Africa depends on agriculture and the fertility of the land in particular.

Cnut237
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277

View Profile
May 11, 2021, 07:32:50 PM

MOTHER'S DAY CELEBRATION
[...] how about the fathers?

I've seen a few variations on 'all lives matter', but I think this is the weirdest one yet.

How about when it's someone's birthday and they receive gifts? Why doesn't everyone else get gifts on that day, too? How is that fair? Why do they have to wait until their own birthday?

How about celebrating Easter to commemorate Jesus being resurrected and walking out of his tomb? What's that all about? How come we don't celebrate other people who walk out of tombs? How come we don't celebrate people who go into tombs but don't walk out?

In summary: Why is there ever any distinction made in life between one thing and any other thing? Wouldn't reality be so much easier if no-one ever said or did anything, if everything in existence was merged into a single amorphous blob and nothing ever happened?

/s

o_e_l_e_o
In memoriam
Legendary

View Profile
May 11, 2021, 07:44:08 PM

Wouldn't reality be so much easier if no-one ever said or did anything, if everything in existence was merged into a single amorphous blob and nothing ever happened?
I mean, it would certainly make my job a lot less stressful. How do I vote for this?
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2021, 07:48:18 PM

Anyone bitching about mothers should try giving birth to a small human.

Come to think of it... seems unfair that mothers have only one day. I henceforth declare every Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and every other Sunday as "Mother's day".
quocsi

Activity: 360
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 11, 2021, 11:27:20 PM

Now the respect and gender discrimination is broadening. Men are often more respected than women. They see men as the breadwinner of the family that generates material wealth. The gender discrimination is manifested in many forms such as: the right to vote for women, political equality, domestic violence with female subjects, criticism of discriminatory advertisements. gender, criticism of women's representation in science...

Cnut237
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277

View Profile
May 12, 2021, 08:14:51 PM

amorphous blob
How do I vote for this?

I'd normally say contact him on Twitter, but it looks like his account has been suspended or something. But I'm not sure if he's definitely running in '24 in any case.

o_e_l_e_o
In memoriam
Legendary

View Profile
May 12, 2021, 08:42:25 PM

Oh. Oh no. I take it back.
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3780
Merit: 1373

View Profile
May 14, 2021, 02:37:09 PM

Biased celebration of gender

Why would there be gender bias? Because people don't realize that, all genders outside man or woman are virtual genders.

In the real chemical world, there might be all kinds of mix-ups in the health of men or women. But there are still only two genders, physically.

All other genders are virtual genders, like "Me wanna be this way or that."

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
Natsuu

Activity: 1120
Merit: 158

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
May 14, 2021, 03:22:10 PM

We celebrate father's day the same way we celebrate mother's day, or is it just ours who does this on that day specified in the calendars or news.

As far as I know, we even have somehow father's day event in schools, so I guess there's no biases in that situation there.

UNLESS, you refer to other genders that has been popping out lately. The difference between these annual celebrated celebration and those new things is that, it is not yet to be normalized, and peoples are yet to accept those.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: