Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 02:05:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mark Zuckerberg named his goat Bitcoin  (Read 682 times)
SaShiRaJaVu

Activity: 1694
Merit: 541

View Profile
May 11, 2021, 08:14:53 PM

why didn’t he name facebook and Libra?
The reason might be both are almost dead projects  Cheesy.

he is jealous that bitcoin got what he tried and didn't get when he created Libra. he should be a less envious person and he should also be a sensible person. make fun like that Is something bad even for him
It is just a small fun and let him have some fun in his social media page which he owns and he might be missing that in real life  Grin.
Since he named his goat Bitcoin, will he be starting a Bitcoin farm soon or a Bitcoin exchange, who knows he might be looking at the success rate of other businesses who are making billions and he might start one Wink.
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
sunsilk (OP)

Activity: 2898
Merit: 620

View Profile
May 11, 2021, 08:24:28 PM

What I've understood so far is that it's likely the rumor that has been said before about Facebook. The other one is also, that he's just wanting to get the attention as Doge and Elon is the one that gets most of the attention in the social media and worldwide currently.

Posts like he did gets the attention of me and probably most of you guys too. But in all sum of it, I just think just as you guys that he don't want Elon to just get all the social media exposure that he gets, he must be in - probably that's on his mind.

BitFinnese
Copper Member

Activity: 1050
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 11, 2021, 08:46:54 PM

Just a fresh post on his Facebook profile. Mark Zuckerberg posts that he named his goats Max & Bitcoin.

https://www.facebook.com/zuck/posts/10112954515429031

No need to login, that's the actual link from his post.

Nice name, deciphering the message G.O.A.T = Bitcoin.  Well what do you know Bitcoin being the greatest of all time  Grin
pixie85

Activity: 2128
Merit: 524

View Profile
May 11, 2021, 08:58:08 PM

So one of the replies linked this:

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/01/24/mark-zuckerberg-once-killed-a-goat--and-served-it-to-jack-dorsey-.html

Obviously, Zuckerberg wants to kill Bitcoin lol. Kidding aside though, I won't even read into this. Bitcoin is a household name nowadays, and I wouldn't bat an eyelid if some random family named a random pet after it. Zuck doing it isn't weird at all (what's weird is him naming goats but whatever floats his boat lol).

Is he going to eat it in person or feed it to the members of the congress who made him look like a fool when he tried to bullshit them with Libra? Cheesy

Zuck is such a weirdo that I wouldn't even bother discussing this but if any publicity is good then I guess this is some positive news.

What's next? Elon gets a Shiba and calls it Dogecoin?
tinopener

Activity: 224
Merit: 36

View Profile
May 11, 2021, 09:02:04 PM

At first glance I thought that Max meant Max Keiser.
Twentyonepaylots

Activity: 1848
Merit: 370

View Profile
May 11, 2021, 09:24:03 PM

I could name my dog bitcoin or dogecoin too if I want. People nowadays like to dig in too much into stuff when sometimes it's all just superficial. Elon has been a very common victim of this in the past but after the internet got used to his constant memeing they eventually stopped checking, perhaps we can divert the energy we expend in digging up unimportant stuff like this to something that will help us earn something in the future. I don't know just food for thought I guess.
yazher

Activity: 2170
Merit: 585

You own the pen

View Profile
May 11, 2021, 09:25:10 PM

I think it's Mark Zuckerberg's right to name what his pet is, it's Mark's heart. And I don't think it will change anything for the bitcoin price, it's purely for entertainment

Maybe it's just for some kind of show because of the current trend which is the word "Bitcoin". Nothing will change in the market nor in the investor's mind because this kind of thing is non connected to any source of exchange or other crypto platforms. so it simply implies some kind of show-off thing. On the other hand, people who believe in the conspiracy theory think that this might be some kind of hidden message or some kind of prediction in the future. whatever it is, it has nothing to do with the crypto market and we don't really care.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
mamiko

Activity: 294
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 11, 2021, 10:21:01 PM

Could this be because the Facebook company invested in bitcoin? Or is there a new case of Elon Musk. but for bitcoin, I don't think it can be manipulated as easily as dogecoin. But doesn't this news mean that Mark Zuckerberg knows and cares about bitcoin? maybe he did it for ridicule. I hope it isn't. but I think famous billionaires are following bitcoin closely. some do not want to say that.

just_Alice

Activity: 1274
Merit: 622

View Profile
May 11, 2021, 10:22:13 PM

he is jealous that bitcoin got what he tried and didn't get when he created Libra. he should be a less envious person and he should also be a sensible person. make fun like that Is something bad even for him
I don't know if it's correct to judge the person's character from a movie, but, when I recall the movie The Social Network this kind of actions don't seem that surprising.
On the other hand, we can't really know what kind of person he is and I think that it's quite possible he's just having some fun and there was no hidden motivation behind that.
At a times like this, I honestly feel sorry for famous and public figures, they're simply making a post and people are starting to see manipulation attempts, resentfulness, and concealed messages.  
finaleshot2016
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1007

Degen in the Space

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2021, 10:36:35 PM

I heard a rumor a while back that Facebook was planning to buy a large amount of bitcoin, so I wasn't surprised when I saw this, because there's a reason he called it Bitcoin. There's a chance he'll get on the bitcoin bandwagon right now, but he's still looking for a decent and right position/entry. Since he's the CEO of a social media platform, Facebook, maybe he has thought himself that used it like how Elon Musk influence the current market of Doge.

This should not be overlooked because it is one of the reasons that we, as small investors, should consider because it should provide us with a small profit.

Everything has been for a reason, never underestimate each thing because they could always go on the other side, they're rich and have a massive influence on the public.
TimeTeller

Activity: 2702
Merit: 588

View Profile
May 11, 2021, 10:42:41 PM

I heard a rumor a while back that Facebook was planning to buy a large amount of bitcoin, so I wasn't surprised when I saw this, because there's a reason he called it Bitcoin. There's a chance he'll get on the bitcoin bandwagon right now, but he's still looking for a decent and right position/entry. Since he's the CEO of a social media platform, Facebook, maybe he has thought himself that used it like how Elon Musk influence the current market of Doge.

This should not be overlooked because it is one of the reasons that we, as small investors, should consider because it should provide us with a small profit.

Everything has been for a reason, never underestimate each thing because they could always go on the other side, they're rich and have a massive influence on the public.

I have the feeling that he is already into bitcoin long time ago, if not the FB company itself.
With his supposedly Libra project, he was already oriented with crypto few years back.
Maybe, he is just too careful in declaring something about bitcoin or any other crypto.
But if more and more popular personalities will give a hint about bitcoin or crypto, people will be curious in finding out what this is all about.
They are the real influencers that can create massive adoption if they want to. Because people follow what they are up to.
sunsilk (OP)

Activity: 2898
Merit: 620

View Profile
May 12, 2021, 12:29:49 AM

Nice name, deciphering the message G.O.A.T = Bitcoin.  Well what do you know Bitcoin being the greatest of all time  Grin
Looks nice, isn't it? but there were also some thoughts that were too negative for me to say and I won't tell that but you know what goats are for.

At first glance I thought that Max meant Max Keiser.
I've also seen someone say the same thing on the other posts but it's unlikely.

yes it could be that he is jealous of Elon who is the attention of many people on social media, he tries to divert it by making jokes for himself and involving crypto (Bitcoin) so that it becomes the spotlight of many people like Elon did, but the posts made by Mark are of course only  joke and has absolutely no effect on the price movements of the cryptocurrency market.
Yes, there's no absolute connection to the market with what Mark did. Everyone can name things and pets or whatever they want with bitcoin. But the difference between him and us, he's an owner of big tech companies and there's like a celebrity treatment for him.

Rruchi man
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1081

View Profile
May 12, 2021, 12:45:53 AM

Just a fresh post on his Facebook profile. Mark Zuckerberg posts that he named his goats Max & Bitcoin.

https://www.facebook.com/zuck/posts/10112954515429031

No need to login, that's the actual link from his post.

I have two questions after reading this:

Firstly, Since Mark has one goat named Bitcoin, is it okay to say that Mark has One Bitcoin? Lol.

Secondly, why is one named Bitcoin and the other Max? (I guess only Mark can really give an answer to this)
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
May 12, 2021, 07:52:29 AM

Well guys, this may be a sign that Zucker's hatred towards Bitcoin is melting away. First of all, his anti-Bitcoin stance was triggered probably because of the involvement of the Winklevoss twins. Now Bitcoin has grown much bigger than the Winklevii and he don't need to bother about them. And hopefully he has realized that integration of Bitcoin into Facebook can be mutually beneficial. It can boost Facebook as well, at a time when it is facing stagnancy.
lifeforcepools

Activity: 616
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 12, 2021, 07:56:29 AM

Why talk about it? Is this some big news? Not at all.

BUY CRYPTO AT REASONABLE RATES
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▄
██████ ▄█▄ ██████
██████ █████ ██████
█████ ▄ ███ ▄ █████
████▌▐██ █ ██▌▐████
███▄ ▀▀▌ ▐▀▀ ▄███
▀████▄▄ ▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀█▀█████▄
████        ▀████
███████  ███  █████
███████      ▀█████
███████  ███  █████
████        ▄████
▀█████▄█▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
██████   ▐███████
██████▌   ▀▀███████
█████▀    ▄████████
████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████
███▌         ▄███
▀█████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
&OTHER
COINS
Tipstar

Activity: 1750
Merit: 278

Smart World Global Token

View Profile
May 12, 2021, 07:59:35 AM

I too saw that from his original post and quite surprised of seeing someone like Mark Zuckerberg naming his goat bitcoin and openly stating it. Specially someone who is careful of not promoting anything for free.
His platform has been a leader in centralization and had banned crypto advertising for quite some time. This also suggest that Mark Zuckerberg do have a significant amount on bitcoin holdings.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

imstillthebest

Activity: 1638
Merit: 122

View Profile
May 12, 2021, 01:46:59 PM

Why talk about it? Is this some big news? Not at all.
it is . because mark z is the founder of facebook and this was the first time i guess he mentioned bitcoin . btc users automaticaly thinks that he is into bitcoin .

I have two questions after reading this:

Firstly, Since Mark has one goat named Bitcoin, is it okay to say that Mark has One Bitcoin? Lol.

Secondly, why is one named Bitcoin and the other Max? (I guess only Mark can really give an answer to this)
its okay . say what you want because mark dont tell how much btc he have but for a guy like him 1 bitcoin is not enough and will be cheap  .
we can use top personalities as a reference if how much btc they have  .
 to the other goat named max i guess max is also a cryptocurrency that mark is investing and he wants to promote it .
Renampun

Activity: 2282
Merit: 362

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2021, 02:25:11 PM

Okay, but for what? Another reason for him to remind about his person?
That's right, probably another reason to get some more attention. It is not fair that only Elon Musk has been getting all that crypto publicity  Cheesy
No reason to post something like that if it wasn't for more attention...

I think the same as you, Mark just wants to steal the attention...

if he owns Bitcoin and wants to pump with this post it is totally ineffective, it is much more effective if he announces he has Bitcoin to the public live. So the conclusion is he just wants to steal the attention.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

Nhor1011

Activity: 994
Merit: 11

Daxetoken.net

View Profile
May 12, 2021, 02:57:28 PM

Everyone has the right to give name in a human and animals as they want. I think Mark Zuckerberg named his goat "Bitcoin" to attract peoples attention because bitcoin is now a very popular digital currency. Or maybe he wants to always remember bitcoin in his goat because he owned a lot of bitcoin. Who knows what is the real purpose of this man?

Bitstar_coin

Activity: 2422
Merit: 693

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2021, 04:01:00 PM

It is a name I don't see any big deal about it, if he likes the name and decide to name his Goat after btc then that's his business,  just same way I can decide to name my cat Facebook  Cheesy I think it will be a cute name for a cat though, lol, rich dudes always looking for a way to make a statement.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM