Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:51:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What percentage of investment BTC vs ETH  (Read 764 times)
Pamadar
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1028

View Profile
June 05, 2021, 02:17:54 PM

50 50 is also good, because ETH and BTC are ranked 1 and 2 of the marketcap it shouldn't be a problem to invest in both coins, but you can change the size like 60/40, 70/30, or even 80/20 for btc.
depending on your choice.

You can change the size of your investment  right after you are done doing your research,

it's going to depend with how you aim your target, either long or short trade will work if you didn't bother to do your DYOR, enhanicng your knowledge always got a good weight in taking your side in placing your investment.

I will put 80% ETH and 20% BTC. The reason why i put 80% on ETH because major upgrade will happen in this year (ETH 2.0) i believe the upgrade will be amazing and make more big company using ETH.
Yes, it won't be wrong if you put your investment 80% on ETH, but you also don't forget if BTC doesn't increase well, ETH will be difficult to increase in price because ETH is a token that always follows BTC rally or BTC trend

Just like what I have said above, the chance is always there for both this coin, you just need to focus in finding what asset is suit to your attitude.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Dr.Osh
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1004

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
June 05, 2021, 04:52:23 PM

50 50 is also good, because ETH and BTC are ranked 1 and 2 of the marketcap it shouldn't be a problem to invest in both coins, but you can change the size like 60/40, 70/30, or even 80/20 for btc.
depending on your choice.
well, 50:50 might be good. I think the reason is, the price of bitcoin always goes up first, and the price is sometimes very high. while for ethereum, sometimes the price takes a little longer to rising, but with 50% of assets, I think it can provide a bigger profit than bitcoin when the price of ethereum in bitcoin also goes up. a lot of people get confused by that, therefore 50:50 is a good choice.

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
jajorforce

Activity: 399
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2021, 04:58:43 PM

Yes, take advantage of this opportunity as best you can to buy bitcoin and ethereum,
because after all, if you look at the current conditions it is the right time to buy,
that's for sure because they are both top and potential coins so keep patient waiting for them to recover
True, I am also sure that they will recover faster when market conditions begin to normalize, then all Altcoins will follow too, because without Bitcoin recovery, Altcoins will also find it difficult to recover and rise.
If we find Bitcoin in a stable condition like a few months before 55k-64k USD, we can switch those percentage of top altcoins to high volume altcoins. Now I put a big percentage in the Ethereum. If the market (especially crypto) is in the dip top volume, altcoins are good to make fast profit. I will separate 70 and 30 in both altcoins.
Lantind

Activity: 2268
Merit: 263

View Profile
June 08, 2021, 05:33:12 PM

Just like what I have said above, the chance is always there for both this coin, you just need to focus in finding what asset is suit to your attitude.
Yes, and the assets that suit me right now are ETH and BNB because that's all I can afford and what I like right now because they are still pretty cheap and have the potential to recover faster when Bitcoin starts to stabilize for price increases.
livingfree

Activity: 2786
Merit: 578

View Profile
June 08, 2021, 06:46:28 PM

Yes, and the assets that suit me right now are ETH and BNB because that's all I can afford and what I like right now because they are still pretty cheap and have the potential to recover faster when Bitcoin starts to stabilize for price increases.
BNB became cheap and as well as Ethereum. They're far already from their all time high and that's why if you want to buy these coins right now, they're up for sale and discount.

That's true that whenever bitcoin stabilizes its price, they're going to follow bitcoin as it recovers.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
herurist

Activity: 1680
Merit: 259

View Profile
June 08, 2021, 07:11:33 PM

for this meme coin I dare not recommend because I think this coin has reached its peak but if for example you believe in this then do it. but maybe you can with your choice of ethereum and also maybe bnb will be good too for long term investment regardless of percentage maybe you can use 30% for these two coins and the remaining 70% will be kept in btc because I believe it will be good

██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████████████████
████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄██
███████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀█████
████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████
██████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀█████████████████
████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
jjdub7

Activity: 938
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 09, 2021, 06:51:58 AM

If you were going to invest in both BTC and ETH what percentage would you put into each?  At the moment I have 100% in BTC but am thinking of diversifying.

Are there a couple of others that you would suggest should get some of that percentage, such as DOGE or something else? If so, what percentages?

In general, the distribution of your portfolio depends in parts and the budget you have and the from the investment strategy you want to use while you invest.

If you want to split your budget only between Bitcoin and Ethereum, I would prefer 60% / 40%.

If you want to add other altcoins, maybe something like 50% BTC / 40% ETH and 10% Alts.
Shallow

Activity: 938
Merit: 255

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile
June 09, 2021, 07:02:52 AM

If you were going to invest in both BTC and ETH what percentage would you put into each?  At the moment I have 100% in BTC but am thinking of diversifying.

Are there a couple of others that you would suggest should get some of that percentage, such as DOGE or something else? If so, what percentages?

Most times, the reason why a lot of people goes for other coins is that, through those coins, they can make enough profit to accumulate Bitcoin, that is, one (1) Bitcoin might look big to get at a go for some people, but through participating in IEO for example, they can be able to buy Bitcoin. The reason for this brief rundown is that, you can hold Bitcoin and other coins, and through those other coins, you can increase your Bitcoin holding, so yes, I support the idea of diversifying.
Going with your choice, Ethereum is a very good coin to diversify into because everyone knows the potential that lies within it. Another is Binance Coin, the truth is, BNB is a coin which have a very good spot in the future, because as the team is constantly improving their services and products, the more BNB will continue growing.
Lastly, about the percentage, in my opinion, Bitcoin being the best coin can be attributed 50% while ETH goes with 30% and BNB 20%.

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
...The Open..............
...Lending Platform...
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄██████████▀▀▀▀███████▄
█████████▀        ███████
████████▀        ▄█████████
█████████       ▄▀▀██████████
█████████     ▄▀   ▀█████████
██████████  ▄▀      █████████
█████████▀▀       ▄████████
███████        ▄█████████
▀███████▄▄▄▄██████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
.SMARTFI..████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
...Join the SmartFi.....
...Token Sale...
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
Lantind

View Profile
June 09, 2021, 12:19:55 PM

BNB became cheap and as well as Ethereum. They're far already from their all time high and that's why if you want to buy these coins right now, they're up for sale and discount.

That's true that whenever bitcoin stabilizes its price, they're going to follow bitcoin as it recovers.
Yes, now both are equally good to be owned by anyone for anything because the issue of Transaction fees is also very affordable and even small traders are no longer complaining about it now, but some people are only complaining about the current market correction.
semobo

Activity: 1498
Merit: 146

View Profile
June 09, 2021, 01:10:40 PM

70% or above should be in bitcoin and the remaining should goes to altcoins in my opinion so its your choice to invest the remaining 30% in ETH itself or further diversify into lot of other coins which can give you more profits in quick time than ETH and BTC.
livingfree

View Profile
June 09, 2021, 08:29:08 PM

Yes, now both are equally good to be owned by anyone for anything because the issue of Transaction fees is also very affordable and even small traders are no longer complaining about it now, but some people are only complaining about the current market correction.
Yup.

The issue about transaction fee doesn't matter anymore for Ethereum because it had dropped too much lately and no one can complain about it anymore.

So if you're sending to any DApp or anything related to ERC20 and smart contracts, you don't have to think a lot about paying much gwei.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Lantind

View Profile
June 10, 2021, 03:42:52 PM

Yup.

The issue about transaction fee doesn't matter anymore for Ethereum because it had dropped too much lately and no one can complain about it anymore.

So if you're sending to any DApp or anything related to ERC20 and smart contracts, you don't have to think a lot about paying much gwei.
It's true, now it's very obvious that people are no longer complaining about the fees on the ERC20 network, if there's still one or two people, maybe he just hasn't washed his face and just woke up Grin
livingfree

View Profile
June 10, 2021, 05:48:25 PM

Yup.

It's true, now it's very obvious that people are no longer complaining about the fees on the ERC20 network, if there's still one or two people, maybe he just hasn't washed his face and just woke up Grin
If there's one who will still complain about the fee.

He or she didn't probably saw how much the fees were up before and aren't thankful for the fee that will be taken for this time. There were a lot of times that we get to pay that much even if we don't want to.

Because we have no choice but to continue the transaction and just blindly pay the high cost of the fee but now, it's been clean and cheaper.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Lantind

View Profile
June 11, 2021, 02:47:09 PM

If there's one who will still complain about the fee.

He or she didn't probably saw how much the fees were up before and aren't thankful for the fee that will be taken for this time. There were a lot of times that we get to pay that much even if we don't want to.

Because we have no choice but to continue the transaction and just blindly pay the high cost of the fee but now, it's been clean and cheaper.
Yes, that's true, that's why I said that if someone is still complaining about the cost of Gas, then he just woke up from his sleep so he doesn't see that last year the cost was still very high compared to now.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: