Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 12:29:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining chia network with HDD it true ?  (Read 240 times)
btc-room101

Activity: 182
Merit: 30

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2021, 03:35:09 AM

Since you already have a calculator asking the audience if you will get chia with 50TB or 100TB is not cool, the truth is the calculator is showing you predictions of when to expect a block solved but I've seen many with over 100TB that haven't solve any blocks in months, chia solo mining is gambling

The HPOOL pay's out every 5-15minutes 100%

When the calc say 1 plot will win in 7 years, what that means is that you have a 51% chance of winning, but you also have a 49% chance of zero ROI

What HPOOL does they have all the ASIAN miners, and they split the pot an every win, they get like 90% of all the wins, my HPOOL returns 4x what the chia-calc predicts.
btc-room101

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2021, 03:38:36 AM

it seems that this project is the new fashion but the exponential growth it has seen makes it difficult for many enthusiasts who do not have quality hardware... guaranteed there is nothing but I think it is an interesting project, you will find many video tutorials on Youtube.

The videos are all paid influencers all using the exact same script, and the exact same  free hw plugs months ago, the influencers have led their sheep to the slaughter as solo-mining chia returns zero

There is not a single site on youtube telling the truth, its like the entire narrative is/was already signed off by cia-nsa, hell youtube is google, but amazon aws in on chia, and so is google, so no wonder they don't allow the truth, aka dissenting opinions

Both google & amazon make money by hosting morons to host their plots (108gb files), and to attempt to create-plots on their  virtual servers, at costs of 1000X of ROI;
btc-room101

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2021, 03:41:57 AM

it seems that this project is the new fashion but the exponential growth it has seen makes it difficult for many enthusiasts who do not have quality hardware... guaranteed there is nothing but I think it is an interesting project, you will find many video tutorials on Youtube.

For months the space size ( now 8.5 EB, 8.5 billion-billion bytes ) rises 8% a day, or every 9 days doubles; The prices is dropping 3% a day. Parity will soon be achieved where space growth will collapse, however long after the price has collapsed. Fools always quit an activity long after the ROI has gone to nil.

ALmost everybody concurs that the HDD & SSD manufacturers paid these companys  to push space crypto, so to make HDD the new GPU shortage, and 5x the price
(o)(o)ilikeboobs(o)(o)

Activity: 826
Merit: 105

View Profile
May 23, 2021, 09:49:31 AM

CHIA mining is going strong in China and neighboring countries. Looks like this coin is getting good profit to mine. I haven't tried mining them yet but my friends are making good profits and they are continuing to scale CHIA mining. What I find good about CHIA mining is that it doesn't cause as much noise, heat and electricity as traditional crypto mining.
btc-room101

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2021, 02:08:03 PM

CHIA mining is going strong in China and neighboring countries. Looks like this coin is getting good profit to mine. I haven't tried mining them yet but my friends are making good profits and they are continuing to scale CHIA mining. What I find good about CHIA mining is that it doesn't cause as much noise, heat and electricity as traditional crypto mining.

Funny how people who in the first sentence say "I have never done this", but then go on to tell you how great it is,

I think in reality, if you were to plot chia, and run farmers to mine the plots, you would know that chia is a pile of feces.

I have been mining chia for months, and eth on gpus for years, and the gpu is profitable, the chia, you fall behind everyday, no matter how many new plots you create, you can't stay up with the global space, now at 12+ EB (billion-billion bytes) that means our little 100TB farms earn about $1/day, and 1/2 each week, contstant I can create 16 plots a day, which used to be doubling, now its like adding 1% to my farm, while the global grows 10% /day

The end who knows, moronity has no limits, it could be 100EB, it would also be 1,000EB, whereas for humans, the limit will always be 10-500TB, think about 500TB that's 50 10TB hard-disks at today price of $500, or $25k, to make $1/day

Then don't accept the BS they tell you about HDD's lasting, in my 2+ months I have destroyed 3 drives from running their SW, its highly abusive to new drives, and if you chia-mine, the warranty is voided on day one, its all in the logs, they can see what you did, there is no hiding the abuse.

For the average person who dabbles, 10TB is a big deal, and now that is 1 cent/day, however since most don't pool, they solo-mine, to date the majority have earned zero to date.
Daltonik
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1490

View Profile
May 29, 2021, 10:53:23 AM

Sabrent has announced the upcoming release of specialized series of M.2 format ssd for Chia cryptocurrency mining. The older model of PlotRipper Pro for 2 TB, according to the manufacturer, has a resource of 54 PB of rewriting, the manufacturer did not mention the price and availability for purchase. https://www.storagereview.com/news/sabrent-plotripper-chia-plotting-ssd-announced

btc-room101

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2021, 11:14:46 AM

Sabrent has announced the upcoming release of specialized series of M.2 format ssd for Chia cryptocurrency mining. The older model of PlotRipper Pro for 2 TB, according to the manufacturer, has a resource of 54 PB of rewriting, the manufacturer did not mention the price and availability for purchase. https://www.storagereview.com/news/sabrent-plotripper-chia-plotting-ssd-announced

Be real careful here, and look for the small print on the warranty, and also just about every drive manufacturing outfit has already said they don't honor warranty on their drives if you hdd mined them

Ok, so I have been doing this 2+ months, I have 3 dead drives to date, an I have learned a log about the NVME, its not the sequential that dies, its the random, even the corsair demon is says 5000mb/s ( small print seq ), random 500mb/sec ( same as sata )

My samsung NVME drives are all warranty for 5yr, 600TBW, at 150TBW or 2 weeks, or 100 plots they die, its all the same technology, the same controllers, the same nand memory; all that is different is marketing

But read the small print folks

It's been said to buy the enterprise drives, but they too are rated for sequential, and not random access.

There are two controllers on the NVME one for seq, and one for random, and its the random controller that goes +90C and smokes, and leaves the seq controller still working.
gooders

Activity: 121
Merit: 1

www.cd3d.app

View Profile
May 29, 2021, 11:35:10 AM

ahahahha))) British police discovered a Bitcoin mining farm during an operation to seize illegal marijuana.

"This is definitely not what we expected." - said the police officer.

▆▆▆▆▆▆   :[CD3D]:   ▆▆▆▆▆▆
DeFi & Gaming, meet Play. Trade. Hold. WIN.
www.cd3d.app
btc-room101

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2021, 09:33:24 AM

ahahahha))) British police discovered a Bitcoin mining farm during an operation to seize illegal marijuana.

"This is definitely not what we expected." - said the police officer.

Actually miners (GPU/ASIC) are great for grow operations, all mining generates about 45C, at 48% humidity, the perfect drying environment for bud's.

This would be a twofer, rather than just buying a dryer, you get crypto while drying the bud's.

Sadly, since chia doesn't generate heat, what does it have to do with this op? Bitcoin is not chia, you understand  that right?
Daltonik
Legendary

View Profile
June 08, 2021, 09:01:52 AM

Yes, many SDD manufacturers reduce the warranty period of their devices due to chia mining, but some go even further, for example, PNY has reduced the service life of XLR8 CS3030 series SSDs. The resource of some models has been reduced by almost 80%. Yes, many SDD manufacturers are reducing the warranty period of their devices due to chia mining , but some go even further, for example, PNY has reduced the service life of the XLR8 CS3030 series SSD. The resource of some models has been reduced by almost 80% Depending on the drive modification, the reduction in the guaranteed amount of recorded information reaches almost 80%  for the 2 TB model, this figure has decreased from 3115 to 660 TB https://www.computerbase.de/2021-06/xlr8-cs3030-ssd-pny-reduziert-total-bytes-written-um-fast-80-prozent/

Daltonik
Legendary

View Profile
June 11, 2021, 12:33:30 PM

Huobi Pool launched the Chia mining pool on June 10. This is a beta launch, and Huobi Pool is currently one of two platforms offering a Chia mining pool worldwide. https://twitter.com/WuBlockchain/status/1403270612299259911

Daltonik
Legendary

View Profile
July 12, 2021, 05:12:02 PM

The creator of Chia, Bram Cohen, shared plans for the development of DeFi products in the project's ecosystem, including he mentioned a decentralized exchange and an automated market maker. https://twitter.com/bramcohen/status/1414330645141094403

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: