Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 05:03:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Holding 5 years a just a imagination  (Read 3398 times)
Rabi3

Activity: 1204
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 23, 2021, 11:32:51 PM

We’re not in a bear market, we’re just cooling off after going too high, too fast in the first part of 2021. Just relax & wait, if you waited 5 years you can wait another few months which is when this bull run will heat up again.
I believe the same but there are many people that cannot wait any longer, many people bought at the top or near the top and they are desperate, after all they invested money they could not afford to lose and every single day in which the price of bitcoin does not move or it goes down it is another day in which they are thinking about selling their coins and eventually they will do so, which is a shame as I think the bull market we will see at the end of the year will be massive.
you are right. many people are impatient in holding the coins they have. Well, I'm like that sometimes too, but I understand that we won't get rich overnight holding altcoins. however, as long as we hold the right coin, I think it's only a matter of time for the price to recover. well, for another matter, it looks like you guys are holding the coin wrong long term.
yes it's only a matter of time.. holding altcoins is certainly a lot of risk if it is within 5 years. We have to be good at analyzing For me at this time if I have a big enough profit, I can sell it. Because we never know what this coin will turn out to be, and I realize that...that's why I'm not too greedy in making policies.
i think that saying that you're going to hold for 5 years does not make any sense, you have to hold depending on the market and the news which everyone holding should be aware of, holding for 5 years is like gambling, you don't know what could happen, but you hold hoping for the best.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kenelmark

Activity: 1204
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 28, 2021, 12:32:58 PM

i think that saying that you're going to hold for 5 years does not make any sense, you have to hold depending on the market and the news which everyone holding should be aware of, holding for 5 years is like gambling, you don't know what could happen, but you hold hoping for the best.
Holding for 5 years is a very long job and even some people find it annoying to wait for the passage of time for 5 years, because how many events will we see in the market during those 5 years, so it can only be done by people who have the patience extra and never complained about any condition in his life.
Melody kdl

Activity: 55
Merit: 5

View Profile
September 15, 2021, 06:18:54 AM

A friend of mine has a good mentality. After buying the tokens, he didn't look at the market often. He told me that after buying it, he would treat it as if he had no tokens. This mentality is worth learning.
However, five years is too long. If you want to hold for a long time, you must first understand the future of currency. If you are confident in this coin, please stick to it. After all, five years is not too short. It is safest to choose mainstream currencies. If you find a good time, you can try to stick to it.
Xampeuu

Activity: 1400
Merit: 115

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
September 15, 2021, 06:23:55 AM

5 years is a long time, if we invest at the right time, maybe we will get the maximum profit, but if in 5 years there is a price correction we might get a profit that is not maximal. for me as long as there is a new ATH formation then I will release some assets, and some I hold maybe more than 5 years depending on the market situation later

Ngewex Yuk

Activity: 1190

View Profile
September 15, 2021, 08:10:54 AM

5 years is a long time, if we invest at the right time, maybe we will get the maximum profit, but if in 5 years there is a price correction we might get a profit that is not maximal. for me as long as there is a new ATH formation then I will release some assets, and some I hold maybe more than 5 years depending on the market situation later

Long-term hold of up to 5 years is very profitable, of course only coins that already have a high reputation such as bitcoin, ethereum, BNB, Crypto.com, TRON and so on, it's too risky if we hold long-term coins that are still new because according to my experience there are many dead or frozen in the market.

TIME
TO
SLEEP
Bikan

Activity: 72
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 15, 2021, 08:40:41 AM

Nip remains worthy hodling after 5 years, as seen by the achievements. Our five best coins don't always function as well in the future, but they will finish in top spot as soon as the improvements are well-executed.
hidingyou

Activity: 291
Merit: 13

View Profile
September 15, 2021, 12:06:29 PM

I salute to those who are still hodling up that many years, it's not that easy especially when you talk about big investments. much like stock market. It's sounds imaginative but its possible and true, I know some people still hodling up and they are doing well so far

goolesby

Activity: 574
Merit: 10

Gistcoin

View Profile
September 15, 2021, 02:30:43 PM

Long-term investments are investments made by companies or individuals over a long period of time (generally more than 1 year).
Usually, the long-term investment goal is to prepare for future finances, such as retirement costs, children's school fees or to grow the wealth assets owned by individuals or corporations.
Long-term investors generally spend less time monitoring the movement of the value of their assets, so even for long-term investments you still have to monitor the movement of your assets.

LordMiguel

Activity: 175
Merit: 10

ITSMYNE

View Profile
September 15, 2021, 02:45:00 PM

i think you have a good point but i boils down to what coin you are holding. i will always hold on to blockchain and smart contract tokens. tokens like ethereum, binance, Ada and co. Also it is good to follow thrends and know emerging technologies in crypto. i think defi is here to stay and it is along term investment. don't just invest because you saw the token in the top 10. you can take a look at EOS and NEO. they are gradually leaving the top 10 and will eventually leave.

Lubang Bawah

Activity: 1358
Merit: 253

View Profile
September 15, 2021, 02:52:11 PM

Many success stories now appear because they hold up to 5 years or more, those who bought and held Ethereum 5 years ago when the price was below $10 of course would get huge profits up to 340x, I think 5 years is the right time to invest, I will hold ethereum , BNB and Solana because they believe they can skyrocket.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
[
[
[
]
]
]
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
MIner1448

Activity: 938
Merit: 13

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
September 15, 2021, 02:52:19 PM

we keep the coins at least 5 years , but its too long imagination.  you can proof it. 2018 early NEM coin was top 6 Marketcap now 56. so keeping its useless. we have to updated everytime and get the action the correct time and exit.

Now i think bear market is going on , so holding for 4,5 years just a imagination. specially i have to say that TOP 5 coins , we must keep  most probebly they will surpass the All time high again.

what all your perspectives?

I agree with you 100%, for holding for such a long period, you can only advise to enter bitcoin or fairium, these two resistant coins have already proven to everyone that they can show growth every new year, all other coins should not be invested for such a long time term. Some projects will be scammed even after a year of successful work, although the idea and goals were completely different in them.
avarnet

Activity: 840

View Profile
September 15, 2021, 04:24:42 PM

For me, the TOP 5 coins that I need to keep for the next 5 years are;
number 1; Crypto digital asset Telcoin (TEL) registers a 239% price increase
2nd; this week's top gainers, Bitcoin Diamond (BCD) recorded a price increase of up to 221% with a market cap of almost US$ 1.5 billion
the 3rd; Ethereum Classic (ETC) which is also up more than 200%. The difference with the two previous tokens is that the market capitalization value of ETC has reached almost US$ 14 billion
to 4; there Dogecoin has soared almost 100% in the last seven days ahead of Tesla boss Elon Musk's appearance on Saturday Night Live (SNL)
to 5; there is a QTUM coin that shot up 69%. When compared to TEL and BCD, QTUM's market capitalization value is still larger because it almost reaches US$ 2.5 billion
velosepur

Activity: 1106
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 15, 2021, 04:32:40 PM

Among eth and bnb I am focused on few coins which have real product. They are Axis, Wpp , Foobee, Socialnft and one more I am checking details. best way is dyor before long term investment.
gurunanakji777

Activity: 2086

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
September 15, 2021, 05:17:16 PM

The example you gave to prove your point is not right. It's not like with every potential coin but it's hard to predict the coin we hold will have good value after 5 years or will lose its value. Not only top 5 coins are good but there are many other good coins that are booming in the current market. I think hardly 1% of investors hold to the same coin for 5 years but it is possible with Btc holding as BTC is the most trusted in the crypto market.

xzone
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1482

View Profile
September 15, 2021, 05:37:40 PM

The example you gave to prove your point is not right. It's not like with every potential coin but it's hard to predict the coin we hold will have good value after 5 years or will lose its value. Not only top 5 coins are good but there are many other good coins that are booming in the current market. I think hardly 1% of investors hold to the same coin for 5 years but it is possible with Btc holding as BTC is the most trusted in the crypto market.

Traders do not hold the same coin for a long time anyway. 5 years is not a very long time, but a lot can change in 5 years. A coin that is one of the top 3 coins can be completely trash, or a coin with no expectations can go very high, no one knows. This is one of the reasons why cryptocurrencies are so exciting Smiley
Bitcoin and Ethereum are coins that should be in everyone's portfolio. All of the people who invested 5 years ago preferred these coins anyway Cheesy

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
cryp24x

Activity: 1190
Merit: 253

View Profile
September 15, 2021, 05:59:55 PM

we keep the coins at least 5 years , but its too long imagination.  you can proof it. 2018 early NEM coin was top 6 Marketcap now 56. so keeping its useless. we have to updated everytime and get the action the correct time and exit.

Now i think bear market is going on , so holding for 4,5 years just a imagination. specially i have to say that TOP 5 coins , we must keep  most probebly they will surpass the All time high again.

Well, that's the cycle of cryptocurrency here in this industry. Besides, in my own opinion 5 years its too long for me to be honest only.
1 or 2 years for me is very long term to hold. But of course, it is still in our hand if were gonna earn a lot in the future depending in the coins that we are going hold. Even the coins is not in the list of top 5 I think there are other coins remain good to hold in the long term.
ReiMomo

Activity: 2366
Merit: 305

Duelbits - $100k Bonus/week

View Profile
September 15, 2021, 07:08:51 PM

Long term investment is always beneficiary. It might be in a bank or in crypto currency. But yes seeing Bitcoin's growth, with more confidence, we can invest in it and hold it for minimum 3 years or 5 years. It might be on any best coin. Banks do give around 6 to 7% interest for saving money for 3 years. Whereas, when the same amount is invested in crypto, double the profit is going to happen. 

Duelbits
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
TRY OUR
  NEW  UNIQUE
GAMES!
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DICE 
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████████████████████
███▀▀                     ▀▀███
███    ▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄    ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███   ▀████▀       ▀████▀   ███
███                         ███
███   ▄████▄       ▄████▄   ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███    ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀    ███
███▄▄                     ▄▄███
MINES 
████████████████████████▄▀▄████
██████████████▀▄▄▄▀█████▄▀▄████
████████████▀ █████▄▀████ █████
██████████      █████▄▀▀▄██████
███████▀          ▀████████████
█████▀              ▀██████████
█████                ██████████
████▌                ▐█████████
█████                ██████████
██████▄            ▄███████████
████████▄▄      ▄▄█████████████
PLINKO 
█████████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀█████████
██████▀  ▄▄███ ███      ▀██████
█████  ▄▀▀                █████
████  ▀                    ████
████                       ████
█████                     █████
██████▄                 ▄██████
█████████▄▄▄       ▄▄▄█████████
10,000x
MULTIPLIER
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
chichigirl

Activity: 588
Merit: 251

HELENA

View Profile
September 15, 2021, 11:04:54 PM

I believe in long term investment but in a very popular coin like bitcoin and etherium. When i invested more way back few years ago, i believe that i am totally rich right now but the sad thing is, i did not believe in long term investment few years ago... that is why, i am not rich until now and just the same few years ago. Maybe, my status already change if i did an ivestment right.

THE BEST IN SPACE
AUTO-COMPOUNDING DEFI 3.0
PROTOCOL ON BSC
▀█▄▄▄                                                                      ▄▄▄█▀
▀██
████▄▄▄                                                          ▄▄▄██████▀
▀▀███
██████▄▄▄                                              ▄▄▄█████████▀▀
▀▀████
████████▄▄▄                                ▄▄▄████████████▀▀
▀████████████████▄ ▄▄                  ▄▄ ▄████████████████▀
████████████████████▄▄          ▄▄████████████████████
▀█████████████████████        █████████████████████▀
▀████
███████████████▌      ▐███████████████
████▀
▀▀█████████
██████████████████
█████████▀▀
▀████████████████████████████████▀

▀███████████████████████████▀

▀██
█████ ███    ███ ███████▀
▀▀███   ██    ██   ███▀▀
5 0 1 , 6 5 2 %   A P Y
|    TWITTER    |   TELEGRAM   |    DISCORD    |
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
JOIN NOW
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
seramania

Activity: 827

View Profile
September 15, 2021, 11:11:08 PM

I think it's too risky to hold on for 4-5 years. but I think it can be done as long as the person is patient. because what is needed now is patience in holding long-term and ready to take any risks.

|   Facebook   |     Twitter     |                                       R A N G E R S                                       |    Discord    |    Medium    |
|    Telegram   |                                        ─────     PROTOCOL     ─────                                        |    Gitbook    |
████  ███  ██  █          VIRTUAL WORLDS BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE          █  ██  ███  ████
milewilda
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1127

View Profile
September 15, 2021, 11:27:21 PM

I think it's too risky to hold on for 4-5 years. but I think it can be done as long as the person is patient. because what is needed now is patience in holding long-term and ready to take any risks.
Depends on the coins you've been holding but it cant really be resisted that there are times which we do really like to sell off our holdings specially if we do see the price had really reach out all time highs.
Try to compared off those people who had been holding bitcoin and on the time that it did break that 20k previous ATH then for sure lots of people had sell off their holdings but what matters here is that
you do able to accumulate while its still cheap and able to sell out if it do ever reach another all time high.Its not already talking about holding but rather actively trading.
5 years is indeed long but there are people who had reached out this duration.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: