Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 07:28:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What are some impediments to Bitcoin's continued growth  (Read 197 times)
clippers
Copper Member

Activity: 84
Merit: 15

View Profile
May 27, 2021, 08:41:37 AM

Personally, the biggest obstacle to rising Bitcoin prices I can think of right now may be Ethereum. At present, more and more applications are deployed on Ethereum. The rapid development of DEX represented by Uniswap has promoted the rapid development of Ethereum. In comparison, Bitcoin's blockchain does not have such a variety of application functions, and I will not be surprised if the market value of Ethereum exceeds that of Bitcoin one day.

In fact, the solution to this problem is to connect the public chains of Bitcoin and Ethereum. This is what Gavinwood is trying to accomplish.
ILuckyGuyI

Activity: 2100
Merit: 454

View Profile
May 27, 2021, 08:44:56 AM

For Bitcoin to continue its growth, I think that the most important thing is demand. Governments can continue to regulate it and even ban it. But as long as the demand from the people don't end, Bitcoin will continue to be bigger and bigger.

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
███████████▀▌▄▀██████████
███████▄▄███████▄▄███████
██████▄███▀▀██▀██████████
█████████▌█████████▌█████
█████████▌█████████▌█████
██████████▄███▄███▀██████
████████████████▀▀███████
███████████▀▀▀███████████
█████████████████████████
▀█████▀▀████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
Available in
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 3838

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
May 27, 2021, 08:58:05 AM

This is debatable. But I guess it's pretty safe to assume that the technician/contributors of the Bitcoin are more far-oriented toward the technical advancements in contrast to UI/UX, given the nature of the Bitcoin core contributors or the community majority are coming from the tech-savvy background.
Yep. The UI/UX improvements job is more on the wallets and layer-2 side rather than the Bitcoin core side. Both parties are doing really important stuff, but in different sectors.

The security and self-custody part made me think that it is related to the whole fully internet space in general. People are using identical passwords across many platforms rather than using any password manager. Not to mention, that a humongous data-gatherers platform is leading in many ways. As a result, people are getting used to using their platforms then didn't blink an eye to adapt or use other privacy or security-oriented platforms. The ignorance part also has a play in part of the migration process tho.
Pretty much. Having all people having to self-custody through private key backups is mostly going to be disastrous. I think it's either some clever developer is going to find an easier way of having backups without sacrificing security, or people simply need to slowly adapt and learn about security.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████