Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 06:32:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Official FutureBit Apollo BTC Software/Image and Support thread  (Read 39167 times)
SpeedForceGN

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 03, 2022, 06:57:13 PM

Hey guys….just wanted to follow-up on Stratum V2 - is that being developed for any other reason than asicboost or auto-tuning? Braiins OS? What does that pipeline timeline look like?

Anyone care to take a stab at this? @jstefanop?

We are focused on direct solo mining, and expansion of apps included by default in the FutureBit OS right now (block explores, LND, wallets etc). Well probably work on startum v2 stuff after these are launched.

Thank you Futurebit for delivering what you promised.

https://ibb.co/6PQnFcG

https://ibb.co/B41NMVc

Cant wait to see what developments are in the works!

And thank you for supporting us which is allowing us to deliver what we promised!

Can you please give an ETA?  I love my Apollo

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fvineyard

Activity: 135
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 03, 2022, 11:46:15 PM

I have a question about the full units and temperature for the CPU. I recently got my 2nd full unit, and I noticed the CPU temps are quite a bit higher than on my first full unit. Temps on the first fluctuate between 55C to 60C mining on Turbo mode and running the node. For my second full unit temps were originally 85C when running both and 75C when mining only. I discovered the CPU fan was warped like the screws had been tightened too much, but it could have been from the heat. Rotated it by 90 degrees and tightened the screws just enough to remove the warping. That helped and dropped temps a bit. Next, I replaced the fan, and that seemed to resolve the issue initially, but overnight temps are back to the 75C range.

Curious if anyone has suggestions on what to check next as I would prefer to have the CPU in the 55C to 60C range if possible. I have not looked yet to see how the heatsink is attached. I also have a small blower style fan that I might try to fit and position to blow over the heatsink and remove the regular 2507 fan. That would increase the airflow but not sure it would help without a shroud of some type to direct the airflow.

Maybe I just need to reach out to support?

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

an0nymousmade

Activity: 6

View Profile
March 04, 2022, 11:37:47 AM

Hey guys newbie question. I have 2 full systems, only one running. If I open the second one should I just connect the miner without the power supply to the existing miner using micro usb ? Also if I cant run 2 nodes willl the miner set himself as mining only or I need to stop the node setting inside the Dashboard ? Thank you!
heslo

Activity: 1160
Merit: 943

View Profile
March 04, 2022, 12:35:08 PM

Came across this today...

ronindojo.io

Looks really fucking good and I assume this is what you have planned for the Apollo? I'd love if you could give us an update on this new software or possibly even introduce a beta for those more advanced users who want to fiddle a little?
Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
March 04, 2022, 03:59:21 PM
Merited by philipma1957 (2)

Hey guys newbie question. I have 2 full systems, only one running. If I open the second one should I just connect the miner without the power supply to the existing miner using micro usb ? Also if I cant run 2 nodes willl the miner set himself as mining only or I need to stop the node setting inside the Dashboard ? Thank you!

You need a power supply for the second unit. But then you can connect it it with the USB cable to the first unit.

I would remove the SSD from the second unit as you don't need two nodes running.

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
primaris

Activity: 16
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 04, 2022, 04:39:45 PM

Hi guys,

Given the limited hard drive for the node that comes inside the Futurebit Apollo BTC, I am thinking of increasing the hard drive; I think that keeping nodes running indefinitely is important because if each of us did this, it would keep the network strong and decentralized, but I am not sure exactly how to approach it. Can I simply attach an external SDD drive to it via its USB ports, or must I figure out how to install a larger internal hard drive?

Thanks! 

If you have a "Batch 3" unit, the 1TB SSD is currently less than half full, so it's good for a quite some time.

If you have an older unit with the (now) nearly full 500GB SSD, just buy a 1TB NVMe SSD, shut down and power off, replace the 500GB SSD (it's obvious when you turn the unit over), and fire it all up again. It will take a couple days to sync again of course.

Thank you!
jstefanop (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2090
Merit: 1395

View Profile
March 04, 2022, 08:51:42 PM

You need a power supply for the second unit. But then you can connect it it with the USB cable to the first unit.

I would remove the SSD from the second unit as you don't need two nodes running.

You can't connect two full node systems to each other. Each full node system controls its own hashboard, so if you try to connect it via USB to another one that's going to cause issues. You either run both of them separate, or you gut one and turn it into a "standard" unit. But that is a waste of $300.

Project Apollo: A Pod Miner Designed for the Home https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4974036
FutureBit Moonlander 2 USB Scrypt Stick Miner: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2125643.0
thak777

Activity: 14
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 04, 2022, 11:55:30 PM

Known Issues

Q: I have a full package unit and one or more standard units. Some Standard units show 0 hashrate or dont start hashing right away
A: USB Driver is a bit finicky for the USB controller on the hashboard. It can take several minutes for the controller to establish a good connection to the Standard unit and start hashing, so please wait 10-15 minutes and it should start up on its own. If you keep pressing restart the software won't have time to properly start up the hashboards.

I bought two "sets" of Full & Standard: each hosted at different locations. I have different problems with each of the two sets:

Set 1:
- The ASIC on the Full unit is running fine.
- Can't see the Standard ASIC. lsusb doesn't show the Standard device attached at all, even after replacing the USB cable multiple times.
- Node is running, but only shows 10/32 connections. I'm assuming that's because I already have another node running on a "real" machine on my network that's stealing the inbound connections. (This is not a big deal, I'd just like to confirm that's what's going on.)

Set 2:
- Both hashboards work great and even hash slightly faster than advertised! (Yay!)
- NVMe drive is not detected, even after removing & reseating the drive, so I can't run the node.

TL;DR: I've basically got two out of 4 devices working correctly.

I'll probably mix and match all of the devices to see if it's the USB port on the Full, but regardless, this does not give me a lot of hope in FutureBit's quality control. These boxes look really nice, but they are not robust in the least. Over the years, I've been shipped multiple Bitmain ASICs badly packed in boxes that look like they've been catapulted across the country...and every one of them has run full-bore out of the box. They're basically bulletproof. I want to support USA built products, but it looks like FutureBit has a ways to go to get to that level of reliability.

Any additional thoughts or suggestions would be much appreciated.
fvineyard

Activity: 135
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 05, 2022, 03:51:55 AM

In case others need info on the expected CPU temperature, I reached out to support. The answer was 75C to 80C is normal for the CPU when under load.
an0nymousmade

Activity: 6

View Profile
March 05, 2022, 04:23:45 AM

You can't connect two full node systems to each other. Each full node system controls its own hashboard, so if you try to connect it via USB to another one that's going to cause issues. You either run both of them separate, or you gut one and turn it into a "standard" unit. But that is a waste of $300.

Great! So running them separate but on the same network wont cause any issues right ?
Thanks
Acktarius

Activity: 5

View Profile
March 05, 2022, 02:41:39 PM

So good news is that I was able to get my BITCOIN NODE connected to my Ledger Live account.  It was a little tedious, but I got it figured out.  Wish me luck that it stays connected and up and running.

Next task is that I need to set up my LIGHTNING NETWORK. I think that I am going to try C-Lightning.  From what I have found, this seem to be the best choice.  (Any help on this would be greatly appreciated).

what's the benefit of connecting your node to your ledger?  just curious. 

All bitcoin transactions go from your node to you wallet and do not pass through LEDGER SERVERS

If that can help I wrote a tuto on how to connect Ledger to futureBit Node :
https://xchapscom.wordpress.com/2022/03/01/connect-ledger-live-to-futurebit-apollo-btc-node/
any comments are welcomed
heslo

View Profile
March 05, 2022, 09:26:00 PM
Last edit: March 05, 2022, 11:10:02 PM by heslo

So good news is that I was able to get my BITCOIN NODE connected to my Ledger Live account.  It was a little tedious, but I got it figured out.  Wish me luck that it stays connected and up and running.

Next task is that I need to set up my LIGHTNING NETWORK. I think that I am going to try C-Lightning.  From what I have found, this seem to be the best choice.  (Any help on this would be greatly appreciated).

what's the benefit of connecting your node to your ledger?  just curious.  

All bitcoin transactions go from your node to you wallet and do not pass through LEDGER SERVERS

If that can help I wrote a tuto on how to connect Ledger to futureBit Node :
https://xchapscom.wordpress.com/2022/03/01/connect-ledger-live-to-futurebit-apollo-btc-node/
any comments are welcomed

That's very handy, thank you. I assume similar processes work for Trezor? And to allow all addresses on my network to access the node while running the Ledger/Trezor software, can I use rpcallowip=0.0.0.0/0?
devincrypt

Activity: 62

View Profile
March 05, 2022, 10:21:22 PM

Staying on topic I have a full + 2 slave units. I've read various posts about running other apps on the full system but I haven't come across any mention of running something like cpuminer at the same time as the miners are running. I'd simply like to utilize unused cpu power even if it's for a tiny amount of mining results. Please don't be rude and ask why I would want to - if you can't provide an answer I'd prefer you don't bother to give a non-answer!

Does anyone know if this is possible?

Thanks in advance!
Acktarius

Activity: 5

View Profile
March 06, 2022, 02:17:31 PM

That's very handy, thank you. I assume similar processes work for Trezor? And to allow all addresses on my network to access the node while running the Ledger/Trezor software, can I use rpcallowip=0.0.0.0/0?

Actually I came to that solution using information I found to connect Trezor so it should work.

As I wanted to allow access from more devices on my network, I tried "rpcallowip=192.168.1.YYY/ZZZ" it didn't work for me... But you can give it a try
heslo

View Profile
March 06, 2022, 05:07:26 PM

Actually I came to that solution using information I found to connect Trezor so it should work.

As I wanted to allow access from more devices on my network, I tried "rpcallowip=192.168.1.YYY/ZZZ" it didn't work for me... But you can give it a try

I'll give it a try over the next few days and report back Smiley
Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
March 06, 2022, 08:17:23 PM
Last edit: March 06, 2022, 10:59:35 PM by Biffa

Good to know, thanks. I've only got the one full unit myself. But makes sense that the standard one is doesn't have the hashboard.

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
thak777

Activity: 14

View Profile
March 06, 2022, 09:57:43 PM

Known Issues

Q: I have a full package unit and one or more standard units. Some Standard units show 0 hashrate or dont start hashing right away
A: USB Driver is a bit finicky for the USB controller on the hashboard. It can take several minutes for the controller to establish a good connection to the Standard unit and start hashing, so please wait 10-15 minutes and it should start up on its own. If you keep pressing restart the software won't have time to properly start up the hashboards.

I bought two "sets" of Full & Standard: each hosted at different locations. I have different problems with each of the two sets:

Set 1:
- The ASIC on the Full unit is running fine.
- Can't see the Standard ASIC. lsusb doesn't show the Standard device attached at all, even after replacing the USB cable multiple times.
- Node is running, but only shows 10/32 connections. I'm assuming that's because I already have another node running on a "real" machine on my network that's stealing the inbound connections. (This is not a big deal, I'd just like to confirm that's what's going on.)

Set 2:
- Both hashboards work great and even hash slightly faster than advertised! (Yay!)
- NVMe drive is not detected, even after removing & reseating the drive, so I can't run the node.

TL;DR: I've basically got two out of 4 devices working correctly.

I'll probably mix and match all of the devices to see if it's the USB port on the Full, but regardless, this does not give me a lot of hope in FutureBit's quality control. These boxes look really nice, but they are not robust in the least. Over the years, I've been shipped multiple Bitmain ASICs badly packed in boxes that look like they've been catapulted across the country...and every one of them has run full-bore out of the box. They're basically bulletproof. I want to support USA built products, but it looks like FutureBit has a ways to go to get to that level of reliability.

Any additional thoughts or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Update: I've determined that the non-SS USB port on my Full unit in Set 1 is not working, which could have been why the board wasn't coming up this last week. I put a USB hub on one of the SS ports to connect my keyboard and mouse and plugged the Standard into one of the SS ports. It's still not coming up, in spite of the fact that it's showing a solid red LED. The Full continues to hash away with no problems.
SpeedForceGN

Activity: 59

View Profile
March 07, 2022, 12:15:01 AM

Wonder if anyone has determined the best payout/mining method.  Do you make more mining in a Pool or Solo? Please share your experiences.
heslo

View Profile
March 07, 2022, 01:17:38 AM

Wonder if anyone has determined the best payout/mining method.  Do you make more mining in a Pool or Solo? Please share your experiences.

You'll have to be bloody lucky to hit a solo block; best chance of any return is a pool
mutatrum

Activity: 7

View Profile
March 07, 2022, 11:52:48 AM

Wonder if anyone has determined the best payout/mining method.  Do you make more mining in a Pool or Solo? Please share your experiences.
With Slushpool, I set the payout to daily. It will payout as soon as it hits 0.01, no payout fee. I've been mining for 5 months now and close to my first payout. This is with 3 units on max.
Pages: « 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 »
  Print  

Jump to: