Bitcoin Forum
August 16, 2024, 09:18:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 [120]
  Print  
Author Topic: Official FutureBit Apollo II/BTC Software/Image and Support thread  (Read 43181 times)
azereki

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 11, 2024, 08:48:00 PM

Does anyone know the steps for generating a Bolt12 offer on the Apollo II full node, is it possible to do so?
crypto_curious

Activity: 931
Merit: 175

View Profile
August 12, 2024, 08:11:03 PM
Last edit: August 12, 2024, 09:05:04 PM by crypto_curious

Futurebit team has confirmed on e-mail:

Hi the USB version is designed to be shutdown via the power switch. If you are using another computer and not an apollo there is no way to shut it down via USB as this functionality is only possible with the full node unit.
Hi standard units controlled with a third part pc can only be shutdown with the power switch in the back.

FutureBit Team
hello@futurebit.io

Had I known this, I would never buy this device. Now, I have to use 24/7 or not at all. Cannot temperature or time control it. Once internet goes down or want it to idle, it just continues to burn full power forever.

It's an issue with USB reset on windows devices for the new Apollo. Have not been able to do much testing on windows but if there are apps or a "reset" command you can send over the COM port it should turn it off.

Other option is to use a smart plug and shut it on/off that way if you cant physically access it.

Thanks for your reply!
I don't use Windows at all. I obtained Linux binaries from your unreleased github tree. I am still waiting for support on e-mail to come back to me, it's been very slow. They confirmed that, quote:
Hi this functionality is only available on linux systems due to a driver change windows made for USB devices.

You can try powering it down by making a seperate power off bat file and only have this flag after the binary executable:  -comport COM4 -brd_pwr_off_all

FutureBit Team
hello@futurebit.io

However, binary I have here on Linux from your github doesn't recognize this -brd_pwr_off_all. Can you tell me if I am ok on Linux, and eventually you will be able to give me proper binary with this functionality, or all hope is lost?
Wolf_schiesst

Activity: 5

View Profile
August 13, 2024, 08:51:28 AM

I have configured my Apollo BTC miner (firmware v2.0.5) for solo mining with the new easy GUI function. So I just had to enter my personal BTC wallet address and nothing more. My intention was to have my miner running directly attached on my local node.

Configuration: SOLO settings > Mine directly to your Bitcoin node > activated "SOLO Mining mode" and added my "Wallet address".

However, when I click in the GUI on "Solo mining", I get this message: "CK Pool Disconnected! Please check your node connection and the CK Pool status."

Is this message normal and can be ignored? Or do I still have to connect to ck pool?

PS: Can anyone please provide a reply on my question above regarding the update of the pending Ubuntu packages? I would highly appreciate any help, too
TIRMINE

Activity: 109
Merit: 4

View Profile
August 13, 2024, 02:59:47 PM

I have configured my Apollo BTC miner (firmware v2.0.5) for solo mining with the new easy GUI function. So I just had to enter my personal BTC wallet address and nothing more. My intention was to have my miner running directly attached on my local node.

Configuration: SOLO settings > Mine directly to your Bitcoin node > activated "SOLO Mining mode" and added my "Wallet address".

However, when I click in the GUI on "Solo mining", I get this message: "CK Pool Disconnected! Please check your node connection and the CK Pool status."

Is this message normal and can be ignored? Or do I still have to connect to ck pool?

PS: Can anyone please provide a reply on my question above regarding the update of the pending Ubuntu packages? I would highly appreciate any help, too

Are you fully synced?  You need to fully sync the node before you can solo mine on the apollo
Wolf_schiesst

View Profile
August 13, 2024, 03:12:36 PM

Are you fully synced?  You need to fully sync the node before you can solo mine on the apollo

Yes, I am.
johnstewart

Activity: 31
Merit: 4

View Profile
August 13, 2024, 09:08:05 PM

So my apollo 2 with the first MCU doesn’t work properly anymore. It was working like a charm until now.
Tried multiple reflash ( beta version , current ect )  … : it starts show up in the network access to the dashboard and start mining properly, node is synchronizing and then few minutes later disappear from the network seems to mine but in nowhere ??
It seems there is some network issues or something like that ? Like a firewall on the Apollo os ?

kimjpeck

Activity: 8

View Profile
August 14, 2024, 07:06:41 PM

Hi,

I have just received a Apollo 2 BTC and have a quick question regarding solo mining.

When setting up Solo mining ... can you mine directly to a Hardware wallet receive address i.e. Tangem?

Thank you in advance.
kawshon

Activity: 1

View Profile
August 14, 2024, 11:27:54 PM

I just got an Apollo II and it will connect over ethernet, but when I try to connect to my wifi it keeps giving me the same error  - 'secrets were required but not provided'.  I have never seen an error like that before and am not sure what to do. I know I've put in the right password for the wifi.  Any insight from anyone on how to navigate this error?

I am having this same issue.  I am guessing that there may be a glitch in the OS that needs to be resolved.  Until then, I will stay connected via Ethernet. 

Sounds like the same issue/symptoms I'm having; I just received my Appollo II yesterday and somehow I was able to connect via WiFi with mixed 2.4/5GHz and staid connected for ~12 hrs. When I woke up today still connected and decided to change another setting requiring restart and was not able to connect to WiFi. I worked with my ISP to troubleshoot to no avail and when reaching out to FutureBit received the following clarification: "...the wifi controller on the Apollo can only handle separate 2.4GHZ networks with WPA2 only encryption. If it’s a mix mode SSID or WPA3 encryption it probably wont work and will need a seperate network to connect too."
in2tactics

Activity: 580
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 15, 2024, 07:44:48 AM

What is the max safe miner temp for the Apollo II?

Current HW: 2x Apollo, 2x Apollo BTC, 2x Apollo II
Retired HW: 3x 2PAC, 3x Moonlander 2, 2x AntMiner S7-LN, 5x AntMiner U1, 2x ASICMiner Block Erupter Cube, 4x AntMiner S3, 4x AntMiner S1, GAW Black Widow, and ZeusMiner Thunder X6
Wolf_schiesst

View Profile
August 15, 2024, 08:06:05 AM

Funny, but after a system reboot, It works now as intended and shows the miner working on my local node.
crypto_curious

Activity: 931
Merit: 175

View Profile
August 15, 2024, 08:52:11 AM

So my apollo 2 with the first MCU doesn’t work properly anymore. It was working like a charm until now.
Tried multiple reflash ( beta version , current ect )  … : it starts show up in the network access to the dashboard and start mining properly, node is synchronizing and then few minutes later disappear from the network seems to mine but in nowhere ??
It seems there is some network issues or something like that ? Like a firewall on the Apollo os ?

No, Apollo doesn't have any firewall or anything which would prevent you from accessing. Issue must be somewhere else, miner or SD card is dying, for example.
Try connecting keyboard mouse and monitor, with
Code:
sudo dmesg -w
output in the terminal, to watch what happens when miner go offline.
PennyBit

Activity: 8

View Profile
August 15, 2024, 12:43:33 PM

As with most of my miners and other computer related circuit boards, my personal experience has shown the upper limits to be an average of 74c. Anything higher and I start seeing erratic behavior including lock-ups and shutdowns. Operating higher than 74c-75c and you run the risk of damaging your equipment or at the very least shortening it's lifespan considerably. My personal preference is to keep everything in the range of 67c-72c with short term spike limits of 73c. This works for me.
shaotai

Activity: 3
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 15, 2024, 08:23:19 PM

What are you all using to monitor your solo node?  I've been keeping the stats page up via web GUI, but with the frequent SQL crashes, I end up rebooting every other day.
If the SQL bug doesn't actually take the node down, I don't mind leaving it that way but wasn't sure what else I could to do see that it's up and running.
in2tactics

Activity: 580
Merit: 501

View Profile
Today at 06:47:39 AM

As with most of my miners and other computer related circuit boards, my personal experience has shown the upper limits to be an average of 74c. Anything higher and I start seeing erratic behavior including lock-ups and shutdowns. Operating higher than 74c-75c and you run the risk of damaging your equipment or at the very least shortening it's lifespan considerably. My personal preference is to keep everything in the range of 67c-72c with short term spike limits of 73c. This works for me.
I appreciate the input. I understand this works for you, but it doesn't actually tell me the specifics of the PCB max or Chip max temp, which I'd like to know. You must understand that 73 is quite cool for some silicon, such as current AMD processors (95) and most ASICs, and frequently ASICs go much higher than general purpose CPUs.

BITMAIN publishes data for their miners showing PCB max values in a range from 75 to 95, with Chip max values up to 135.
https://support.bitmain.com/hc/en-us/articles/360005088914-Miner-Normal-Operating-Temperature-Range

Current HW: 2x Apollo, 2x Apollo BTC, 2x Apollo II
Retired HW: 3x 2PAC, 3x Moonlander 2, 2x AntMiner S7-LN, 5x AntMiner U1, 2x ASICMiner Block Erupter Cube, 4x AntMiner S3, 4x AntMiner S1, GAW Black Widow, and ZeusMiner Thunder X6
Pages: « 1 ... 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 [120]
  Print  

Jump to: