Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 09:51:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto vs Fiat  (Read 1213 times)
AndySt
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1012

View Profile
June 05, 2021, 11:58:47 PM

I do not need to compare crypto and fiat because crypto and fiat have different purposes. For me, crypto is a new investment and could be used to pay for something in the store. Fiat is a currency that I still used daily, and fiat can not be my investment. Gold will be like crypto and it can be an investment, but the gold price will not move too volatile. We all use crypto and fiat both in our lives, and until crypto can be used to pay or buy something in real life, we can use crypto for the investment.
people will always compare crypto and fiat, but let's admit the fact that most of us are still relying on fiat and that will not change anytime soon. up until now, only small population are into crypto, though adoption is increasing day by day. for those crypto users, just be grateful that you are oriented in this technology, and that you may find benefits to your advantage. but don't expect that everyone you know of will be in favour of using crypto or investing in crypto.
the volatility is the reason why many of us like bitcoin or other alts to be included in our investments, however, because of such feature, we can also lose big time if we are not careful with the market.
You correctly said about a small part of the population that uses cryptocurrency. Exactly the same can be said about the same small part of the population that will compare the fiat currency and cryptocurrency. This is a fairly popular topic, but only in strictly defined circles, and the ordinary population does not have such a comparison problem. People in any case, even in the near future, even in the distant future, will still rely on fiat currencies simply due to the fact that the states will prescribe to do this and put the main emphasis on it, even in the field of economic management, even in the field of public administration. Here, the sphere of investment or use as a speculative asset is a completely different story, here the state and citizens have a very good platform for cooperation.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Dr.Osh
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1004

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
June 06, 2021, 05:51:15 AM

Well, what I understand is that the longer it takes, the more expensive the price of a valuable investment, therefore, we need to be patient if we invest in something that people think will develop in the future at this time. well, so far, I'm also still trying to collect and hold crypto assets that I think will have great potential in the future. however, a very real picture is also of bitcoin, or any other popular altcoin.

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
Rajamuda

Activity: 924
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 06, 2021, 09:58:41 AM

About this I want to say that it will continue to coexist for a long time, the opportunity is still wide open also a good opportunity will still happen.
However, basically this is like the progress of human economic life, especially in terms of income, this could be the bright side of getting a good chance.
I just hope that more people will continue to believe in crypto until it becomes more popular in life.
Wawa2013

Activity: 1666
Merit: 267

View Profile
June 06, 2021, 10:20:19 AM

Well, what I understand is that the longer it takes, the more expensive the price of a valuable investment, therefore, we need to be patient if we invest in something that people think will develop in the future at this time. well, so far, I'm also still trying to collect and hold crypto assets that I think will have great potential in the future. however, a very real picture is also of bitcoin, or any other popular altcoin.

Your thinking is correct, because to be able to generate large profits if we hold crypto in the long term. The longer we HODL, the higher the profit
we make, because as we all know the development of crypto is very fast. And if we choose Bitcoin and popular altcoins the price will be more expensive
the longer we HODL,  then from that we really have to believe in the future of crypto. If we talk about fiat, we know that its value will decrease
if we HODL, so fiat is only worth using as payment. But it is not recommended that we store wealth in fiat, if we do not want its value to decrease.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
▀██████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
Metavault.Trade
████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████████████████████████████████████████
NEXT GENERATION PERPETUAL DEX WITH
ZERO SLIPPAGE SWAPS & UP TO 30X LEVERAGE

██████████████████████████████████████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████████
Faster, Safer, Smarter!
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ██   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
TWITTER  |  DISCORD  |  TELEGRAM  |  MEDIUM  |  GITHUB
Silberman
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1322

View Profile
June 06, 2021, 05:26:32 PM

I do not need to compare crypto and fiat because crypto and fiat have different purposes. For me, crypto is a new investment and could be used to pay for something in the store. Fiat is a currency that I still used daily, and fiat can not be my investment. Gold will be like crypto and it can be an investment, but the gold price will not move too volatile. We all use crypto and fiat both in our lives, and until crypto can be used to pay or buy something in real life, we can use crypto for the investment.
I disagree with the bold part, everything is an investment since you are putting your time and efforts and holding them in the form of fiat, with this anyone that is holding a great deal of their wealth in fiat is basically saying they trust the way the government are managing their fiat currencies, since I do not trust them especially since the have printed so much money during the last year I prefer to have as little fiat as possible so in the case of an economic crisis I will not be affected as much compared to those that hold most of their wealth in fiat.
SquallLeonhart
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1101

View Profile
June 06, 2021, 06:05:44 PM

I live in a country with inflation, all my income is obtained in bitcoin and cryptocurrencies. I prefer to only make use of them to spend on my daily needs, while my savings in crypto are destined for a long time. This is my life in crypto, I love this life and it is the one I want my family to take as an example.
I think that Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies are here to stay that there will be no one who can take it out of our lives.
The best of Bitcoin is yet to come.
I am in the same exact situation, I make my money from the crypto world and then I try to keep as much of my money as possible in crypto, I turn the rest into fiat and then spend it for my livelihood, otherwise I wouldn't be capable of spending anything, I would be doing bad, however now I am doing better and that is a good thing for me because otherwise I wouldn't know what to do with my nations fiat, I can't even think about how horrible it would be to work for fiat, I have friends who do and every year they are a bit poorer and poorer and they are doing bad, which is why I am trying to make as much profit as possible from crypto since there is at least a chance for me to make more profit each year to cover that inflation, it is hard and usually I do not make that much more, but at least I am not making the same amount of money neither.
molsewid

Activity: 2170
Merit: 530

View Profile
June 07, 2021, 02:36:51 PM

I live in a country with inflation, all my income is obtained in bitcoin and cryptocurrencies. I prefer to only make use of them to spend on my daily needs, while my savings in crypto are destined for a long time. This is my life in crypto, I love this life and it is the one I want my family to take as an example.
I think that Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies are here to stay that there will be no one who can take it out of our lives.
The best of Bitcoin is yet to come.

I am now currently jobless and same with you mate all my income today is obtained by my crypto related job. I maybe jobless today but I didn't complain about it. I love the way of life I have right now, no mandatory 8 hrs office works, don't need to set my alarm at early in the morning to prepare to go to work but sometimes i come to bed late because of some pending works, i control and hold my time and I felt that doing this crypto thing for me is not boring, i learn everyday and I improve myself. At the end of the day I just can't compare the worth of fiat and crypto coz for me these things is equally valuable but what i have enjoy today is the freedom to do what I like while earning.
perfect999

Activity: 1582
Merit: 299

View Profile
June 07, 2021, 04:19:23 PM

About this I want to say that it will continue to coexist for a long time, the opportunity is still wide open also a good opportunity will still happen.
However, basically this is like the progress of human economic life, especially in terms of income, this could be the bright side of getting a good chance.
I just hope that more people will continue to believe in crypto until it becomes more popular in life.
It's already very popular just the ability to purchase products via bitcoins is lacking and it might be because of the confirmation and other problems. Hopefully, a wallet-integrated service something as PayPal can achieve bitcoin transactions through an already refilled wallet like bitrefill does. There are some services like bitpay but there are not complete because even there confirmations are required which kills the fun of spending crypto.

Fiat right now is more popular because there are ways of spending it. Once there are merchants who accept and transact in bitcoins or crypto for that matter, I am sure crypto will overshadow fiat transactions very quickly.
QuickAccount

Activity: 189
Merit: 52

In a world of coins, use them.

View Profile
June 07, 2021, 05:22:16 PM

I don't think BTC is going to replace money anytime soon, but I do think that BTC will be more widely accepted in the future. But with all of these companies that require so much info on purchase and an ID for alot of wallets, the anonymity of BTC is slowly being removed from most transactions and wallets.

Not your keys, not your coins.
Coroline

Activity: 1092
Merit: 256

View Profile
June 07, 2021, 11:15:05 PM

Cryptocurrency is money insofar as it allows exchange between two parties and acts as a store of value. However, they also offer features that today's traditional money systems cannot offer: cryptocurrencies can be used and accepted by anyone, anywhere, anytime around the world and without the need for a bank or government. This is the most revolutionary aspect of cryptocurrency.

Most of the money the government creates is when loans are taken out. Banks create money when people borrow money. Take the case of the US dollar: if no loans were taken, there would likely be no dollars in circulation either. In other words, without consumers taking debts into the bank, the US dollar would not exist in the world.

While fiat money appears to derive most of its value from debt, this is not the case with Bitcoin. Bitcoin has intrinsic value beyond the belief of its community. Bitcoin does not rely on a debt system, its value boils down to how effective it is as a medium of exchange.
AndySt
Legendary

View Profile
June 07, 2021, 11:25:06 PM
Last edit: June 08, 2021, 12:48:47 AM by AndySt

Cryptocurrency is money insofar as it allows exchange between two parties and acts as a store of value. However, they also offer features that today's traditional money systems cannot offer: cryptocurrencies can be used and accepted by anyone, anywhere, anytime around the world and without the need for a bank or government. This is the most revolutionary aspect of cryptocurrency.
Most of the money the government creates is when loans are taken out. Banks create money when people borrow money. Take the case of the US dollar: if no loans were taken, there would likely be no dollars in circulation either. In other words, without consumers taking debts into the bank, the US dollar would not exist in the world.
While fiat money appears to derive most of its value from debt, this is not the case with Bitcoin. Bitcoin has intrinsic value beyond the belief of its community. Bitcoin does not rely on a debt system, its value boils down to how effective it is as a medium of exchange.
At the moment, bitcoin is a speculative asset and behaves accordingly. The rest of its features and hypostases certainly exist, but so far they do not have a significant impact on the price of bitcoin. And so for now, we can talk about the greater value of bitcoin as a commodity or asset, but not as a means of exchange. The entire modern capitalist economic system is built on the debt system, and if bitcoin does not yet rely on it, then this only indicates a small involvement of bitcoin in the system. That's when, as we all hope, the involvement of bitcoin in the economic system becomes large, then you yourself should understand what will happen next Wink
boumalo
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1018

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2021, 03:58:42 AM

It will be incredible, scary and interesting to see the USD prices going up tens of % a year, people distrusting the USD and moving their reserves in Gold and maybe in Crypto too.

Silberman
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1322

View Profile
June 09, 2021, 02:24:33 PM

It will be incredible, scary and interesting to see the USD prices going up tens of % a year, people distrusting the USD and moving their reserves in Gold and maybe in Crypto too.
And yet governments try to make it seem as if we are the crazy ones because we notice those increases on the price of everything and yet they try to downplay it with their own indicators that say that everything is fine, many people understand that things are getting out of control and there are others that even if they can feel there is something wrong they do not know why that is, which is why it is important to do what we can to protect ourselves and bitcoin is a great way to do this.
iv4n
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1170

View Profile
June 09, 2021, 10:10:08 PM

I don't think BTC is going to replace money anytime soon, but I do think that BTC will be more widely accepted in the future. But with all of these companies that require so much info on purchase and an ID for alot of wallets, the anonymity of BTC is slowly being removed from most transactions and wallets.

I think that Bitcoin can't replace money! What will happen is that the entire cryptosystem will replace the traditional fiat system! Digitalization, it's the future! And crypto can deliver what is impossible for a traditional system, billions of users connected  24/7!

And I don't think it's will be an easy ride! Traditional shareholders will not give up their positions so easily, and people as people have a lot more to learn about centralized and decentralized systems, about how crypto actually works! All this is just the beginning, and I believe that this crazy ride is far from over!

.dice9.win.░░░░▄▄█████▄▄
░░▄████▀▀████▄
░█████▀██▀█████
█████▀█████▀█████
█████▄█████▄█████
████▄▀▀█▀▀▄▄████
░████▄▀█▄█▀▄████
░░▀████▄▄████▀
░░░░▀▀█████▀▀
████
░░░░░░█████████

███████

░░░░▄▄█████▄▄░░█████
░░▄████▀▀████▄
░████▀░░░░▀████
████▄▄█▀█▄▄████
██░░███░░░███░░██
████▀▀█▄█▀▀████
░████▄░░░░▄████
░░▀████▄▄████▀
░░░░▀▀█████▀▀
         ▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄
     ▄▄▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▄
   ▄▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
 ▄▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
▄▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▀▄▀
▀▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▀░▄▀
 ▀▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
   ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▄▄▀▀
        ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
COIN FLIP
       ▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
  ▄▄▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▄▄
█▀▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▀▀░█
█░░░▀▀▀▄▄▄░░░▄▄▄▀▀░░░░░░█
█░░░░░░░░░▀█▀░░░░░░░░░░░█
█░░░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░░░░░░░█
 ▀▀▄▄░░░░░░█░░░░░░░░▄▄▀▀
     ▀▀░░░░▀░░░░░░░▀
DICE
      ▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▄▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀█▄   ▄▄▄▄
█▀▀▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▀▀▀▄█▀▀▀░░░░▀▀▀▀▄▄▄
█░░░░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░▄▀▀▀░█░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▀█
█░░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░█▀▀▀▄█░░░░░░▄▄▄▀▀▀░░░█
█░░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░█░░░░█▀▀▀▄▀▀░░░░░░░░░█
█░░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░█░░░░█░░░█░░░░░░░░░░░█
 ▀▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░░█░░░░█░░░█░░░░░░░░░░░█
   ▀▄▄░░░░█░░░░░░░▄▄▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░░░░█
      ▀░░░░░░░░░▀▀░░░░░░░░▀░░░░░░░░░░░▀
TWO DICE
▄█▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀ ░░░▄▄▄▀▀██▀▀▄▄▄░░░░▀█▄
▄▀▀█▄▄▀▀▀▀░░░▄▀░░▀▄░░░▀▀▀▀▄▄█▀▀▄
▄█▀▀█▀▄ ░░░░░░▄▀░░░░░ ▀▄░░░░░░░▄▀█▀▀█▄
▄▀░░░█░░░▀▄░░░░█░░░░░░░░░ █░░░░▄▀░░░█░░░▀▄
█░░▄▀░░░░░░▀▄▄▀░░░░░░░░░░░ ▀▄▄▀░░░░░░▀▄░░█
█░▄▀░░░░░▄▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄░░░░░▀▄░█
█▀░░▄▄▀▀▀░░ ░▀▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▀ ░░░▀▀▀▄▄░░▀█
▀▄▀▀░░░░░░░   ░░▀▀▀▄░░▄▀▀▀░░      ░░░░▀▀▄▀

ETHEROLL
..PLAY NOW..
PIR

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

CRYPTOBLADES Octoblades 10.10

View Profile
June 10, 2021, 02:05:10 AM

The price value of money changes over the years, back then when you buy something in the grocery with 30-50$ you have many grocery bags to carry but now probably a single bag or a pouch because today price value of money is smaller than before same thing with fiat and crypto with a dozen of money in your bank is just a piece of coin in the crypto bank or market.

CRYPTOBLADES 
|   FACEBOOK   |   REDDIT   |     MEDIUM     |     TWITTER     |    DISCORD    |     TELEGRAM
sr32703

Activity: 560
Merit: 104

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2021, 03:52:23 PM

Without taking any risk you can't be rich, both currencies have positive and negative sides but i go for crypto because if i can invest in good project i will get more profit at a time but fiat can't gibe extra benefits.

buietaw

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 10, 2021, 09:17:06 PM

If you understand this picture, congratulations, if you don’t , then you don’t understand money , no matter how much you have in the bank.
#Bitcoin  is down 4% today. But next few months BTC could pump 400%.  Pump or dump, storing your money in crypto beats saving up in the bank.

Who can guarantee that the bitcoin price will not stay stable below $10k? We believe in blockchain. However, there is no guarantee that a more solution-oriented crypto currency will not emerge after 5 years due to current energy problems.

█ █                 TheFeniks     │    New Fair App                 █ █
|   LightPaper   |      TWITTER     |     BSCSCAN    |
 We are building a completely decentralized, user-oriented, new social platform. We will use the power we get from the community for the community again.  
Kasabus

Activity: 2814
Merit: 576

View Profile
June 10, 2021, 10:53:45 PM

If you understand this picture, congratulations, if you don’t , then you don’t understand money , no matter how much you have in the bank.
#Bitcoin  is down 4% today. But next few months BTC could pump 400%.  Pump or dump, storing your money in crypto beats saving up in the bank.

Who can guarantee that the bitcoin price will not stay stable below $10k? We believe in blockchain. However, there is no guarantee that a more solution-oriented crypto currency will not emerge after 5 years due to current energy problems.
Yes there are really no guarantees in crypto and all those early adopters have come to witnessed that but still they take the risk and end up having economic progress at the present.

Although risky, but bitcoin investment if you can handle the pressures can definitely beat up gold and real estate investment once properly managed. I do not want to discourage people who only prefer gold and real estate investment but if you can try investing in crypto, you would really say bitcoin is amazing and incomparable.

████████████████████████
.SPORTS..
███████▄███▄▄
█████████▀▀████▄▄
▄███▄▄███████▀▀████▄▄
███▀█████▄███████▀▀███▄
████████████▄▄█████████
█████████░▀▀████▄▄████▀
████████████████████
█████████░▄▄████▀▀████▄
████████████▀▀█████████
███▄█████▀███████▄▄███▀
▀███▀▀███████▄▄████▀
█████████▄▄████▀▀
███████▀███▀▀
.bets.io.
████████████████████████
..CASINO..
Rruchi man
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1071

View Profile
June 10, 2021, 10:57:58 PM

no matter how much you have in the bank,
#Bitcoin  is down 4% today. But next few months BTC could pump 400%.  Pump or dump, storing your money in crypto beats saving up in the bank.

Many have lost faith in the banks and our original Fiat because of the government interference and its low interest yielding rate. As a result of this development, any other alternative method that will yield good profit over a reasonable while is a more and most suitable option for store and really sort after. An alternative to original fiat that has good prospects with high volatility and less interference from the government is crypto, hence the bulk of people migrating to join in.

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO   
.. PLAY NOW ..
AndySt
Legendary

View Profile
June 10, 2021, 11:32:06 PM
Last edit: June 11, 2021, 12:17:11 AM by AndySt

no matter how much you have in the bank,
Many have lost faith in the banks and our original Fiat because of the government interference and its low interest yielding rate. As a result of this development, any other alternative method that will yield good profit over a reasonable while is a more and most suitable option for store and really sort after. An alternative to original fiat that has good prospects with high volatility and less interference from the government is crypto, hence the bulk of people migrating to join in.
It is not necessary to engage exclusively in faith in matters of finance, because it will not lead to anything good. If your faith is not supported by knowledge, then usually this can only lead to losses, that is, you can enter the market at the upper levels, and then exit at the lower levels after being disappointed in bitcoin for life. You can not trust modern banks as much as you want, but the banking system has already proven its efficiency and effectiveness and has been functioning for centuries, which can not yet be said about bitcoin, which has yet to win its place under the sun.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: