Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:33:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can Bitcoin truly evolve into super-sovereign currency?  (Read 377 times)
kaggie

Activity: 333
Merit: 506

View Profile
July 30, 2021, 05:00:19 PM

I firmly believe that Bitcoin will truly become a super-sovereign currency in the next ten to twenty years, anchoring the economic and financial order of human society. What do you think?

I'm counting on it.
Countries can't get along on their own. Each country wants to be the top dog, and so they get into all sorts of hubris filled battles that their populaces fear might end in wars by swiping their own nations of resources. War is a battle over resources. Right now, the US is engaged in war in the middle east to maintain the dominance of the petrodollar, which provides resource benefits through the control of energy and the resources that controlling the world's reserve monetary supply brings.

Bitcoin ties us all together across cultures more than anything else. When your economic success in another part
of the world is tied up with my economic success, then we will be less likely to engage in the same negative behaviors.

For humanity to progress, we have to develop a more equitable supernational currency. Bitcoin is the best shot currently.

Bitcoin has a ways to get there before becoming a super-sovereign currency though.
It won't become one as long as there are specific groups that hold more access to the currency
than national powers. If this doesn't change, then national powers will move to other types of
cryptographic currencies -- for those that make this adjustment.

In order for bitcoin to become supernational, the question is:
what mechanisms can or will cause distribution to balance out -- if at all?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RainbowKun (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 154
Merit: 234

View Profile
August 02, 2021, 06:54:16 AM
Merited by The Sceptical Chymist (4)

These are the most basic features of Bitcoin. It owns some characteristics of gold and advantages that gold does not have and is the best choice for super-sovereign currency. Maybe someone would say that the price of Bitcoin is very volatile, not suitable to be the international reserve and settlement currency. As I see it, this counts on the current stage of Bitcoin. It is still in the earliest stage of Bitcoin's development, far from reaching global consensus. In one to two decades, when the price of Bitcoin reaches 1 million or even 10 million dollars, the overall market value of Bitcoin can completely cover the economic behavior of the entire world, then its price will tend to be stable. At that time, a new currency system centered on Bitcoin will be formally established. That is the necessity for human civilization to forge ahead and on one can resist.

I'm interested to discuss this gotten out of your note you have made Grin

So do you think that bitcoin volatility is caused because it is yet to get to it maximum supply? Or that because it is in early stages? Sorry I don't think so. For example with Fiat, you see the banks regulate the financial system through the government issuing policies. You can see that an agency is taking responsibility and controls what happens with Fiat, who gets what against how much you request to withdraw. Banks creates limit to the amount an individual can withdraw at a time and for the day, likewise the institutions. Or why do you also think that ATMS limit how much for daily withdrawal, all these are regulation that ensures stability and control but, who controls or regulates how much bitcoin you can transfer to the next wallet? The exchanges are gradually coming into regulation (except that happens successfully) like what binance has done to limit withdrawal from 2btc to 0.06 for incomplete account verification.

I think regulation is part of what can reduce volatility, bitcoin is decentralized and that makes total regulation impossible I think.

I am not saying that Bitcoin has not yet reached the maximum supply, but that the market value of Bitcoin is not large enough to cover all human economic activities. When the market value of Bitcoin is large enough, its volatility is correspondingly not so large. Just like the current gold price, the fluctuations are relatively small. As you said, the current government's supervision and control policies can well maintain currency exchange rate fluctuations. This is a government intervention. But in the future, in the encrypted world, this kind of intervention will also exist, but it will be realized in the way of community governance. Just as with various DeFi projects, they are building a completely decentralized financial system. This decentralized financial system is slowly replacing the current financial system. At the same time, D
The governance system of eFi projects is also gradually improving, which is a regulatory policy in the crypto world.

I firmly believe that Bitcoin will truly become a super-sovereign currency in the next ten to twenty years, anchoring the economic and financial order of human society. What do you think?

I'm counting on it.
Countries can't get along on their own. Each country wants to be the top dog, and so they get into all sorts of hubris filled battles that their populaces fear might end in wars by swiping their own nations of resources. War is a battle over resources. Right now, the US is engaged in war in the middle east to maintain the dominance of the petrodollar, which provides resource benefits through the control of energy and the resources that controlling the world's reserve monetary supply brings.

Bitcoin ties us all together across cultures more than anything else. When your economic success in another part
of the world is tied up with my economic success, then we will be less likely to engage in the same negative behaviors.

For humanity to progress, we have to develop a more equitable supernational currency. Bitcoin is the best shot currently.

Bitcoin has a ways to get there before becoming a super-sovereign currency though.
It won't become one as long as there are specific groups that hold more access to the currency
than national powers. If this doesn't change, then national powers will move to other types of
cryptographic currencies -- for those that make this adjustment.

In order for bitcoin to become supernational, the question is:
what mechanisms can or will cause distribution to balance out -- if at all?

Yes, Bitcoin connects us all across cultures more than anything. In my opinion, in order for Bitcoin to truly become a super-sovereign currency and better achieve a balanced distribution, the most important thing is that we must continue to promote the thought behind Bitcoin. Many people now participate in Bitcoin, but only want to make money through Bitcoin and increase their wealth. The vast majority of people do not understand the thought behind Bitcoin. Bitcoin's decentralized thought will build a new way of life. When more and more people recognize the thought of Bitcoin, they will hold Bitcoin for a long time. People who buy Bitcoin purely for profit will sell the Bitcoin in their hands when the profit fits. This realizes the transition from short-term beneficiaries to long-term believers. This achieves a balance of chip distribution to a certain extent. Therefore, it is the best way to continuously promote the thought of Bitcoin and pass the Bitcoin consensus. This is also the purpose of writing these articles, to understand Bitcoin in depth from different angles.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━   RainbowKun   ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
████  ████  Twitter⬝  Telegram  ████  ████
RainbowKun (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 154
Merit: 234

View Profile
August 03, 2021, 12:37:20 PM

to need a sovereign acknowledgment is really needed by bitcoin at this time, so it's just easy to happen with no re-banning.of some countries for now. because everyone knows that bitcoin is currently very favorite for a modern business circles.which are the same thing almost like paper money, only they are still constrained by prohibitions from various countries. If the legalization of bitcoin has occurred, it is not impossible that this will become sovereign for bitcoin itself.

The legalization of Bitcoin is the trend of the times, and no one can stop it. Because more and more governments have discovered that no one can control Bitcoin, nor can they tamper with the Bitcoin ledger. Bitcoin is being recognized by more and more ordinary people. In the end, the government can only adapt to the existence of Bitcoin. Maybe Bitcoin will coexist with fiat currency for a long time, but in the ultimate future, Bitcoin will definitely become the foundation of all currencies.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━   RainbowKun   ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
████  ████  Twitter⬝  Telegram  ████  ████
KevinRosa

Activity: 62
Merit: 13

View Profile
August 05, 2021, 02:44:06 AM

Looking ahead, if there is a currency that transcends the sovereignty of all countries, I think there should be fewer wars. Some countries are no longer plundered by the US dollar. They can get rid of the restrictions of the US dollar and escape the economic sanctions of the United States.

If such a currency appears, it will be beneficial to all countries except the United States.
bittraffic

Activity: 2940
Merit: 612

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2021, 03:06:57 AM

Looking ahead, if there is a currency that transcends the sovereignty of all countries, I think there should be fewer wars. Some countries are no longer plundered by the US dollar. They can get rid of the restrictions of the US dollar and escape the economic sanctions of the United States.

If such a currency appears, it will be beneficial to all countries except the United States.

Great article to taste the history of this super sovereign currency. Though it's not impossible to achieve, it's going to be a battle when there is an organization that will try to control everyone else. If FED and SEC could just be replaced overnight and let the protocols manage it all, I guess it's going to work. Its currency working on in El Salvador, I hope it will happen in every country there to prosper once and for all.

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
..CONFIRMED..

Aliceooo78

Activity: 117
Merit: 28

View Profile
August 08, 2021, 05:08:41 AM

to need a sovereign acknowledgment is really needed by bitcoin at this time, so it's just easy to happen with no re-banning.of some countries for now. because everyone knows that bitcoin is currently very favorite for a modern business circles.which are the same thing almost like paper money, only they are still constrained by prohibitions from various countries. If the legalization of bitcoin has occurred, it is not impossible that this will become sovereign for bitcoin itself.

Bitcoin has a long way to become a world currency. What I want to say is that this thing will succeed. It is only a matter of time, not that Bitcoin may become a world currency.

There are three reasons why Bitcoin cannot become the world's currency.

• Bitcoin does not have a value foundation. If one is not chosen, it may be the power resource needed for Bitcoin mining, but also a kind of energy.
  • The violent fluctuations in the price of Bitcoin do not have the properties of the stability of the world currency.
  • Bitcoin lacks the support of sovereign currencies. At present, a few small countries, or third world countries, have successively legalized Bitcoin, such as Ukraine and El Salvador.

Bitcoin creates a freely flowing and unregulated currency around the world. It uses the Internet to perform traditional currency functions and solves the problem of "transmitting value across time and space". What Bitcoin creates is the essential requirement of the world currency (global trust system, unconditional trust). This is the core. I firmly believe that Bitcoin will succeed.

[/list]

mrongos

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 08, 2021, 05:43:07 AM

for now maybe bitcoin can not be a sovereign currency, because it is still too early, for us to make bitcoin a sovereign currency, because there are still many processes that must be passed by bitcoin, because now there are still many countries that are still against bitcoin. for now let bitcoin be a currency in digital, we can only hope that one day bitcoin can be accepted by a sovereign country..

▄█████▄
                       ██   ██
  ▄▄▄                  ▀█▄▄▄█▀
▄█████▄                 ▀███▀
███████                   ▀
 ▀███▀
  ▀███                   ▄██
   ████                 ▄██▀
    ████              ▄███▀
     ████▄▄        ▄▄████
      ▀██████▄▄▄▄██████▀
        ▀▀██████████▀▀
            ▀▀▀▀▀▀
||..THE WORLDS FIRST...........
..SOCIAL UTILITY CRYPTO..
|████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████████████▀▀▀█████████
██████ ▀██████▀      ▄██████
██████▄   ▀▀▀        ███████
██████▄             ▄███████
███████▄           ▄████████
██████▀▀▀        ▄██████████
███████▄▄     ▄▄████████████
█████████████▀    ▐█████████
████████████    ▄▄██████████
███████████▀    ▀▀██████████
██████████▌       ██████████
████████████    ████████████
████████████▄  ▄████████████
|█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
Ararbermas

Activity: 1988
Merit: 283

View Profile
August 08, 2021, 05:53:07 AM

can bitcoin evolve into a sovereign currency, maybe my answer for now is no, even if we make bitcoin a sovereign currency, the government will definitely ban all of that, because we know the government is very against bitcoin..
correct, there's no chance for bitcoin and even other cyrpto currency in the market to become a sovereign currency in the future, because government always against what are the activities can be made with cyrpto currency. and there's a lot of issue and information as well that cannot be considered as safe and reliable asset to become a legal tender. . So don't expect government will allow this thing to happen with bitcoin.. Indeed if it has a chance perhaps it already happened even before in my personal opinion.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: