Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:13:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: GPUs are not being sold as fast as used to be  (Read 504 times)
Looper_U

Activity: 369
Merit: 16

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
June 22, 2021, 07:43:44 AM

ETH mining will soon be over because nothing lasts forever, atleast we've enjoyed this moment for many months already if my calculations is correct ETH mining have been profitable since DeFI start it's hype in 2020, the best time to build a mining rig is bear market if you can take your eye off the lower profits and of cos if you have free/cheap electricity

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
arielbit
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059

View Profile
June 22, 2021, 07:55:46 AM

ETH mining will soon be over because nothing lasts forever, atleast we've enjoyed this moment for many months already if my calculations is correct ETH mining have been profitable since DeFI start it's hype in 2020, the best time to build a mining rig is bear market if you can take your eye off the lower profits and of cos if you have free/cheap electricity

it is easier said than done, i shilled 3080 and 3090 last year and there are people who didn't agree with me LOL.

well technically you should build right before the bull run start, ideally if newer-faster-more efficient gpus are coming out. in peak bear market it is better buying coins than gear.
batsonxl

Activity: 1196
Merit: 26

View Profile
June 22, 2021, 09:47:35 AM

I suspect come August there will be a lot of GPUs hitting the market that were mining ETH.  It also makes you wonder where all of that hashrate is going to go.  Ravencoin?  Beam?  Will that cause a massive price spike as GPU miners search for a profitable way to mine with their gear, or will we see a sale on GPUs the likes we've never seen before?  Personally, I think a bit of both.  There are going to be some big opportunities in the coming months as this scenario plays out, weave your way through the markets carefully.

probably the old models, but not the latest models. some 3xxx have not ROI'd yet and the lack of supply means there are not as many going around as the previous bear market sell off.
Not so fast Smiley It will not cheap in month lol. maybe it can last whole year.
arielbit
Legendary

View Profile
June 22, 2021, 10:03:00 AM

I suspect come August there will be a lot of GPUs hitting the market that were mining ETH.  It also makes you wonder where all of that hashrate is going to go.  Ravencoin?  Beam?  Will that cause a massive price spike as GPU miners search for a profitable way to mine with their gear, or will we see a sale on GPUs the likes we've never seen before?  Personally, I think a bit of both.  There are going to be some big opportunities in the coming months as this scenario plays out, weave your way through the markets carefully.

probably the old models, but not the latest models. some 3xxx have not ROI'd yet and the lack of supply means there are not as many going around as the previous bear market sell off.
Not so fast Smiley It will not cheap in month lol. maybe it can last whole year.

it seems global chip market (shortage) still has no signs or recovery, this gpu price down might be temporary due to crypto dump that started in may. what if crypto recovers? then we are back to fighting over GPUs LOL
arielbit
Legendary

View Profile
June 22, 2021, 10:05:45 AM

it is easier said than done, i shilled 3080 and 3090 last year and there are people who didn't agree with me LOL.

well technically you should build right before the bull run start, ideally if newer-faster-more efficient gpus are coming out. in peak bear market it is better buying coins than gear.
Yes i agree some coin buying cheap can make profit really good.

it is good that miners (here in mining altcoins section)in 2020-21 are talking about market cycles compared to mindless mining that i see back in the days, they deserved to metroid'd haha 
batsonxl

View Profile
June 22, 2021, 10:16:17 AM
Merited by PeaMine (1)

Yes i agree some coin buying cheap can make profit really good.

it is good that miners (here in mining altcoins section)in 2020-21 are talking about market cycles compared to mindless mining that i see back in the days, they deserved to metroid'd haha 
Well nobody knows whats gonna happens with prices. We dont have friend like Elon Musk who can manupulate market and we could take our positions right next to him. So we are on our own we do own plans. I learnt having plan for both is always good. Some people can make mistake it is not big problem we all do.i learn my lesson better when there is mistake that you never forget
PeaMine

Activity: 979
Merit: 510

View Profile
June 22, 2021, 01:27:53 PM

Lots of ETH gas being spent past 2 hours, over 300 in some cases.
AVG has been under 20 for a week.
Are they about to do ETH 2.0, legit for real this time? Or is it something else like the price drops past few days?

Datacenter Technician and Electrician.  If you have any questions feel free to ask me as I am generally bored looking at logs and happy to help during free time.
batsonxl

View Profile
June 22, 2021, 01:44:36 PM

Lots of ETH gas being spent past 2 hours, over 300 in some cases.
AVG has been under 20 for a week.
Are they about to do ETH 2.0, legit for real this time? Or is it something else like the price drops past few days?
It is not good many people moving eth right now thats why fees are high later it will get to normal again but with low profit.
Metroid

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
June 22, 2021, 06:13:12 PM

ETH is almost back to the price I sold and I did not buy it back yet and I will not, will wait below 500 usd to buy back. If history repeats, eth's bottom is around 250 usd for now and about gpus, I would not buy any yet, 3080 are sold around 3k yet, time to buy is once 3080 crashes below msrp or 700 usd, life getting back to normal, the 3080 might even crash to 400 usd, will see.

BTC Address: 1DH4ok85VdFAe47fSVXNVctxkFhUv4ujbR
mak013

Activity: 2366
Merit: 753

View Profile
June 22, 2021, 07:06:48 PM

ETH is almost back to the price I sold and I did not buy it back yet and I will not, will wait below 500 usd to buy back. If history repeats, eth's bottom is around 250 usd for now and about gpus, I would not buy any yet, 3080 are sold around 3k yet, time to buy is once 3080 crashes below msrp or 700 usd, life getting back to normal, the 3080 might even crash to 400 usd, will see.
May be used 3080 will reach such prices, but i don`t sure. This is too new GPU to sell it less than msrp. Only credit miners will sell for such prices.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████▄▄██▄▄
████████████████████▄▄
░████▄▄████████████████
░█████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀██▀
█████████████████░▄██▄
████████████████░░▀██▀
███████████████
███████████
██████████
█████████
████████
██████████
batsonxl

View Profile
June 22, 2021, 09:08:09 PM

Good price targets
Metroid

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
June 22, 2021, 10:25:10 PM

May be used 3080 will reach such prices, but i don`t sure. This is too new GPU to sell it less than msrp. Only credit miners will sell for such prices.

mining is only good as long is worthy profitable, I mean, roi less than 200 days, meaning, as soon roi becomes greater than 200 days which is at moment, people lose interest in buying gpus and so if profit gets even lower to be worth the effort, people will sell the gpus and focus in something else, meaning when I say 95%of miners today will start focusing on something else in life as soon there is no worthy profit, also looking back when it was negative profit, 95% of miners today will not exist next year. Meaning more profit? --> no and as soon as profit turns into negative, nvidia will unlock their gpus to mine again ehhe will be funny and if they dont do that then the market will entirely be for amd. AMD did it right, these hashrate blockers are bs. You do whatever you want with your gpu, reason I will avoid nvidia from now on, has already avoided intel cause of the bs motheboard upgrade every 6 months.

Also I saw plenty of 1080ti sold for 200 usd 3 years ago, as soon as mining profit turned negative. Yeah, they were liquidating gpus because they cost more turned on than off. You trolls need to udnerstand that this has 2 sides, bull and bear phases, so use them well and dont be blind to the fact one needs the other for cryptos to keep going up and keep existing.

BTC Address: 1DH4ok85VdFAe47fSVXNVctxkFhUv4ujbR
mak013

View Profile
June 23, 2021, 06:29:19 AM
Merited by safar1980 (1)

mining is only good as long is worthy profitable, I mean, roi less than 200 days, meaning, as soon roi becomes greater than 200 days which is at moment, people lose interest in buying gpus and so if profit gets even lower to be worth the effort, people will sell the gpus and focus in something else, meaning when I say 95%of miners today will start focusing on something else in life as soon there is no worthy profit, also looking back when it was negative profit, 95% of miners today will not exist next year. Meaning more profit? --> no and as soon as profit turns into negative, nvidia will unlock their gpus to mine again ehhe will be funny and if they dont do that then the market will entirely be for amd. AMD did it right, these hashrate blockers are bs. You do whatever you want with your gpu, reason I will avoid nvidia from now on, has already avoided intel cause of the bs motheboard upgrade every 6 months.

Also I saw plenty of 1080ti sold for 200 usd 3 years ago, as soon as mining profit turned negative. Yeah, they were liquidating gpus because they cost more turned on than off. You trolls need to udnerstand that this has 2 sides, bull and bear phases, so use them well and dont be blind to the fact one needs the other for cryptos to keep going up and keep existing.
Some miners that began mine in 2016 or earlier are ready for dump and looking for newbies to sell them old GPUs. They will buy GPU about msrp or lower i sure. And the others will be broken by dump or will become miners.

About NVIDIA - i think that some time later we`ll see "new drivers" or new pill that will remove LHR. And with AMD GPU i flashed all of them.

PS. I sold my 1080ti 2-3 months ago for $900-1000 )

.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████▄▄██▄▄
████████████████████▄▄
░████▄▄████████████████
░█████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀██▀
█████████████████░▄██▄
████████████████░░▀██▀
███████████████
███████████
██████████
█████████
████████
██████████
batsonxl

View Profile
June 23, 2021, 07:59:57 AM

Some miners that began mine in 2016 or earlier are ready for dump and looking for newbies to sell them old GPUs. They will buy GPU about msrp or lower i sure. And the others will be broken by dump or will become miners.

About NVIDIA - i think that some time later we`ll see "new drivers" or new pill that will remove LHR. And with AMD GPU i flashed all of them.

Thats excellent price for 1080ti. Wow.
1080ti price will drop to 250-350$
arielbit
Legendary

View Profile
June 23, 2021, 09:22:46 AM

i think the "msrp thing" does not exist, probably it exist just to say "we are good , we don't do evil prices".. allocate a few to justify the "msrp thing" then make a killing on the rest.

there are two things to consider, the inflation and global chip shortage. prices are rising, those numbers you said i think that were the prices in the last market cycle. and the chip shortage-it feels different now. the first store where i bought 3080ti, after i bought, it is sold out already, the same with the second store, although i didn't asked if they used to have a lot of stocks but it felt like they only had 1pc to sell.
mak013

View Profile
June 23, 2021, 11:25:00 AM

Thats excellent price for 1080ti. Wow.
1080ti price will drop to 250-350$
I was sad for 2 months - they mined nice Smiley The best price i could get - to sell it a month ago, but in my situation - buyers got profit too.
The most sad decision - i sold 1070 for $200 last autumn. Month ago it price was about $600.