Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 09:18:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If Whale hoards bitcoin, will the market run out of BTC to buy?  (Read 607 times)
isaac_clarke22

Activity: 1596
Merit: 264

View Profile
June 24, 2021, 07:36:51 PM

~
No Bitcoin to buy? That is quite unimaginable, OP.
When that is almost happening, the price could have been way higher than imagined right now and people would consider selling their Bitcoins at that point.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Smartvirus
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1108

View Profile
June 24, 2021, 09:04:03 PM

Yes, many companies are indeed buying bitcoin nowadays, their list is available below.

#Company NameTotal Bitcoin
1MicroStrategy Inc.92,079
2Tesla48,000
You can imagine Tesla still ranking amongst the top 5th after all these chaos Elon Musk brought to the crypto space. Tesla remains second according to the statistics above which means somehow, they are still picking every sat they could fine drop those selling due to the FUD being promoted in the market.

Anyway, liquidity is a no question with bitcoin, its one thing its got in surplus and won't be a problem even if the whales choose to hodl for a while. With bitcoin having an optimum number, it is an indication that, its value is yet to reach its pick. With scarcity come valuation, it won't go out of the market, it would only add value.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Obito

Activity: 1274
Merit: 293

View Profile
June 25, 2021, 01:43:46 PM

Those who hoard will eventually sell at their own price target. BTC is limited and so are people's wealth. They cannot lock their money on any investment like bitcoin forever. I expect Michael Saylor unloading at six figures.
If they hoard, wouldn't the prices stop going up at some point because there is a limited bitcoin supply and cutting off the supply via hoarding will make the prices go up for awhile and then the prices will stagnate, I am pretty sure that that's what's going to happen. Also, it's all just a theory because there is no one person or organization that will be able to buy everything in the supply and hoard it. It's plain cumbersome if not impossible.
just_Alice

Activity: 1274
Merit: 622

View Profile
June 25, 2021, 11:18:37 PM

This shouldn't seem like a problem if you're not one of those people who believe that 95% of the total Bitcoin supply is concentrated in hands of few people. But even in that perspective, if we're talking about whales that hold more than 1,000 BTC, there still will be many of them with a total supply of $21m, and they simply can't all hold forever. But actually, Bitcoin is much more distributed, too many people are in the game now, so this scenario is impossible.

Bitcoin will always be in circulation, even if there are very big buyers like the ones you talk about, there is no point for any of them to just hold forever, because in such a case the price wouldn't change and everything will just freeze, they want for this system to run too.
wendy sy

Activity: 65
Merit: 5

View Profile
June 26, 2021, 01:19:23 AM

The BTC protocol will pay the miners though transaction fee. There's will always be a market for buyers & sellers.There will always be Centralized exchanges offering customers 5-6% APY on BTC deposits.
When BTC does hit 1m / holders of will be able to take 4-5% or 5k - 6k monthly and live of the interest.Also I heard that BTC will have smart contract coming future so lot of BtC will be locked up in Defi .I only have a small amount of bitcoin right now, but I plan to buy more in the future.
Pamadar
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1028

View Profile
June 26, 2021, 01:29:26 AM

This is really happening, some whales already hoarding BTC, however, the market won't stop, the transaction still ongoing, there's still a seller and buyers.

Because those whales are also moving and continue shaking the market, they are good in playing with emotions.

Whales not just hoarding but also doing their best and capabilities to attract actions within the market, if you want not to lose your investment make sure to keep thm on track, this will allow you ride in with the right train and gives you opportunities to earn in the short run.
conected

Activity: 1302
Merit: 503

View Profile
June 26, 2021, 03:06:38 PM

~
No Bitcoin to buy? That is quite unimaginable, OP.
When that is almost happening, the price could have been way higher than imagined right now and people would consider selling their Bitcoins at that point.

- At such a high and profitable price, people will literally line up to sell the bitcoins they are storing, the whales' accumulation scheme will turn out to be detrimental to the whales, the suffocation with the volume of transactions being sold is very high and sometimes the market will no longer want to buy as soon as whales want to sell. Whales are forced to let the volume of transactions be circulated at the buying and selling ends, the market will always have bitcoin to buy but the important thing is we will buy at the price the whale wants

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
  ▄███████            ███████▄
███████                  ███████
█████▀                    ▀▀██▀
█████
█████                       ▄▆█
█████                   ▆██████
█████                   ████████
  ▀█                   █▀ ▐████
▄                          ▐████
██▆▄▄                    ▄█████
███████                  ███████
  ▀███████            ███████▀
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

. Graphene Airdrop Coming Soon by Phore .
  █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
█████████               ████████
█████████           ▅▆████████▌
█████████     ▅▅▆████████████▌
█████████▆█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
nikrobi

Activity: 303
Merit: 112

View Profile
June 26, 2021, 03:29:53 PM

Bitcoin is limited in quantity. News like so and so billionaire or so and so company bought 100,000 BTCs is now commonplace due to the dip. Will there be a time when there will be no bitcoin to buy. If so then what will happen then?

That's a clever approach!!!

This is what evryone should fear! If this become a strategy do vanish Bitcoin, the world will loose the golden opportunity of a real and significant economic revolution!

The big ones, greater than the whales, surely have already thought maliciously on this!

So, the mass now has to buy Bitcoin as much as possible to avoid this possible and probable monopoly!!!

Decentralization is the key!!!

ILuckyGuyI

Activity: 2072
Merit: 431

View Profile
June 27, 2021, 11:37:31 AM

There is no such thing happening in the future I believe. Because there is a balance in this market. While there are people who buy a lot of BTC, there are also many people who are selling their BTC. In this situation, it is not possible to see that we run out of BTC to buy.

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
███████████▀▌▄▀██████████
███████▄▄███████▄▄███████
██████▄███▀▀██▀██████████
█████████▌█████████▌█████
█████████▌█████████▌█████
██████████▄███▄███▀██████
████████████████▀▀███████
███████████▀▀▀███████████
█████████████████████████
▀█████▀▀████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
Available in
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
sapnu

Activity: 1036
Merit: 286

View Profile
June 27, 2021, 11:43:56 AM

Bitcoin is limited in quantity. News like so and so billionaire or so and so company bought 100,000 BTCs is now commonplace due to the dip. Will there be a time when there will be no bitcoin to buy. If so then what will happen then?
I don't think it would be possible that we'll run out of bitcoin after having too many whales buying it. Bitcoin circulates continuously and no matter how down the market is, someone will still be willing to sell. Regardless of the quantity of whales and the how much bitcoin they bought, it is very impossible that we'll run out of bitcoin. Also, even though bitcoin's quantity is limited, it would be too expensive to buy all of it. No one in their right mind would think about doing so. The dip is an opportunity we should not miss so buy while the value of bitcoin is still low or lose the chance.
ven7net

Activity: 1946
Merit: 112

View Profile
June 27, 2021, 12:25:16 PM

Usually in this case, a shortage occurs, which in turn causes even more demand, which leads to an even greater price increase. If all the BTC is mined and is in the hands of the holders, then at first its price will rise by so much, it will be profitable to sell it at a profit. Do not forget that BTC is now an asset for preserving and increasing one's wealth, which means that its price will always rise, especially after it is not enough in the market.
maisao1991
Copper Member

Activity: 224
Merit: 2

TheStandard

View Profile
June 27, 2021, 01:59:45 PM

Other than Michael Saylor holding a large amount of BTC, there are few people who hold such a large amount of BTC, as well as miners working non-stop to mine money every day, will BTC ever be enough and do you think like me when you reach the target value you set you will sell it for the price you set earlier.

───────     Decentralized Asset-Backed Banking     ───────
██  ███  ██████     TheStandard.io     ██████  ███  ██
Kong Hey Pakboy

Activity: 1120
Merit: 68

View Profile
June 27, 2021, 02:15:13 PM

There is no such thing happening in the future I believe. Because there is a balance in this market. While there are people who buy a lot of BTC, there are also many people who are selling their BTC. In this situation, it is not possible to see that we run out of BTC to buy.
We also have to understand that they have to spend a lot of money of money to hoard all the bitcoin in the current supply plus they have to continuously buy every new bitcoin added into the supply. Even if all the whales band together to buy and hoard all bitcoins, they will have a hard time doing it.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
JillianTaft

Activity: 135
Merit: 16

View Profile
July 15, 2021, 06:33:16 AM

Every investor has a profit goal, even if it is a Bitcoin hoarder, if they hoard a large amount of Bitcoin but never sell it, what is the difference with hoarding air?They will all sell bitcoins at the price set in their hearts, so we never have to worry about them hoarding bitcoins, even if hoarding a large amount of bitcoins will lead to poor circulation of bitcoins, which will have a very serious impact on the price, hoarders will understand This simple truth, so we don’t have to worry about it.
zanezane

Activity: 868
Merit: 150

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
July 15, 2021, 06:45:21 AM

If the whales hoard their bitcoin, and left nothing for other people in the market, the prices will go up but no retail investor is sane enough to buy bitcoin which ends up with the market having no circulation since whales have hoarded all the bitcoin plus it will be counter to them because they can't make money just for hoarding, they make money because they have to make big waves.

777Jolami

Activity: 700
Merit: 14

View Profile
July 15, 2021, 06:58:03 AM

Other than Michael Saylor holding a large amount of BTC, there are few people who hold such a large amount of BTC, as well as miners working non-stop to mine money every day, will BTC ever be enough and do you think like me when you reach the target value you set you will sell it for the price you set earlier.
I think you have forgotten his Microstrategy or Grayscale (storing bitcoins for GBTC trusts).  It's quite large (160k BTC) and in these pivotal times the unlock deadline has come, whales may be concerned about this.  But I think Grayscale will continue to buy bitcoin for the trust for the foreseeable future.  So I guess bitcoin value will continue to move forward for a long time.
ropyu1978

Activity: 1904
Merit: 510

View Profile
July 15, 2021, 06:59:21 AM

I think the whales will never hoard bitcoin for a long time, because they are also afraid of falling prices, they will definitely sell back the bitcoins they hoard, for their other business needs, even if they hoard bitcoins in the long term I think they will will not enjoy the results, because they will die, so I don't think they will ever hoard bitcoin in the long term..
Connor Britton

Activity: 101
Merit: 18

View Profile
July 15, 2021, 07:18:22 AM

I personally think that whales may be hoarding Bitcoin, but not at the same time, because when they buy together, the price of Bitcoin will rise, when Bitcoin rises to a certain price, the whale will sell Bitcoin, so say whales They don’t keep hoarding Bitcoin because they all want to make money.
btc78

Activity: 2478
Merit: 210

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
July 15, 2021, 07:29:04 AM

Miners will always sell their bitcoins (though not all of them but for sure to sustain their operation they need to sell)

But indeed that if whales Buy all the Bitcoin available then the situation will change and may bring drastic effect.

But wondering why they still not doing it? are they afraid of people will not support Bitcoin if this happens and they may lose everything if investors convert to altcoins and abandoned bitcoin if that moves comes to happen?

Mpamaegbu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1208

Once a man, twice a child!

View Profile
July 15, 2021, 07:31:42 AM

To your question — No, the market will never run out of Bitcoin to buy if whales decide not to sell at all. If anything, it will make those who want to buy Bitcoin seek alternative crypto to do whatever they would've done using Bitcoin. Let me give you an example from experience. Whenever Bitcoin fees become very exorbitant, people move to stable coins to transfer to exchanges and do their transactions or withdraw from exchanges. How do you expect someone to pay $20 as withdrawal fee from an exchange for what they could pay just $1 using a stable coin. I have seen this happen and I have utilized that option myself. It's the same scenario I forsee if Bitcoin is hoarded perpetually.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██