Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 11:19:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Alternatives to centralized currencies, alternatives to decentralized currencies  (Read 242 times)
pealr12

Activity: 1946
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 25, 2021, 06:28:42 AM

I totally agree with the point that both centralized and decentralized currency are needed for economic growth, they both play important role separately even though it seems like centralized currency are not giving much freedom to the people, but am sure in a way there are other benefits alongside, btc gives financial freedom as decentralized currency but also have some shortcomings as well, to me I feel the best approach is to have both available and generally acceptable for people to make their choices which to transact with at a given situation.
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
amishmanish
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1158

View Profile
July 25, 2021, 01:50:33 PM

That is what even Satoshi intended to do but some people took it a bit too far. If we could have alternative to fiat currency that means we will have a weapon against the injustice that is done to poor people, we as the people who are not wealthy could get together and buy bitcoin and keep it in crypto instead of dealing with fiat, without fiat then what are we even fighting against? Which is why we should be basically considering this as a tool against the fiat injustice of wealthy people.
I agree. Not the poor actually, the injustice is on the middle classes who end up as wage slaves in this economy of constant fiat printing. The politicians and the economists say that it is for our own good. Coz if they don't print more money, us wage slaves won't spend enough, demand will drop and this leads to stagnation. They conveniently skip over the fact that a) Nobody is ever held responsible for the bank defaults and business bankruptcies and b) All this printed money is basically used to prop up the chosen ones.

Well, I am not against interventions per se, but if the richest have access to shortcuts, why can't the playing field be a bit more level for the average middle class person.

I personally love fiat, it means that as long as I hold my bitcoins and not sell them, I own more and more fiat without doing anything at all, that is the greatest feeling on the earth because we are talking about a ton of purchasing power we would have lost over course of years if we kept it in fiat, but instead we are not only keep it same, but we are gaining purchasing power at the same period.
LOL. Can't disagree about the purchasing power. Yet, to maintain this, it is important that bitcoin stands. That is why these generalizations about "decentralized currencies" is wrong. Coz then all those corporate/ foundation coins that are really just businesses, start laying claim to being money themselves. That is the danger and we all should be vocally opposing it at every point. Those projects/ investments are enabled by bitcoin. There will be nothing if we don't have the decentralized bitcoin.
RealMalatesta
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1124

View Profile
July 28, 2021, 07:24:01 PM

^ The real trouble starts with the bail outs and not with the printing of money. You could print money and distribute it to everyone equally and you would have yourself a good economy, even if companies are looking like they are going down, it is a business and if a business is going down there is two options that government can do, either help them sell a portion of their business so that they could cover the cost, like a company selling 10% stake so that they could recover, or government could just lend the money on a proper rate, LEND it not give it away.

However even when they do that, then they need to make sure they are helping the people who are in debt to banks as well, they can't just help banks and ignore people neither, whatever you do to the bank, then you need to help with the people who have that debt as well to make it fair. It is so possible to have a proper economy in the world, the hard part is to stop peoples greed.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: