Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 02:43:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New Community ERC20 Token - Advice For Best Practices/Economics Needed  (Read 67 times)
Trinko (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 13, 2021, 02:22:37 AM
Last edit: August 13, 2021, 02:55:40 AM by Trinko

Hello everyone, our community of car enthusiasts started a new ERC20 token on Ethereum. We want to launch in the most fair way possible to the public. Our reputation is paramount to us and want to use our token to get new relevant community members. Without going too deep into things and without shilling our coin - out of respect for the forum - here are some details:

• We are allocating 60% of supply for members of our community. 20% of this is for the core membership of approximately 20 members. The rest of this is for new members (all new members will receive an allocation of coins after being voted into by main community). The new members supply will be frozen and will unfreeze every 6 months for when we put new members under review.  
  • 30% of total supply is for the public to purchase as they see fit
  • 10% is for meetups and community development

I was wondering if something like this has been done before or in a better way? Should we freeze our 20% core member coins for some time as well?

Thank you all!
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cabron

Activity: 2814
Merit: 598

https://www.betcoin.ag

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2021, 02:34:09 AM

Hello everyone, my community of car enthusiasts started a new ERC20 token on Ethereum. We want to launch in the most fair way possible to the public. Our reputation is paramount to us and want to use our token to get new relevant community members. Without going too deep into things and without shilling our coin - out of respect for the forum - here are some details:

• We are allocating 60% of supply for members of our community. 20% of this is for the core membership of approximately 20 members. The rest of this is for new members (all new members will receive an allocation of coins after being voted into by main community). The new members supply will be frozen and will unfreeze every 6 months for when we put new members under review. 

I was wondering if something like this has been done before or in a better way? Should we freeze our 20% core member coins for some time as well?

Thank you all!

Freezing coins had been done before and it's not good. If they are investors, they put money into it, and being frozen, it's definitely not good for their investment unless this is going to be a sure profit of more than 100% as sort of an incentive for it. I'm not sure if I understood it but you have 120% all in all that you have there.

What's the name of the project? There was a car project before like the Curio.  Nobody cares about it anymore.  Grin

Trinko (OP)

View Profile
August 13, 2021, 02:52:01 AM
Last edit: August 13, 2021, 03:07:55 AM by Trinko

Hello everyone, my community of car enthusiasts started a new ERC20 token on Ethereum. We want to launch in the most fair way possible to the public. Our reputation is paramount to us and want to use our token to get new relevant community members. Without going too deep into things and without shilling our coin - out of respect for the forum - here are some details:

Thank you all!

Freezing coins had been done before and it's not good. If they are investors, they put money into it, and being frozen, it's definitely not good for their investment unless this is going to be a sure profit of more than 100% as sort of an incentive for it. I'm not sure if I understood it but you have 120% all in all that you have there.

What's the name of the project? There was a car project before like the Curio.  Nobody cares about it anymore.  Grin
Thank you for your reply.

I'll make the breakdown more clear:
60% of total supply is reserved for founding members and for new members
  • 40% of this allocation goes to new members. 20% is for founding members.
  • all new members will receive coins upon being voted in by the community. These coins will be unfrozen every six months
30% of total supply can be purchased by the public
10% of total supply is for community development.

Our project is http://www.slurrycoin.com
We belong to a well known car forum and want to use the coin and NFT's as an incentive to increase our membership with people who like the same things as us.

ryzaadit
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1228

View Profile
August 13, 2021, 06:38:47 AM

The vesting schedule is a normal thing.

Is up to the investor, If they are willing to accept that then should be no problem at all. Vesting is also to an avoided private investors or early investors who buy with a good price dumping a single time while the price increases more than the original price.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
cabron

Activity: 2814
Merit: 598

https://www.betcoin.ag

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2021, 02:58:35 PM

That super cars discussion board is actually a big one. I'm not sure how active the community is but since you already have a big community I think it could be easy for you to gain trust from them. Don't expect all are patient about freezing their tokens for six month.

Investors will come in to expect profit in short terms and not all of them are car enthusiast. They will ask for lambo literally after a week of holding. 😁

Trinko (OP)

View Profile
August 13, 2021, 04:35:46 PM

That super cars discussion board is actually a big one. I'm not sure how active the community is but since you already have a big community I think it could be easy for you to gain trust from them. Don't expect all are patient about freezing their tokens for six month.

Investors will come in to expect profit in short terms and not all of them are car enthusiast. They will ask for lambo literally after a week of holding. 😁

We've gone over to discord since there was a change in site ownership. We are an old and tightly knit community so trust is not an issue among our core membership.
I've definitely noticed a moon type "investor" here and there, but our project is definitely not a pump and dump and we are focused on maintaining and growing our community with our token.

Where do you suppose we should go to get further advice about the economics of our token? Questions like whether we should be growing liquidity at this moment or doing something else?

Trinko (OP)

View Profile
August 13, 2021, 10:07:10 PM

Hello everyone, our community of car enthusiasts started a new ERC20 token on Ethereum. We want to launch in the most fair way possible to the public. Our reputation is paramount to us and want to use our token to get new relevant community members. Without going too deep into things and without shilling our coin - out of respect for the forum - here are some details:

Thank you all!

With considered to the fee and all. You cn choose the BSC platform to launch your token. But the people get distressed with the many fake token published on BSC. So you can skip the bsc also. Some people may blindly skip your token, if you may use the bsc platform. So both had advantage and disadvantages. You can analysis my points and choose the correct one.

Thank you for the suggestion. It was an extremely tough decision but we ultimately chose to go with Ethereum. BSC is really attractive because of its low fees and speed but we have the longevity of the project in mind. Eth is decentralized and if further regulation is placed upon crypto we should be able to deal with it. Our main objective is the preservation of our community on the blockchain.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: