Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 06:36:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining tax in Kazakhstan  (Read 256 times)
Argoo

Activity: 2268
Merit: 225

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
August 19, 2021, 10:42:08 AM

I don't think that's a cheap rate at all.

Mining is already a very small profit margin business that needs a ton of scale to even be profitable in the first place. To add a 5-10% tax on gross expenditures could be a death sentence for a lot of small mining businesses that have just started up.

Not sure what their intentions/plan is to be honest. What are they even trying to achieve? If it's revenue collection I'm sure they can find better ways than targeting this niche market.
I calculated that miners in Kazakhstan will have to pay about one dollar for 500 kW of electricity starting next year. I don’t think this is a big tax, given that only 14 percent of energy in Kazakhstan is produced from water, and the rest comes from coal, oil and gas. If expensive carbohydrate energy sources are consumed, the state must reimburse the costs of its production. I do not think that after the introduction of such a tax, miners will leave Kazakhstan.

SWG.ioPre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15
║〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 FIRST LISTING CONFIRMED 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙║
╙ ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹ ╜
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: