Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:56:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: (HELP) - Which are the most friendly countries for a crypto startup?  (Read 199 times)
LookingSomething (OP)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 02, 2021, 03:36:42 PM

Singapore is a good choice, but if you want to look or set up somewhere you don't know and intend to start a crypto business then you need to look carefully.

Tried to deal with an Estonia company and when I research about them on Google ends up being scammers, pretty frustrating ... Sad

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
teosanru

Activity: 2100
Merit: 618

View Profile
July 02, 2021, 05:46:34 PM

Hi there,

Kindly help me with your advice, which is the most friendly country when comes to a business startup assuming our private/pre-sell will be around ~1-3mil USD? Our project will be a utility token.

Malta is not an option as a friend told me it's on the "grey list" of the banks.

Others I found intersting: Singapore, Liechtenstein
Please advise and why you think will be good?

Many thanks in advance!

Instead of El Salvador, I would rather suggest your Estonia, it's a great country for bitcoin startups and has been quite supportive to entrepreneurs, they have strong money laundering rules and therefore they carry a good reputation in international community, unlike Malta. Another good option can always be Switzerland, they even have a sort of license for bitcoin startups as you can register yourself as fintech Startup and get some help from the government.
Do you know any company which can fast forward the legal paths? Some friends told me as well about Estonia, I think we will go with it.
No, I don't know about any company, also I would suggest don't trust just any company based on online research, better reach to some startup that already has a setup there and ask them about the legal counsel they are using for their operations, A better option is to search for a legal counsel in your own country who has some tie-ups with firms in Estonia, they generally have such arrangements especially for multinational corporations.

Just for token? Well depends on the utility itself because that utility could have different laws in the nation you are in. For example if the utility is like an exchange such as BNB for Binance then you could go with Malta or even as high as USA because it is different there. Or if your utility is buying something like lets say a teddy bear, then it becomes different and in that case asian nations have a better law there about manufacturing and selling something.

Basically it all comes down to what utility you want to deal with and there is nothing you can do that can change it, just focus on the utility and learn the laws of that utility in the nation you want to. Crypto startups are dime a dozen and you do not want to basically start a business, you want to start a token and that is very different then having say a mining business or an exchange business.
I think it's more about the complications of law and ease of doing business that startups in the blockchain domain decide to move abroad instead of setting up businesses in US and UK. Small countries are more friendly towards such startups and even provide some tax exemptions. In this era of remote accessibilty, deciding your place of business on the basis of your utility is absolutely a myth unless you are going to open a hot-dog corner.
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 1213

View Profile
July 02, 2021, 10:41:44 PM

The friendly country list for crypto startup keeps increasing with time. Based on the learning, the countries are

• Estonia
  • Singapore
  • El Salvador
  • Switzerland
  • Japan

Upon this each will be having their own law. Do your own research and find the one that'll suit for your business plan and go for it.
CryptocurencyKing

Activity: 1288
Merit: 504

View Profile
July 02, 2021, 10:57:28 PM

You can imagine every crypto enthusiast immigrating to some less or crypto accepted country like the current El-Salvador for some settlement and business set-ups or start-ups, really, would that be for the best? Or perhaps another crypto goal defeated or we can view it as some evolutionary process in the crypto space.

We watched bitcoin gradually still, changing from the original purpose which was to serve as a currency of value and now becoming a store of value for an asset.
Confining crypto investments to one nation would be another sort of this trend and it ain't a very cool one as bitcoin  is supposed to be a universally used kind of currency and not bounded by any boundaries.

Though, El-Salvador remains the most friendly country to crypto enthusiast at the moment.  The rest just view it as insecurities which is not so much.
livingfree

Activity: 2786
Merit: 578

View Profile
July 02, 2021, 11:14:34 PM

Liechtenstein is one of the countries that I want to visit and didn't know that they're crypto friendly. Why don't you pursue your start up on that country and it seems that there's not that much news about negativity for cryptocurrencies there.

Although Singapore is one of the good choices you've got, you need to consider how much does it cost to pursue your start up there. It's one of the most expensive countries to ever operate with but it's all worth it in the long term.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Oceat

Activity: 2506
Merit: 368

View Profile
July 02, 2021, 11:43:34 PM

I guess it's a big project but I have a bad feeling since you are asking it here, meaning you don't have a single clue what business you want to start. I mean you don't have a friend or someone who has a vast knowledge about crypto currency, I think it's best to find someone who has an experience before finding such places that seems impossible to happen when you are showing more of the internal information. You could actually attract a scammers if you did that.

Find someone from those recent/successful crypto business before and reach out to their profile like LinkedIn, Telegram, Discord, emails etc. This way you might find the easy way to know what country you want to startup your business.

LookingSomething (OP)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 03, 2021, 06:01:24 PM

Liechtenstein is one of the countries that I want to visit and didn't know that they're crypto friendly. Why don't you pursue your start up on that country and it seems that there's not that much news about negativity for cryptocurrencies there.

Although Singapore is one of the good choices you've got, you need to consider how much does it cost to pursue your start up there. It's one of the most expensive countries to ever operate with but it's all worth it in the long term.
Indeed, we ask many people and looks like Liechteinsten, Switzerland or Singapore.

Thanks for your opinions guys, have a great weekend ahead!
livingfree

Activity: 2786
Merit: 578

View Profile
July 03, 2021, 09:45:47 PM

Indeed, we ask many people and looks like Liechteinsten, Switzerland or Singapore.

Thanks for your opinions guys, have a great weekend ahead!
You are welcome!

Enjoy your weekends too.

Hopefully that you'll be decided on which country to operate your startup and I wish that you're going to be one of those that we're looking at right now.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Gyfts
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 1512

View Profile
July 03, 2021, 09:48:17 PM

APAC region, probably. You go into any of the larger economies, US, European countries, ect. you'll get hit with a metric ton of taxes and regulations, and the labor markets are extremely expensive. India might be something reasonable if you want dirt cheap labor costs, but their country isn't that great (too much poverty and corruption).
xSkylarx

Activity: 2352
Merit: 593

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2021, 08:59:02 AM

I will include here my country Philippines. Some businesses here and large companies are eyeing to adopt cryptocurrencies in their platform. Our popular wallet Gcash here plans to allow their users to buy, sell, and store cryptocurrencies on their wallets. We use gcash almost everyday here like paying bills, sending money, mode of payment, etc. so if they adopt crypto on their platform, this will make more people to be aware of what cryptocurrencies really are that it isn't a scam.
Dread Pirate Roberts

Activity: 1484
Merit: 326

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2021, 10:59:12 PM

El Salvador, I saw in some of articles and thread. this country provides a perma resident opportunity for entrepreneurs who are doing business in the crypto field, and it seems that the regulations there are clearly allowed in their country. maybe there are some special conditions, what type buissiness or startup that allowed there . but this country is lately often referred to as country that supporting crypto.
jostorres

Activity: 2464
Merit: 585

View Profile
July 05, 2021, 07:27:11 PM

which is the most friendly country when comes to a business startup assuming our private/pre-sell will be around ~1-3mil USD? Our project will be a utility token.

Malta is not an option as a friend told me it's on the "grey list" of the banks.

Others I found intersting: Singapore, Liechtenstein
Please advise and why you think will be good?
Some people have mentioned El Salvador, and as we all know, it has been the only country that has declared Bitcoin a legal tender. So, a lot of people are going to mention the country for sure. A country like that will be a good choice if you want to start a cryptocurrency business , but even at that I think it is very important that you also consider other things about that country before you go ahead to choose. You should look into it very well. For me I would say Singapore is a very cool place to start up a business. Singapore is the number one choice for me, and it’s good for anyone.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████