Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 09:17:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Proof of stake criticism  (Read 224 times)
TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2884
Merit: 1223

Call your grandparents and tell them you love them

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2021, 05:51:22 AM

Many criticism proof of stake maybe because we need more money to generate more block
So only people with big money can produce more block
In fact bsc and eth 2.0 is more likely masternode mechanisms rather than original PoS
It would be interesting to watch how the crypto sphere changes and moves forward in case ETH really takes up the PoS route. Masternodes, I tend to agree - I have seen what DASH has done previously and buying a DASH masternode is costly as anything even when bitcoin was not so high as it is today.

PoS is more centralized I agree. But the reason why it has gained popularity is that there are people to support it. I am not the one to decide who is right or wrong, but people are free to choose what they wish to - similar to a democracy. Fact that I consider centralized coins to be less profitable and more risky for long term does not change the opinion of others. If everyone would see decentralization as an important thing for future development, they would never even think of PoS/centralized coins.

Of Course someone will make up an article to say that PoS and centralized are not same comment.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x