Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 02:29:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: China says no to miners mean something else  (Read 655 times)
KaliLinux

Activity: 1344
Merit: 565

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2021, 01:19:25 PM

I also don't fully understand the meaning of the Chinese government's ban on Bitcoin and miners. is it possible that the Chinese government will make its own mining "state-owned enterprise"? just like when the Chinese government banned Bitcoin and then planned to create their own digital currency.
Making is own state mining enterprise I believe will be out of the question. If the Chinese government have outrightly putting a ban to Bitcoin mining in China, I don't think they will now establish there own Bitcoin mining enterprise. I think because of the negative FUD that has been happening around Bitcoin mining and energy consumption/the ecosystem, China really what's to separate itself from that FUD. Many other things could be responsible for their decision and action and somehow we might get to understand why some day.
MusaMohamed

Activity: 910
Merit: 290

View Profile
July 23, 2021, 04:45:41 PM

Making is own state mining enterprise I believe will be out of the question. If the Chinese government have outrightly putting a ban to Bitcoin mining in China, I don't think they will now establish there own Bitcoin mining enterprise
They allowed the industry to grow up in China mainland because they are aware that they can gain beneficiaries from Bitcoin mining. From selling ASICs, tax to several other things. They will lift their ban on bitcoin mining soon.

The terrible flood days ago in China can be a good evidence that this drop of hashpower can be just seasonal drop because of weather, flood, lack of energy in the nation. When the rain and flood season ends, mining in China will be back.

I think because of the negative FUD that has been happening around Bitcoin mining and energy consumption/the ecosystem, China really what's to separate itself from that FUD. Many other things could be responsible for their decision and action and somehow we might get to understand why some day.
Bitcoin mining industry globally consume less energy than many nations. End that fud.
Bitcoin mining industry uses more renewable energy than other industry. End another fud.

Q2 2021 Global Bitcoin Mining Data Review
Bitcoin Mining Council Survey Confirms Sustainable Power Mix
Bitcoin Mining network December 2019 - Coinshares

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBITCRYPTO