Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:19:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto for the homeless - California volunteer doing some good work! Check it!  (Read 187 times)
brollikk (OP)

Activity: 118
Merit: 103

View Profile
July 13, 2021, 09:23:41 PM
Merited by Haunebu (1), leea-1334 (1)

We had a volunteer buy/hand out food AND get reimbursed immediately. This is what we need more of! PM me if you want to help feed the homeless Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Zedpastin

Activity: 363
Merit: 323

Infographics save lives

View Profile
July 13, 2021, 09:37:53 PM

Good work we definitely need to see more of this around the world and not just cryptocurrency related. One thing though is that a target bag with a piece of paper stuck to it? If you are looking to get your name out there and get this movement going it might be worth investing in a more brandable way of giving it to the homeless people.
brollikk (OP)

View Profile
July 13, 2021, 10:19:19 PM

We try to keep costs really low, so we choose to just print out flyers and tape it to whatever we hand out (pizza boxes, bags, etc).
joinfree

Activity: 1246
Merit: 260

1A6nybMUHYKS6E6Z3eJFm4KpVDdev8BAJL

View Profile
July 13, 2021, 10:53:02 PM

We try to keep costs really low, so we choose to just print out flyers and tape it to whatever we hand out (pizza boxes, bags, etc).
wow, this is interesting...maybe try exposing this on crypto twitter as well and I am sure folks would buy into the idea and support it massively. Or better still join a project and support them massively. Sometimes, some projects actually give grants to support some of these voluntarily works in this space.

Crypto Enthusiast supporting innovative ideas for the Liberalization of the world from the Centralized Institutions.
bitterguy28

Activity: 2002
Merit: 175

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2021, 01:48:21 AM

are you planning to accept volunteer in Asia ? or at least other continent aside from America?

you are working really hard to   Help homeless at least feeding them for a day os one good thing for survival .

brollikk (OP)

View Profile
July 14, 2021, 03:31:57 AM

are you planning to accept volunteer in Asia ? or at least other continent aside from America?

you are working really hard to   Help homeless at least feeding them for a day os one good thing for survival .

yes, we are accepting help from anywhere in the world. We actually had some people from Korea help us (check out the blog). If you can print out the flyers, take pictures of everything including the receipt, buy/hand out food - we will reimburse all food. Let me know if you're really serious about it!
DapanasFruit

Activity: 1204
Merit: 49

Binance #Smart World Global Token

View Profile
July 14, 2021, 05:21:08 AM

yes, we are accepting help from anywhere in the world. We actually had some people from Korea help us (check out the blog). If you can print out the flyers, take pictures of everything including the receipt, buy/hand out food - we will reimburse all food. Let me know if you're really serious about it!

I am sure that this idea can be adopted anywhere and if there can be homeless in a developed country like USA how much more in less-developed countries like in Asia. Here in my country, the ongoing pandemic pushed a lot of people to poverty. But I am a strong believer in a band-aid type of work...as I prefer development type of helping people get on their knees so they can do the fishing again. Are you open to this idea?

╓                                        SWG.io  ⁞ Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.13                                        ╖
║         〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 ◊ ICOHOLDER ⁞ 4.45 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙        ║
╙                  ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY  NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹                  ╜
Kong Hey Pakboy

Activity: 1120
Merit: 68

View Profile
July 14, 2021, 05:27:03 AM

Maybe if there's a possibility that you can secure a cheap way to print it in paper bags, that can help you a lot becauuse you don't have to spend too much on tape and paper since the container for the food has the QR codes. I hope that you will expand to the entire state and hopefully international.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
davis196

Activity: 2968
Merit: 906

View Profile
July 14, 2021, 06:33:51 AM

This looks like a great project.
I think that this forum thread belongs to the Project development or Service announcement forums,but it will get more views in the Bitcoin discussion forum anyway.
Charity is a great thing,but I do believe that those homeless people need serious help from the government,so they could get a job and put their shit together,instead of getting a bunch of food for free.This type of charity doesn't solve the problem.Give a poor man a fish and he will eat once.Teach him how to fish and he will never be hungry again.

zanezane

Activity: 868
Merit: 150

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
July 14, 2021, 06:57:58 AM

This looks like a great project.
I think that this forum thread belongs to the Project development or Service announcement forums,but it will get more views in the Bitcoin discussion forum anyway.
Charity is a great thing,but I do believe that those homeless people need serious help from the government,so they could get a job and put their shit together,instead of getting a bunch of food for free.This type of charity doesn't solve the problem.Give a poor man a fish and he will eat once.Teach him how to fish and he will never be hungry again.
I agree and everyone in my opinion should probably chip in some of their coins no matter how small although I sound like a hypocritical there because I am not doing any form of donation but I don't think that it's a bad idea. Probably we can even persuade @theymos to chip in with the forum funds. I think that there's more than just giving food, I think that this is enough help for them because it's not like this is a big organization.

goldade

Activity: 896
Merit: 104

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
July 14, 2021, 08:45:40 AM

This is a very interesting piece of news and one that concerns every bitcoin user around the globe. I also believe that much more than our donations, our availability matters the most because without volunteers, there's no way the money amassed would be put to use.
Someone mentioned earlier that you should put this out on Twitter. I do agree with that because there is a very high chance of getting enthusiastic people joining the team and helping to reach the goal.

Haunebu

Activity: 3052
Merit: 969

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
July 14, 2021, 09:03:59 AM

Love seeing this kind of stuff op. We need more positivity in this world. It's great to see crypto being promoted in this manner for a good initiative. These are just drops, but drops collectively form an ocean over time.

This type of charity doesn't solve the problem.Give a poor man a fish and he will eat once.Teach him how to fish and he will never be hungry again.
Agreed. This is the best way to help them move on in their lives instead of depending on others to survive.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
randegibran

Activity: 882
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 15, 2021, 05:17:12 AM

this is something that has attracted.the attention.of the bitcoin world, what they have done in helping.the homeless really makes us proud of the achievements.they have made in helping.others, especially what is done by bitcoin business people, and we hope to be a good example for others.to follow.imitated by other investors to always do good to others.especially for people who need our helping.hand
leea-1334

Activity: 2240
Merit: 953

Temporary forum vacation

View Profile
July 15, 2021, 07:00:13 AM

God bless OP, but please just make sure you ask them if you can take the photo. Better still for me,,, take a photo of them sitting with you and eating the food together. I know this is a good thing but it is nicer to just have proof that the food is given and no need to take photos of them getting the bag. Homeless people may not be able to say no:)

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....

Btcvilla

Activity: 1078
Merit: 270

View Profile
July 15, 2021, 02:24:22 PM

what cryptocurrencies.do is very good and useful for others.in helping.the homeless in all fields.for this it is very appropriate to be an.example for other investors.in the world to help each other, so that we can understand its importance.for us.in sharing among.others that can establish.our closeness.with the homeless because our helping.hand is very helpful.for them.to survive under the poverty.line
maju69

Activity: 1008
Merit: 104

View Profile
July 15, 2021, 03:52:38 PM

a very nice activity for us to emulate where we live. So that way at least we can give someone relief to meet the necessities of life. There needs to be a crypto institution that must empower activities like this in every environment where any kind of donation is very important during the ongoing pandemic in several countries. We certainly really support this kind of charity.

brollikk (OP)

View Profile
July 16, 2021, 01:55:31 AM

God bless OP, but please just make sure you ask them if you can take the photo. Better still for me,,, take a photo of them sitting with you and eating the food together. I know this is a good thing but it is nicer to just have proof that the food is given and no need to take photos of them getting the bag. Homeless people may not be able to say no:)

that is not a bad idea at all. I may do something like this coming up. Thanks!
leea-1334

Activity: 2240
Merit: 953

Temporary forum vacation

View Profile
July 16, 2021, 09:01:23 AM

that is not a bad idea at all. I may do something like this coming up. Thanks!

You are welcome:) It is important to remember that all these guys are people just like us,,, and sometimes because of their bad situation, they may feel forced to do something they would rather not (like getting their pictures shared). I think it is great work you do but we can also still portray them as people just like us. So good to see Bitcoin doing good as usual.