Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 11:28:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can 1660 go down to 50watt range  (Read 199 times)
Skinny48 (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 18

View Profile
July 13, 2021, 07:05:02 AM

What is the lowest power consumption for gtx1660 non TI non Super? Ti and Super can do 70watts at 30-32MH but I seen pictures of people using 1660 to get 27MH @65watt, is this true? Pls drop me config if you can I need to go the lowest power consumption possible

elda34b

Activity: 910
Merit: 351

View Profile
July 13, 2021, 08:41:54 AM

Maybe you can share your current settings first. It should be possible with some core undervolt and memory overvolt, as most overclocking and power saving.

Btw, if you already know some people can achieve that, can't you just ask them directly?
Bravehash

Activity: 196
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 13, 2021, 10:05:06 AM

Do research on Trex absolute core clock, also using Trex to overclock and down clock works better than MSI afterburner, you can also lower voltage too, go on YouTube there are few video about this on there

HardCore12V

Activity: 223
Merit: 13

View Profile
July 13, 2021, 01:00:39 PM

I think it's possible, there are proves on Reddit about people getting around 25-27 MH with 50-65 watt using gtx1660, I bought 10 pieces of this cards already from China and I expect them to get here this week, I will see what I can get out of them

Here is another prove

FP91G
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1042

View Profile
July 14, 2021, 03:45:32 PM

What is the lowest power consumption for gtx1660 non TI non Super? Ti and Super can do 70watts at 30-32MH but I seen pictures of people using 1660 to get 27MH @65watt, is this true? Pls drop me config if you can I need to go the lowest power consumption possible
It all depends on the memory of the video card and its temperature. The cooling system can consume 10-15 watts.
I do not have these video cards, but see the reviews of the miners for each model. There is a massive sale of video cards in China, so keep in mind that the seller can beautify the real data. Consumption must be measured from the wall using a multimeter and not through software.
TheMimic1

Activity: 252
Merit: 13

View Profile
July 14, 2021, 04:35:41 PM

It all depends on the memory of the video card and its temperature. The cooling system can consume 10-15 watts.
I do not have these video cards, but see the reviews of the miners for each model. There is a massive sale of video cards in China, so keep in mind that the seller can beautify the real data. Consumption must be measured from the wall using a multimeter and not through software.
Don't be fooled, even Chinese online stores like Alibaba and AliExpress have no GPU for sale at any price close to MSRP, it's all fake new and I've just bought some GPU from China days ago, there is no cheap GPU out there unless you are buying in bulks from those Chinese miners

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀     ITSMYNE     ▀▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Social-plus NFT marketplace for official sports NFTs
[      t w i t t e r      ]  [    t e l e g r a m    ]  [   i n s t a g r a m   ]  [      d i s c o r d      ]
FP91G
Legendary

View Profile
July 15, 2021, 03:36:06 PM

Don't be fooled, even Chinese online stores like Alibaba and AliExpress have no GPU for sale at any price close to MSRP, it's all fake new and I've just bought some GPU from China days ago, there is no cheap GPU out there unless you are buying in bulks from those Chinese miners
I do not buy from China because in my country you need to pay tax: 15% of the price of goods and a long wait for delivery.
I advise everyone to start shopping in local markets or neighboring countries, where there are no taxes and fast delivery works.
And for cheap, no one will sell good video cards while there is still demand for them.
Taifuuni

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 15, 2021, 09:27:18 PM

I have an Asus GeForce GTX 1660 Phoenix OC running with Trex miner and following settings: --lock-cclock 1320 --lock-cv 750 --mclock 925 --fan 90

I get 27,22 Mh/s with 58 watts (478 kH/W).

https://i.imgur.com/dEaFoca.png
P00P135

Activity: 1123
Merit: 136

View Profile
July 15, 2021, 11:40:36 PM

Looper_U

Activity: 369
Merit: 16

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
July 16, 2021, 12:49:15 PM

I'm surprised cos I've never seen a micron memory GPU performs this efficiency, all gtx1660 I have are Samsung and hynix and the lowest watt I got out of them is around 67watts to 70watts, getting 51watt out of yours is really impressive 👍

P00P135

View Profile
July 16, 2021, 02:05:19 PM

I'm surprised cos I've never seen a micron memory GPU performs this efficiency, all gtx1660 I have are Samsung and hynix and the lowest watt I got out of them is around 67watts to 70watts, getting 51watt out of yours is really impressive 👍

Thanks to HiveOS new absolute core clock.  They used to run 70w, but I have 24 of these msi GPU's in 2 rigs that all run 50-55w at 26.2MH/s.
Skinny48 (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 18

View Profile
July 16, 2021, 03:40:47 PM

Thanks to HiveOS new absolute core clock.  They used to run 70w, but I have 24 of these msi GPU's in 2 rigs that all run 50-55w at 26.2MH/s.
Hive OS doesn't own absolute core clock I believe that belongs to mining softwares like T-rex and phoenix miner and yes it thus work well for gtx1660, 1650, 1660super and Ti, there have been report of 1660 super users getting 65watt @31MH using absolute core clock too

FP91G
Legendary

View Profile
July 16, 2021, 08:56:41 PM

I have an Asus GeForce GTX 1660 Phoenix OC running with Trex miner and following settings: --lock-cclock 1320 --lock-cv 750 --mclock 925 --fan 90

I'm already tired of writing about it. This is only the consumption of 1 core. There is also memory consumption, consumption of the cooling system, energy consumption for heating the video card and the efficiency of the power supply.
It is necessary to measure the consumption from the wall using a multimeter.
First, measure the consumption of the motherboard without video cards, and then the total consumption.
P00P135

View Profile
July 16, 2021, 11:37:17 PM

Thanks to HiveOS new absolute core clock.  They used to run 70w, but I have 24 of these msi GPU's in 2 rigs that all run 50-55w at 26.2MH/s.
Hive OS doesn't own absolute core clock I believe that belongs to mining softwares like T-rex and phoenix miner and yes it thus work well for gtx1660, 1650, 1660super and Ti, there have been report of 1660 super users getting 65watt @31MH using absolute core clock too

No one "owns" being able to set the core clock its just a new feature on Hive.
Gorosden

Activity: 518
Merit: 30

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
July 17, 2021, 08:13:07 PM

I'm already tired of writing about it. This is only the consumption of 1 core. There is also memory consumption, consumption of the cooling system, energy consumption for heating the video card and the efficiency of the power supply.
First, measure the consumption of the motherboard without video cards, and then the total consumption.
This is already noted and you don't have to talk about it over again, the fact is Nvidia cards are more energy efficiency than AMD, if a Nvidia card shows 50watts on miner it will be 60watts from wall which worth it by far, AMD is on another level when measured from the wall with watt meter

FP91G
Legendary

View Profile
July 17, 2021, 08:46:37 PM

This is already noted and you don't have to talk about it over again, the fact is Nvidia cards are more energy efficiency than AMD, if a Nvidia card shows 50watts on miner it will be 60watts from wall which worth it by far, AMD is on another level when measured from the wall with watt meter
RX6800XT give 60 megahash when consuming 120 watts from the wall or 64 megahash when consuming 130 watts from the wall.
The power efficiency of a video card is highly dependent on the mining algorithm.
The issue of energy efficiency arises when you have a limited electricity consumption limit or you have very expensive electricity. In other cases, miners look at the profit of video cards.
And I always recommend taking measurements with a multimeter from wall,
to make sure you set everything up correctly.
HashingTower

Activity: 285
Merit: 11

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
July 18, 2021, 03:49:29 PM

I do not buy from China because in my country you need to pay tax: 15% of the price of goods and a long wait for delivery.
I advise everyone to start shopping in local markets or neighboring countries, where there are no taxes and fast delivery works.
And for cheap, no one will sell good video cards while there is still demand for them.

Things doesn't work this way in my own country, if you aren't ready to ship your GPU from Amazon or AliExpress you will be paying more if you want to buy GPU in local stores here, way too overpriced so that's why someone like me prefer buying cards out of the country

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: