Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:59:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Overwritten wallet dat files..any solution to it. Does magnetic force microscope work
What ro do next - 0 (0%)
What to do next - 4 (100%)
Total Voters: 4

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Overwritten wallet.dat files  (Read 206 times)
japanese2212 (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 4

View Profile
July 19, 2021, 01:16:06 PM

Hi . I have several overwritten wallet.dat files. I mined bitcoin back in 2011 and had several wallet dat files. Unfortunately i deleted it 7 years ago thinking it might be some short of music or infected files. After many years i tried recovering few deleted files frkm my external hard disk and i came across all these files too.. i tried to recover then only to realise they have been overwritten by some music files. Is there any solution to solve it or repair these files. Does magnetic force magnetic work in repairing or fully recovering these files to their original state.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
joniboini
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1789

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2021, 01:35:10 PM

I think your last option is to ask for professional assistance. But judging from how it sounds, there's a high chance that the data has been overwritten many times and recovery is no longer possible. I won't hope too much if I were you, even if the file can be recovered, the data is probably corrupted.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 2942

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2021, 01:37:09 PM
Last edit: July 19, 2021, 02:05:14 PM by BitMaxz

If it was already been overwritten it would be hard to recover those files you have a low chance to recover them.

You can try to use a disk drill it's a well-known tool for recovering overwritten files. I don't know if it can recover the wallet.dat file but you can try just make sure to make a clone of your HDD you can use any tool for cloning like Clonezilla or disk genius.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
kaggie

Activity: 333
Merit: 506

View Profile
July 19, 2021, 02:23:20 PM
Merited by vapourminer (1), ABCbits (1), nakamura12 (1), NotATether (1)

The bitcoin core only allows to create new addresses. How can i add my old bitcoin address in the bitcoin core. Also why does electrum wallet does not take old 2009 bitcoin private key. Do i have to change it to some other format. The wallet was mined in feb 2009. Please help. Cheers.
Japs

Hi . I have several overwritten wallet.dat files. I mined bitcoin back in 2011 and had several wallet dat files. Unfortunately i deleted it 7 years ago thinking it might be some short of music or infected files. After many years i tried recovering few deleted files frkm my external hard disk and i came across all these files too.. i tried to recover then only to realise they have been overwritten by some music files. Is there any solution to solve it or repair these files. Does magnetic force magnetic work in repairing or fully recovering these files to their original state.

Hi i have a walet file saved in from 2014. It was from Bitcoin wallet. I have a feeling the copy of it might have been stolen and someone could have changed the password as my email back then got hacked and i didnt bother much afterward as someone did change the password as i had written jn the saved email. But suddenly going through my old cds i came accross my wallet.dat file. I still remember the password . I just want help how can i open it offline or will it open using my old password without connecting it to the network. I am hoping to take my private key out and usebit in electrum to retrive my old coins.Please help. Cheers. Jap

No. Whatever you claim to have mined in 2009  2011 2014 would be impossible to recover if it was overwritten.

Fun story though.
japanese2212 (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 4

View Profile
July 19, 2021, 02:32:28 PM

Well some dates i did change but its not fun. 2009 i do have the rpivate key but others file i somehow deleeted it. If you think its s fun story no problemo... but if you log in to bitcoindormant addresses the 345 and 2 belows are my address..which mean one cragi wright claims starting 12ibd is also mine...i am on a long journey backward to find files which were either written in some places like walls or on  furnitures...most possibly i wont find them but its worth trying...having said that those 5 files were worth 5 billion in march...now thats a lot of money considering i havent touched it for many years...for 2009 the address starts with 198a = 8000 bitcoin...will empty by next month.....
kaggie

Activity: 333
Merit: 506

View Profile
July 19, 2021, 02:48:21 PM
Last edit: July 21, 2021, 03:20:10 AM by kaggie

Well some dates i did change but its not fun. 2009 i do have the rpivate key but others file i somehow deleeted it. If you think its s fun story no problemo... but if you log in to bitcoindormant addresses the 345 and 2 belows are my address..which mean one cragi wright claims starting 12ibd is also mine...i am on a long journey backward to find files which were either written in some places like walls or on  furnitures...most possibly i wont find them but its worth trying...having said that those 5 files were worth 5 billion in march...now thats a lot of money considering i havent touched it for many years...for 2009 the address starts with 198a = 8000 bitcoin...will empty by next month.....

Claiming a Feb 2009 address, and one of the most valuable dormant addresses?

I very highly doubt that 198aMn6ZYAczwrE5NvNTUMyJ5qkfy4g3Hi will be empty next month.
BASE16

Activity: 180
Merit: 38

View Profile
July 20, 2021, 03:55:02 PM
Merited by vapourminer (1)

If it was found as wallet.dat then what you found was an entry to a location on the disk in a partition table and not the actual wallet.
The actual wallet will be found and recognized by it's header as a .db file this is a Berkeley Binary Tree database file.
So it's a good idea to examine that drive in raw mode on the byte level.  
Look for the actual .db files by header and not for the filenames (like wallet.dat)
BASE16

Activity: 180
Merit: 38

View Profile
July 21, 2021, 11:11:37 AM

If you want your funds to be snatched by a stranger and then have them tell you that it's unrecoverable then you should do what most dumber members suggest and seek external help and give it all away.

TRUST NO ONE.

Carefully think yourself if it would be a good idea to take a drive containing 8000 BTC and just handing it over to a stranger.
It doesn't take a rocket scientist to conclude that whoever suggests such a thing won't rank high on the IQ tables and their advice should be professionally tossed aside quickly before something really bad is going to happen.
Btcspot

Activity: 186
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 21, 2021, 06:38:30 PM

Hi I might can help you with it. We charge small fee 8% of total wallet. We are cheaper then most. You can email me here: Superbit1@protonmail.com
We will try to do the best honest work.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: