Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 11:21:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Beginner Dilemma] What's the truth? Confidence/Arrogance  (Read 127 times)
Magicalking (OP)

Activity: 378
Merit: 135

View Profile
August 02, 2021, 01:49:31 PM

I see people who find their voice only in a crowd because they know they cannot be singled out from the crowd. Sometimes it is cowardice masquerading as confidence. Bitcointalk is an online community and we might never get to know one another in person.
I was a newbie two months ago and quickly earned enough merits to become member. I had a push from generous members who merited my posts. I was proud of my achievements, my confidence level shot through the roof. I made some comments I'm not proud of. I thought I was being sure of myself and didn't realise how arrogant I was. I'm sharing this here because somebody may be in that same place and needs help.
Arrogance is an assumption of ability not tested. It takes years (activity) of hard work to achieve a goal. Achievement (Rank) help your confidence grow and acts as a fulcrum.
Where does confidence become arrogance? Is confidence an arrogance?Are they all in the same tangent? Are they one and the same? Can confidence grow to become arrogance. Is the dependent on the receiver or giver? Where do we shut the door?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Maxine4466

Activity: 29
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 02, 2021, 02:54:40 PM

Good. You are really efficient. You can get so many merits in just two months. It seems that I not only need to work hard on the quality of the posts, but also need to increase the number of my posts. In this way, it is possible to get more merits. Improve your level. But my main purpose is to learn in the forum. Merit is not so important to me when I came here. Congratulations.
Upgrade00
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 2172

Professional Community manager

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2021, 03:12:21 PM

but also need to increase the number of my posts. In this way, it is possible to get more merits.
Increasing the number of your posts does not put you in a better position to get merits, only the quality of your posts matter. Making the effort to post more than you can, could even be counter productive, reducing the quality of your posts as you are trying to create more.

Posting naturally is one of the best methods to maintain quality, reason why most campaigns either put a low post requirement or no requirement at all, allowing members posts the way they can.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Magicalking (OP)

Activity: 378
Merit: 135

View Profile
August 02, 2021, 04:36:48 PM

Good. You are really efficient. You can get so many merits in just two months. It seems that I not only need to work hard on the quality of the posts, but also need to increase the number of my posts. In this way, it is possible to get more merits. Improve your level. But my main purpose is to learn in the forum. Merit is not so important to me when I came here. Congratulations.
You didn't answer any of my questions. I didn't get merits because of the quantity of my posts. No one is here for the merits
lovesmayfamilis
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 4271

✿♥‿♥✿

View Profile
August 02, 2021, 04:42:16 PM

You probably need to separate the two.
What does it mean to be confident on the forum? A confident person is calm, competent in the questions to which he answers, and can prove it. But there should be a limit to everything, sometimes confidence turns into self-confidence. And then a person can break.

What does arrogance mean? Arrogant people are not always the ones they are trying to impersonate. If we proceed from the forum, then not always high ranks, they know and understand in some matters more than ordinary beginners. But from the fact that they hide behind high ranks, they create a shell of greatness.
Therefore, I would not even compare these two concepts. Since confidence implies friendship, help, compassion. Arrogance is criticism, accusation, and self-defense against one's own weakness.

I repeat that it is good to be confident using positive qualities. But it's scary if you become overconfident because many mistakes are made at this time.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
skarais
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 2095

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2021, 04:43:37 PM

I see people who find their voice only in a crowd because they know they cannot be singled out from the crowd. Sometimes it is cowardice masquerading as confidence. Bitcointalk is an online community and we might never get to know one another in person.
Don't be afraid to express yourself and knowledge here in the right way because this is basically what can tell which users are really interested in knowledge and which users are interested in money. Maybe it's not wrong to get to know each other between forum users. But I don't think I should do it just for privacy and I think other popular users will say the same.

Where does confidence become arrogance? Is confidence an arrogance?Are they all in the same tangent? Are they one and the same? Can confidence grow to become arrogance. Is the dependent on the receiver or giver? Where do we shut the door?
Be a useful user and I think it's okay if you get a little cocky when needed. What is certain is that all of us have different characters in expressing ourselves.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
Kontibruno

Activity: 54
Merit: 4

View Profile
August 02, 2021, 05:48:39 PM

Confidence comes from experience one gets from successfully achieving set goals over time. The more successful you are in executing tasks and achieving your set target, the more confident you get.

However, this confidence can easily turn to arrogance if you allow pride to take over. Once you mix pride and confidence, the result is that you will see yourself as being infallible. Nobody knows it better than you do and you would no longer have patience for anyone who does not know it as much as you do. Even those who are supposed to know better than you do will no longer look smart to you. That is what arrogance does.

Confidence+humility+respect= better knowledge and more growth.
hatshepsut93
Legendary

Activity: 2954
Merit: 2145

View Profile
August 02, 2021, 11:12:54 PM

I was proud of my achievements, my confidence level shot through the roof. I made some comments I'm not proud of. I thought I was being sure of myself and didn't realise how arrogant I was.

What sort of comment was you not proud of? Was is some mistakes with technical knowledge? If so, that's absolutely normal to sometimes make such mistakes, I've seen even high-rank members sometimes do it. As long as it's not a habit, there's no big problem here.

.BEST.CHANGE..███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Oceat

Activity: 2506
Merit: 368

View Profile
August 02, 2021, 11:48:22 PM

Too much confidence may lead you to become an arrogant person and what exactly is the connection of it during your newbie days?

Anyway, it's better to stay neutral rather than boasting but if you have some knowledge that you believe you need to share then that's not boasting. Although, I know some may find it that way but let them think whatevet they want to think as long as you are contributing to the community that would help them to grow especially with those newbies then you are not boasting to be called an arrogant.

During my newbie days I struggle a lot understanding different topics each board but with the help of the internet I somehow conquer the right knowledge and be confident about it.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: