Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 06:38:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Could this be a new way trade crypto? Particl Decentralised Marketplace  (Read 42 times)
No_2 (OP)

Activity: 901
Merit: 1031

BTC: the beginning of stake-based public resources

View Profile
September 30, 2021, 06:53:27 AM

I’ve been following the Particl decentralised marketplace project for about seven years now, I think its taken so long because it's a truly decentralised technology. Yesterday it launched its decentralised marketplace - https://particl.io/downloads/.

How is this relevant to trading? Because the beta of the marketplace which ran a while back for around a year ended up being used as a decentralised exchange of sorts. Coins were being traded for other coins via fixed listings.

I know availability of lesser coins on exchanges has been an issues for the community, so this could provide another way to buy and sell, and because it’s truly decentralised there is an argument it’s more secure and reliable than a centralised exchange. There is no middle man, no website, the eBay style interface is built into the wallet and all transactions are protected by Mutually Assured Destruction (MAD) escrow. that insures buyers and sellers don't get scammed.

The entire Particl decentralised marketplace runs off of the native currency called PART and all trades have to go via PART, so for example an ETH to BTC trade would need to go via the following route ETH > PART then PART > BTC.

A listing for XCH coin appeared yesterday when it lanced. You can also buy and sell more every day items like the stuff you would find on eBay and Amazon, and other things like NFTs. If you want to see what's for sale on the marketplace you need to install and run the wallet.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: