Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 11:47:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BIP38 python problem  (Read 898 times)
larry_vw_1955 (OP)

Activity: 1050
Merit: 362

View Profile
October 14, 2021, 10:28:00 AM

I'm still trying to figure out one anomoly though. I can't really say more about it YET.
One big benefit of making the source code open is that you can ask others (who are familiar with the programming language you used and the topic such as cryptography here) look at your code and help you improve or fix the bugs it contains.

I woulldn't want to subject someone to have to read through my code it is surely not polished. As well, this is a very strange thing that just kind of popped up. It was very unexpected but I'm trying to take a look into it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
larry_vw_1955 (OP)

Activity: 1050
Merit: 362

View Profile
October 24, 2021, 08:34:30 AM

One big benefit of making the source code open is that you can ask others (who are familiar with the programming language you used and the topic such as cryptography here) look at your code and help you improve or fix the bugs it contains.

Yeah there's alot of open source python packages you can install the problem is they get broken or simply don't work. And the sad truth is it's often just alot easier to code up your own thing than to try and figure out why their's is not working since alot of times, those packages had other dependancies and the errors that are being thrown have to do with those dependencies. I call that software bloat and it's ugly.

And the thing about it is, even the ones that do work, you always run the risk that something in them will break if they stop being maintained and then you have to try and figure out how to fix it or just code your own. It wouldnt be so bad if they didn't install a bazillion dependencies that are themselves complex projects in their own right when it's really not even necessary lol.

it makes me wonder if some of these programmers even really understand what they are doing. you wouldn't need to rely on other packages so heavily if you really know how to program something. not in every case. i find i am getting the best bang for my buck by building up a library of tools that don't have these huge complicated dependencies on unnecessary glitz and glamour.
 but i guess everyone can do their own thing.

this epiphany comes to me as I had tried installing and utilizing a simple passphrase generator. you would think that would be a simple thing that couldn't go wrong...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: