Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 02:47:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [pre-ANN] Help refining a token concept to reshape communities  (Read 33 times)
Libertyrebel21 (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 27, 2021, 04:46:26 AM

Im new here

I have no intentions of advertising a new coin/token, Im here from my research leading me to post here to put the idea to the fire.

I believe we are in a critical shift in all of our lives. The banks (few families) have controlled the finances of the many for as long as we know

Decentralized finance has opened a window for many quick sands to be escaped, but the one I want to focus on is systemic oppression.

Red lining and denial of funding has restricted many along with drug epidemics potentially doing more damage than most known history records

In inner cities, there has always been buying power because at its lowest denomination it boils down to energy, which everyone gives off, but the biggest problem is that "energy is siphoned and never circulates in the community to allow for growth .

I believe that Cryptocurrencies or tokens rather, presents a unique opportunity combined with smart contracts to not only allow communities an opportunity to have equity in the neighborhoods, but also for the businesses that work there to not have to change anything but still contribute by utilizing a "new token economy"

I along with 9 other close friends from my childhood community created a token that utilizes a smart contract that charges a 10% transaction fee, from that fee:

5% contributes to a liquidity pool, acting to stabilized price maturity as well as reinforcing growth
3% is redistributed equally across all token holders, whether business owners or just members of the community
1% is burned automatically to strengthen the value of tokens held
1% is allocated for community projects and development

in this town there is roughly 65k people with a median income of just under 40k annually, giving the buying power of the community give or take just under a billion. The idea is that if we can engineer an Osmosis through smart contracts, one hand can wash the other, meaning the businesses that make money in the neighborhood regardless if they spend it there or not, would still work in the token within the neighborhood and would have to liquidate out of the token with a 10% fee enacted, effectively recirculating and setting the community up to win. And as the transaction volume increases with community confidence in the token, all who hold the token would for once see there holdings appreciate along with more money being spent locally, instead of at big corp stores

Long term the idea is to associate the holdings with a visa/mastercard debit to allow everyday purchases not only in the neighborhood, but anywhere visa and mastercard are accepted, which is virtually anywhere, effectively reinforcing the HODL philosophy and accelerating the price appreciation of the token

This I believe is a threat to the current institutions, especially when you think of the potential of flash loans being implemented in a creative way where traditional gatekeepers are eliminated , and bigger opportunities for growth and community development grows

For the most part, thats the big gist of it! taking back equity in our own energy/buying power and providing better economic opportunities through Defi before the government shuts it down with the digital dollar. Looking forward to constructive opinions, Slice it up if there are holes in the theory!

Thanks everyone in advance

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: