Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 08:33:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Price Crashes in History  (Read 249 times)
sana54210
Legendary

Activity: 3178
Merit: 1128

View Profile
August 09, 2021, 06:20:37 PM

2017 definitely pulled back a ton even while rising overall.   It was the lows not the highs that indicated something special was building, to cling onto the highs will be a rocky ride as it will always sell off and sometimes in a harsh way.
keep most of them till 2030.

That would be a proper investment time frame, thats only about 8 clear years worth which is long term hold but not abnormal investment wise.   People who say invest but need to sell in months to pay off some bill are speculating on leverage and the market taxes these people with its volatility so they do miss the bigger gains in the flush out or pullback sells.   BTC does rise very strongly sometimes but it pulls back so often that has to be accounted for as quite normal and to be expected, if we didnt pullback it would make BTC weaker and volume would be lower I think.
Considering my aim is to retire with crypto investments I make (which could be a day, or a century who knows?) I really applaud anyone who is doing the same, waiting until 2030 is a great idea. I personally want to have enough money to retire so that I do my current job a lot easier, I still like doing it because it is both a job and a hobby for me, it allows me to actually do what I like to do in my spare time but also earn money from it.

However that doesn't mean that I do not want a lot of money neither, have a lot of money in your bank account (or in this case crypto wallet) and still keep working if you want to, if you hate your job then everyone would love to retire and never work. It is basically just a key for you to open the doors to freedom, what you will do with that freedom depends on you and what is your desire after you gain it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708

View Profile
August 09, 2021, 08:31:43 PM

I don't think its accurate since 2021 isn't over yet. However in 2020, bitcoin did crash to almost $3K. I think the low was like $4K on Coinbase but $3.5K on some futures and derivative exchanges.

However you need to realise that it can't go up forever, sure it can have a low of $30,000 however most likely even in 5 years or so, I don't think it having a low of $300,000 is sustainable. Maybe it might peak one of these years somewhere in the 6 figures however with the amount of people holding bitcoin, I don't think its possible to trade sideways in the $500,000-$1,000,000 price for a long time. Going to be too much sell pressure.

Many people already know about crypto now. So say some old adopter want to sell 1 BTC, currently its $45000. Usually retail will buy maybe 5-10% of that. So 10-20 new retail people will pay for 1 BTC that someone is selling.

However if price is $450,000, then it means for 1 person holding 1 BTC and wanting to sell, there would need to be 100-200 new retail people who are going to absorb all that selling pressure. I don't think its sustainable.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
UnDerDoG81
Legendary

Activity: 2179
Merit: 1201

View Profile
August 09, 2021, 10:15:41 PM

Despite the bullishness recently, I still think that we're potentially headed further down before an uptrend.

The fundamentals are obviously here but timing wise, this doesn't seem to be matching up with a bull period. We are still quite some time away from the next halving event, which will be in 2024 and the ultimate driver for the bull market.

I suspect that we'll see prices correct down to $20-30k and consolidate there for a bit after this current rally, before launching the next bullish move.

So you are saying we had our market top of this cycle at 64k and this right now is a death cat bounce and we soon head back to 20-30k until 2025 for the next run? So if this run was a "massive" 3x from last ATH to only 64k, the run in 2025 could be up to 70-80k? Because each run we have a lower X factor?
rahmatrf331

Activity: 588
Merit: 12

https://i.imgur.com/3fXQC4m.png

View Profile
August 11, 2021, 05:21:10 AM

I don't think its accurate since 2021 isn't over yet. However in 2020, bitcoin did crash to almost $3K. I think the low was like $4K on Coinbase but $3.5K on some futures and derivative exchanges.

However you need to realise that it can't go up forever, sure it can have a low of $30,000 however most likely even in 5 years or so, I don't think it having a low of $300,000 is sustainable. Maybe it might peak one of these years somewhere in the 6 figures however with the amount of people holding bitcoin, I don't think its possible to trade sideways in the $500,000-$1,000,000 price for a long time. Going to be too much sell pressure.

Many people already know about crypto now. So say some old adopter want to sell 1 BTC, currently its $45000. Usually retail will buy maybe 5-10% of that. So 10-20 new retail people will pay for 1 BTC that someone is selling.

However if price is $450,000, then it means for 1 person holding 1 BTC and wanting to sell, there would need to be 100-200 new retail people who are going to absorb all that selling pressure. I don't think its sustainable.

for now or this year the value of 1 btc at a price of $ 45,000 looks very large because we measure the price of $ 1 with the current currency value. in 2024 the value of 1 btc for $ 45,000 is very low, because the value of the currency is falling every day or in other terms inflation occurs in a country. so for 1 btc for $450,000 based on my prediction it's reasonable and not crazy.

▀█████▄▀██▄▀█▄          H   E   L   E   N   A          ▀▄▀             501,652% APY             ▄█▀▄██▀▄█████▀
▀██▄                  |        TWITTER        |      TELEGRAM      |        DISCORD        |                  ▄██▀
▀█▄        The Best in Space Auto-Compounding DeFi 3.0 Protocol on BSC        ▄█▀
Obito

Activity: 1274
Merit: 293

View Profile
August 11, 2021, 06:26:52 AM

In BItcoin investment, the holder is the winner. I'm sure in the next few years the price of Bitcoin will continue to rise and even create new records. Therefore, when the price of bitcoin drops, the best step is to buy and store it for at least the next 4 years.
I do hope that it's going to be the case because I really want to hodl as much bitcoin up until my designated price shows up which is really high and it's a good thing because I can easily hodl without giving in to the temptations that are part of hodling. I plan to buy more but I don't have enough money to make some decent profit in the future.
Findingnemo

Activity: 2310
Merit: 757

Bitcoin = Financial freedom

View Profile
August 11, 2021, 05:14:29 PM

Negative people only see the crashes but positive people see the opportunity to make money while investing when the price crashes and be patient until the next phase of bull run begins. In the next cycle people will be speculating that price of BTC crashed below 100K so never ever invest on it. Roll Eyes

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
View ArchiveReport to moderator
pauloaragaomelo

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 11, 2021, 07:12:06 PM

I do hope that it's going to be the case because I really want to hodl as much bitcoin up until my designated price shows up which is really high and it's a good thing because I can easily hodl without giving in to the temptations that are part of hodling. I plan to buy more but I don't have enough money to make some decent profit in the future.
You can make bitcoin purchases according to your finances and increase your balance on trading and deposit money for long term bitcoin investment. After the review you have a good way of trading with self-control against the volatility of the cryptocurrency market.

███▄▄
                  █████▄
                   ▀██▀▀▄██▄
                   ▀███▄▄▀███
                     ▀████▄▀▀ ▄
         ▄▄▄█▄▄ ▀█████▄ ▀██▄ ███
     ▄▄██████████▀▀██████ ▀█████
   ▄██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▄▀█ ▀
 ▄█▀█▄███▄██████▀ ███████▄▄  ▀▀█▄▄▄
████▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀██▄▄▄▄ ██▄▀▀███▄▄
                   ▄███▀█▄██ ▀███▄▄▀▀█▀▀
                   ▀█▀ ████▀   ████ ▄ ▀███▄
                  ███▀▄▄█▀      ▀█▀███▄▀████
                 ████████          ▀████ ▀█
                 ▀▀███▀              ▀██▄▄▀█
                    ██                   ▀▄▀█
                                           ▀▀

AQUA
TANK
                   ▄▄██
                  ▄█▀▄█
               ▄███ ██▀
              ███▀▄█▄▄
              █▀▄███▀
            ██  ██▀▄▄████  ▄▄
           ███ ██ ██████▄███████▄▄
            █ █▀▄██▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
           ▄▄▄▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█████  ▄█▀▀█
       ▄▄██▀█▄ ▀█▀█████▀ ▀████▀▄████▄█
     ████▀▄███ █ ▀██▄▄            ▀▀▀▀▀▀
  ▄▄▄▄█▀ ████ ██ ▄▀███▄
 ▄████ ▄ ██▀   ▀███ ▀█▀
 ███▀▄███ ▀      ▀▄▄ ███
 ▄█ ████          ██ ███
▄█ ▄██▀            ▀███▀
█ ▀                 █▀

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Telegram

▄▄█████▄▄▄
    ████████████▄       ▄▄▄
   ███████████████    ███████▄
   ███████████████▄▄ ▀██   ▀███
    ▀██████▀▀▀██   ██      ▄███
      ▀▀███▄▄▄██████      ▄███▀
      ▄▄▄████████████████████▀
  ▄█████████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀██▄
 ████▀     ▄████▀▀███▄▄         ███
███▀      ████▀   ▀▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
███       ███    ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀██████▀▀▀
 ███▄▄██  ███▄     ██▄
   ▀▀▀▀    ████▄▄▄▄██▀
            ▀▀█████▀▀

▄▄██▄▄            ▄▄██▄▄
    ▄██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████▄
   ████  ██████████████████  ████
 ▄███      █████████████  ████  ██
 ██████  █████  ████  █████  ██████
████████████████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▀          ▀▀███████████
████████▀                  ▀███████▀
 ▀████▀                      ▀████▀

Play game

▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄
    ▄██▄▄███▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀█▄
    ██████▄
███ ▀▀▀▀  ▄▄▄      ███████▄  ███
█████████████      █████████████
███▀▀████████      ▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄ ███
▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀██████ ▀▀▀
       ▀█▄▄▄     ▄▄▄████▀▀██
          ▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀

Aqua Staking
o   o   o   o   o

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███
███        ███  ███        ███
███        ███  ███        ███
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██        ██████████████
      ██        ███        ███
██████████████  ███        ███
      ██        ███        ███
      ██        ██████████████

Marketplace
▬▬▬▬▬▬
hotpassion (OP)

Activity: 155
Merit: 21

View Profile
September 21, 2021, 02:27:39 PM

Bitcoin price is down again but it is still 13k above the bottom of this year's crashed price. I don't think the BTC price will go any further down bellow 42k in Sept. We will see the market is green and rise up to a new ATH in October.
BITCOIN4X
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1150

View Profile
September 21, 2021, 03:31:10 PM

Bitcoin price is down again but it is still 13k above the bottom of this year's crashed price. I don't think the BTC price will go any further down bellow 42k in Sept. We will see the market is green and rise up to a new ATH in October.
I like the optimistic attitude you have so far with bitcoin. We have seen the price of bitcoin have fallen and bounced back every period of time, buying and holding each correction is a good strategy to invest in. I believe that $40K is a support level that is still strong enough to hold the bitcoin price correction until the end of september. However I am not so sure we will enjoy new ATH sometime in October given that not many new institutional investors are announcing that they are willing to invest in bitcoin. There is still hope that we will see ATH will occur at the end of this year or early next year, this is because we need a process to arrive at ATH. Currently bitcoin needs to break the $52 resistance and then $64K to hit a new ATH. Never thought it could be achieved in 1 month from now starting at $42K although there is always a possibility.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████