Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 09:09:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Rantings of a lunatic part two (the coin developer's guide)  (Read 3912 times)
kalus

Activity: 420
Merit: 263

let's make a deal.

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 07:27:35 PM

people really pay exchanges to take their coins?  wow

DC2ngEGbd1ZUKyj8aSzrP1W5TXs5WmPuiR wow need noms
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
r00tdude

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 09:26:33 PM

Q: Does the thought of BCX exposing your scam and destroying your blockchain keep you up at night in a cold sweat?
A: its a shit coin

Totally giggled at this one...

Bitrated user: r00tdude.
r00tdude

Activity: 206

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 09:32:46 PM

Q: Do you [ANN] writen in brokin engrish? Your website two?
A: It's a shit coin

Q: Is wolong involved in your [ANN] thread?
A: It's a shit coin

Sorry, had to throw a wolong reference in there...

And I know not all coins are developed by native speakers, but if your audience is an english audience, you might want to ask a native speaker to proof-read it for a few of those 100% pre-mined coins you have in a wallet somewhere.

r00tdude

Bitrated user: r00tdude.
codyswanson4

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 09:34:47 PM

This thread is beautiful  Grin

Need something done in C??  PM me!!
SmokeTooMuch
Legendary

Activity: 860
Merit: 1021

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 09:37:15 PM

Q: Is your coin based off an internet meme/celebrity/country ?
A: Then it's a shit coin.
Well, we had our Alpacas, so let them have their Doges.

Q: Is your coin's community making donations to charities just to get media coverage ?
A: Then it's a shit coin.
We tried the same, but haven't been as successful, because back then, nobody knew what crypto-currencies were.

Flaming isn't helping the crypto-currencies-community. Stop pretending this is a war between different crypto-currencies. We all want this thing to be successful.

Date Registered: 2009-12-10 | I'm using GPG, pm me for my public key. | Bitcoin on Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/btc
BTCat
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1010

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 09:41:34 PM

Q: Is your coin launched by a Satoshi Nakamoto impersonator you never hear from, expecting that the collective will adopt his coin by itself?
A: That's a shit coin.
foodies123 (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 09:44:21 PM

I like where the thread is going, keep adding reasons coins should be labeled as SHITcoins Smiley

nope
jayman

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 09:57:54 PM

while some points are valid it's not what makes a real so called shit coin.
look at doge as a prime example a meme that was a complete joke that became huge and is attractive and popular to people, a good introduction to people to enter mining etc. it has a huge supportive community on top of it, and it's cloned so what ? Next will you tell me what i should eat, wear, type of music i should listen too etc.

My definition of a shit coin would be one solely made for the dev to make a huge profit, pump & dump and then run leaving it totally unsupported which usually results in total collapse and alot of angry bag holders who lost their btc investing in it. There is alot of ignorance here as you assume everyone views a shit coin in the same light.

kalus

let's make a deal.

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 10:01:59 PM

while some points are valid it's not what makes a real so called shit coin.
look at doge as a prime example a meme that was a complete joke that became huge and is attractive and popular to people, a good introduction to people to enter mining etc. it has a huge supportive community on top of it, and it's cloned so what ? Next will you tell me what i should eat, wear, type of music i should listen too etc.
Didn't you mine "Magic Internet Money"?

Rofo
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2014, 10:15:45 PM
Last edit: March 26, 2014, 10:26:09 PM by Rofo

I know how much you hate NobleCoin foodies so I'll come here and admit then by your definition it's a shit coin and proud of it.

- Devs/founders/community not anonymous
- $5000 donated to The Water Project back in Jan. and damn f***ing proud of it
- Sponsors Canadian eSport teams at ESEA/CEVO for marketing and branding value, and proud of it
- Premined and proud of it (well not proud, I'm just not a rich man and couldn't do this without it) - used so far to cover retail deals, dev. (you can see every single spend on the public ledger), sponsorships & donations, pool losses/hacks and over 20million+ of lost coins on exchange hacks (obviously the community would prefer to have been Goxxed am I right?)
- Premine on public ledger from week 1
- I had an opportunity to make about $100,000 in Feb/Mar. riding the high price with the premine. NobleCoin continues to be called a premined scam shitcoin. You know why? Because everyone jumped on the PANDA bandwagons and now bitterly lump premines into that category because they made a dumb choice.
- Premine as well as profit/loss via BTC (Marketplace & Bullion) will be used in Australia as a taxation case study for crypto. users now that it is publicly legalized, recognized and accepted for use here.
- You can buy Amazon products internationally as well as gold and silver bullion (from April) for 10% below RRP with it
- Taken from LTC with 1-block retarget to prevent multipools
- Haven't paid exchanges, MYR isn't special being the first to make a point of this no matter how much you promote that (3 months old and no Cryptsy/Mintpal defines us as a 'dead coin')
- Announcement page has a lot more than technical specs, and that's something I wouldn't change
- Accepted by 40 merchants and charities/causes
- Spends all day on BTCTalk and 10+ other sites answering PMs
- Basically a hundred other definitions of shit/clone coin yourself and the technical guys apply to it. I respect tech. coins immensely and never badmouth them (I publicly am a huge fan of DARK/VERT and if their community wanted it I would include them & the coin in the Marketplace), but there is more to a 'medium of exchange' than innovation

You're so bitter over MYR. Nice coin, but you're actually doing it more harm than good being its angry, bitter spokesperson mate.

All the best Wink

Edit: My personal opinion is coins will become similar to digital communities/companies/countries. We'll see thousands more. The ones that work/do business together as a community/company rather than point fingers and label each other shit will be the ones that grow stronger together. Just my 2 cents.

kalus

let's make a deal.

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 10:23:47 PM

I know how much you hate NobleCoin foodies so I'll come here and admit then by your definition it's a shit coin and proud of it.

I completely agree:  Noblecoin is a shitcoin. 

foodies123 (OP)

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 10:27:05 PM

- Devs/founders/community not anonymous
- $5000 donated to The Water Project back in Jan. and damn f***ing proud of it
- Sponsors Canadian eSport teams as ESEA/CEVO for marketing and branding value, and proud of it
- Premined and proud of it - used so far to cover retail deals, dev. (you can see every single spend on the public ledger) pool losses/hacks and cover 20million+ of lost coins on exchange hacks (obviously the community would prefer to have been Goxxed am I right?)
- Premine on public ledger from week 1
- I had an opportunity to make about $100,000 in Feb/Mar. riding the high price with the premine. NobleCoin continues to be called a premined scam shitcoin. You know why? Because everyone jumped on the PANDA bandwagons and now bitterly lump premines into that category because they made a dumb choice.
- Premine as well as profit/loss via BTC (Marketplace & Bullion) will be used in Australia as a taxation case study for crypto. uses now that it is publicly legalized, recognized and accepted for use here.
- You can buy Amazon products internationally as well as gold and silver bullion (from April) for 10% below RRP with it
- Taken from LTC with 1-block retarget to prevent multipools
- Haven't paid exchanges, MYR isn't special being the first to make a point of this no matter how much you promote that
- Announcement page has a lot more than technical specs, and that's something I wouldn't change
- Accepted by 40 merchants and charities/causes
- Spends all day on BTCTalk and 10+ other sites answering PMs
- Basically a hundred other definitions of shit/clone coin yourself and the technical guys apply to it. I respect tech. coins immensely and never badmouth them (I publicly am a huge fan of DARK/VERT and if their community wanted it I would include them & the coin in the Marketplace), but there is more to a 'medium of exchange' than innovation

You're so bitter over MYR. Nice coin, but you're actually doing it more harm than good being its angry, bitter spokesperson mate.

All the best Wink

Finally someone got pissed enough to write many things ... sorry dude I have NOTHING against noble, I have never crossed paths with the coin or any of its devs so I can never have any beef with them.
On the other hand I am getting pretty tired of threads popping up daily telling everyone to buy this shitcoin or that shitcoin and when someone is asked why ... the general response is because it's a nice community and the devs are nice people.
On the other other hand what you failed to notice is not once have I written the word myriad or its acronym in this thread nor have I ever stated anyone should buy it because I do not bash coins to promote coins, I bash shitcoins in general for the lulz.

Your coin was not nominated here but it seems you've responded to yes to so many of the questions I posted that you realised your coin falls into that category. I'm sorry if you feel I've hurt your feelings or your coin but ... that's just what I intended to do, to you and all other supporters of shitcoins.

Again, I do not want to promote any coin in this thread, as I've titled it this is just a thread containing the "rantings of a lunatic"

nope
Rofo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2014, 10:32:14 PM

Finally someone got pissed enough to write many things ... sorry dude I have NOTHING against noble, I have never crossed paths with the coin or any of its devs so I can never have any beef with them.

Actually you have which is why I responded, not because I'm pissed. You were so anti-NobleCoin in the VoS thread because of the support shown for us there I couldn't help responding here.

foodies123 (OP)

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 10:35:00 PM

Actually you have which is why I responded, not because I'm pissed. You were so anti-NobleCoin in the VoS thread because of the support shown for us there I couldn't help responding here.

thanks, also tl;dr on your previous post ... I know of your coin so you couldn't have written anything of interest in that post and as I said I am not anti-noblecoin I'm anti shit-clone-coin and if you felt your coin was not one you shouldn't have jumped 10 feet in the air when you read my post.

nope
Rofo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2014, 10:36:38 PM

Childish as always. Good trolling.

kalus

let's make a deal.

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 10:45:43 PM

Childish as always. Good trolling.
I like how foodies123 is basically saying 'don't take it so personally', and you're calling him a troll in his own thread. 

knight22
Legendary

Activity: 1372

--------------->¿?

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 10:46:36 PM

I'm pretty sure this one is not a shitcoin  Grin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eU2INYe4gk

tazcatlicoatlus

Activity: 171

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 10:54:17 PM

Dear OP,

with so much insight, please do tell where you have made your fortune in BTC from

The Jesuits = The Money Changers - Executive order 11110, Green Hilton Memorial Agreement, Global collateral accounts.. The US Treasury needs to print United States Notes backed by any physical assets; unlike this debt tool 'federal reserve note' printed by a private central bank that is 100% unconstitutional
foodies123 (OP)

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 10:57:48 PM

Dear OP,

with so much insight, please do tell where you have made your fortune in BTC from

well that was random... this thread is not about a coin's value or trading or easy ass ways to make some btc by mining shit-hype-coins in the first minutes of the launch and dumping them at the first beartrap you see ... this is about crypto technology, quality and inovation. Shit I could spit out a coin tomorrow and it could get 10x bitcoin's value but it'll still be a shitcoin. A coin's price is not what gives it quality, it does not help the crypto concept at all it actually slows it down.

nope
foodies123 (OP)

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 11:07:17 PM

It has been brought to my attention that my tone and general attitude twards what I deem to be shitcoins seems a little hostile and may hurt other coins I did not deem as shit so I would like to apologize to all those who have taken my rantings personal. I believe there is a general consensus that clone coins are bad for the crypto world but it seems that putting it on the forum is a no-no although I have not named any coin or developer.

Again I apologize if you were hurt by my agressive post.

But that doesn't make your coin any good

nope
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: