Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 04:29:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Scam Airdrops that sweep your wallet, avoid them.  (Read 283 times)
WePiggy

Activity: 71
Merit: 12

“In Piggy, We Get Rich!”

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2021, 10:38:55 PM

If anyone is thinking of becoming an airdrop hunter then it is recommended to use a throwaway wallet which is solely used for coins of little or low value - the so called sh**coins. Use a different wallet for your main assets like Ethereum, LINK, and other high end tokens

WePiggy.com ✈ Asset lending market protocol ✈
[ Reddit ]  [ Medium ]  [ Telegram ]  [ Twitter ]  [ Discord ]
✈ Ethereum, BSC, HECO, OKExChain, Polygon, Arbitrum, Optimism, Moonriver, Harmony, Oasis ✈
MishaSER

Activity: 1050
Merit: 103

BIB Exchange

View Profile
August 15, 2021, 03:11:24 PM

I'm surprised how scammers find new ways to cheat. We all complained about high fees in Ethereum, our plea was heard and we got BSC, but along with it we got a new type of scam. We are really creating a new sector in the economy and we are testing it ourselves.

███     WHITEPAPER  |    TELEGRAM    ███      BiB Exchange      ███     TWITTER     |   INSTAGRAM     ███
S e t   O f f   t h e   W e b 3   G e n e r a t i o n   N o w
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ►► Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
projapoti

Activity: 1008
Merit: 101

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2021, 03:33:37 PM

The same thing happened with EYC_ONE. You can understand by reading the following topic https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5351026.0. Scammers target different wallets, send airdrop tokens and create Dex websites with the same name. Scammers are taking other tokens or coins from our wallet as soon as we go to swap those airdrop tokens in these DEX. We must always remember that we have no one to love except the scammers.

stomachgrowls

Activity: 2870
Merit: 771

View Profile
August 15, 2021, 05:59:46 PM

Already talked about in this thread [Scam Alert] Beware of Airdrops that will drain tokens out of your address. but yeah. Scam airdrops and swap services have been on an astronomical rise.

Another one I discovered recently is where the scam token is designed to collect you gas fees once you try to transfer it, like in this case of fake XMR ERC20 tokens- https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5351034.

There were lots of fake tokens do credit into my address on the time i had started on using up swap plantforms which there are lots of coins credited into my address and i do found out this scheme about taking transaction  fees when you do intent to make  out some  transfer.

This is something new but if  you do really have that common sense then you would definitely had questions in mind which would result for you to make out some little search on things
then you could  really find out that theres something behind those  unusual things.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████████████████████████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███