Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 06:00:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Decentralised Courier  (Read 158 times)
courier777 (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 02, 2021, 05:22:59 PM

Would anyone be interested in building a decentralised courier?
Bitcoin seemed like an effort to remove power from the central banks, and other cryptocurrencies are working on solving problems with voting/supply chains/other stuff which the government makes complicated that could be made really simple, so why not replace USPS/China Post/other giant government monopolies that run the courier/delivery industry. I mean, USPS is losing billions every year delivering packages, and goodness only knows how much data companies like Amazon/UPS/DHL are collecting on people's identities, addresses, purchasing history etc.
I live in London, I can order a product that's 10 miles from where I live and it still takes at least a day for it to arrive at my doorstep, when I could just pay somebody to drive over there, pick it up and bring it to me in under an hour.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4298
Merit: 3200

View Profile
August 02, 2021, 07:37:18 PM

https://trustheritagelogistics.co.uk/courier-companies-london/

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
courier777 (OP)

View Profile
August 02, 2021, 09:31:50 PM

Those logistics companies are all UK-based, whereas I'm talking about one that is decentralised and purely digital.
bitterguy28

Activity: 1988
Merit: 175

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2021, 04:37:31 AM

I am interested if you can assure the safeties of the package and of course the sender security and the receiver .

jrrsparkles

Activity: 2380
Merit: 251

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
August 03, 2021, 12:10:29 PM

If someone interested they can create a platform which allows people to interact in that way but this is not a profitable business so no one is going to do this. But there are services exist which is something like food delivery, we also can avail them to pick any package from nearby places.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 401

View Profile
August 03, 2021, 04:21:10 PM

Bitcoin seemed like an effort to remove power from the central banks, and other cryptocurrencies are working on solving problems with voting/supply chains/other stuff which the government makes complicated that could be made really simple, so why not replace USPS/China Post/other giant government monopolies that run the courier/delivery industry. I mean, USPS is losing billions every year delivering packages, and goodness only knows how much data companies like Amazon/UPS/DHL are collecting on people's identities, addresses, purchasing history etc.
I live in London, I can order a product that's 10 miles from where I live and it still takes at least a day for it to arrive at my doorstep, when I could just pay somebody to drive over there, pick it up and bring it to me in under an hour.

That would probably mean anyone with vehicle, bike, bicycle, boat, horse etc can be able to participate in the courier service like Uber does with taxi or something... No need for Proof of Stake like mechanism.    The transporters would just need to download Courier App (again like uber app) to participate. Once you buy something in another state you check the App to see who is coming to your state and link the goods to him/her to transport immediately. This should make the cost of transporting cheap, but if you don't find anyone coming to your state, you can hire anyone from the app.

courier777 (OP)

View Profile
August 03, 2021, 04:34:23 PM

If someone interested they can create a platform which allows people to interact in that way but this is not a profitable business so no one is going to do this. But there are services exist which is something like food delivery, we also can avail them to pick any package from nearby places.

I think making it a community driven project, either run by miners charging fees, or some other concensus, would make more sense, or building it on ethereum/another ecosystem and charging fees.

In terms of other services out there, they require drivers to be vetted before the are eligible to deliver food/packages, and users have to provide their phone number and email, which eliminates the focus on privacy I would be aiming for, and means not just anyone can sign up and become a courier.

Also, similar to the issue with most banks, delivery systems in developing countries are much slower on average and many people don't have access to those types of companies, partially because those companies are focused on making a profit/branding etc and can't operate in a truly decentralised manner because of their business models.
Ucy

View Profile
August 03, 2021, 04:41:54 PM

That would probably mean anyone with vehicle, bike, bicycle, boat, horse etc can be able to participate in the courier service like Uber does with taxi or something... No need for Proof of Stake like mechanism.    The transporters would just need to download Courier App (again like uber app) to participate. Once you buy something in another state you check the App to see who is coming to your state and link the goods to him/her to transport immediately. This should make the cost of transporting cheap, but if you don't find anyone coming to your state, you can hire anyone from the app.

Factors that could make this cheap in my opinion, are:
1. Competition. There will be lots of competitions
2. Transporters could have other things/people beside your goods to transport to your state that can supplement their earnings.
3.  It will be cheaper to have transporters moving to your destination than those hired to move to your destination.
courier777 (OP)

View Profile
August 03, 2021, 04:49:01 PM

I am interested if you can assure the safeties of the package and of course the sender security and the receiver .

For security in terms of anonymity, encrypted transactions and messaging on a blockchain could be used. For security of the receiver, a website with a reputation-based system could be used, like the review system that is used for vendors on the dark Web.
In terms of package tracking, I don't have that figured out yet.
courier777 (OP)

View Profile
August 03, 2021, 05:12:51 PM

That's exactly what I'm thinking. My only concern with building a centralised app would be regulation attempting to shut it down.
It would be better to build a website hosted on the ipfs/some other decentralised file storage system.
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4298
Merit: 3200

View Profile
August 04, 2021, 04:25:29 AM

Those logistics companies are all UK-based, whereas I'm talking about one that is decentralised and purely digital.

You stated a problem:

I provided a decentralized solution:

Wink

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
jrrsparkles

Activity: 2380
Merit: 251

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
August 04, 2021, 08:23:04 AM

I think making it a community driven project, either run by miners charging fees, or some other concensus, would make more sense, or building it on ethereum/another ecosystem and charging fees.

In terms of other services out there, they require drivers to be vetted before the are eligible to deliver food/packages, and users have to provide their phone number and email, which eliminates the focus on privacy I would be aiming for, and means not just anyone can sign up and become a courier.

Also, similar to the issue with most banks, delivery systems in developing countries are much slower on average and many people don't have access to those types of companies, partially because those companies are focused on making a profit/branding etc and can't operate in a truly decentralised manner because of their business models.
I don't know why we need miners or nodes for the courier service, huh?

Bank involves money so everyone interested in building a crypto project on their own but courier is more a business which needs profits but when we make it as community driven then nobody is going to make anything right?

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
Ucy

View Profile
August 04, 2021, 10:33:16 AM

That's exactly what I'm thinking. My only concern with building a centralised app would be regulation attempting to shut it down.
It would be better to build a website hosted on the ipfs/some other decentralised file storage system.

Ofcourse.   I'm actually suggesting a decentralized Uber kind of App. Something like that can easily be built on the right VM based Cryptocurrency. But you really have to consider coordinating things in ways it's coordinated on centralized alternative without centralizing it. And you should also consider implementing all the Necessary/Just rules that regulate such industry... I believe you can do this without compromising on decentralization.
This is the kind of project I would like to participate in if it will be done right
courier777 (OP)

View Profile
August 04, 2021, 02:14:39 PM

I don't know why we need miners or nodes for the courier service, huh?

Bank involves money so everyone interested in building a crypto project on their own but courier is more a business which needs profits but when we make it as community driven then nobody is going to make anything right?

It doesn't necessarily need to be a PoW system, but if it is not autonomous it could run into the same problems Uber has had, getting sued for not treating their contractors as employees, and as a result Uber has had to let a lot of "employees" go.
courier777 (OP)

View Profile
August 05, 2021, 12:58:56 AM

Ofcourse.   I'm actually suggesting a decentralized Uber kind of App. Something like that can easily be built on the right VM based Cryptocurrency. But you really have to consider coordinating things in ways it's coordinated on centralized alternative without centralizing it. And you should also consider implementing all the Necessary/Just rules that regulate such industry... I believe you can do this without compromising on decentralization.
This is the kind of project I would like to participate in if it will be done right

Awesome. Yeah, building it on a VM cryptocurrency like Ethereum is a good idea.
In terms of regulation, building a simple base layer, and adding other security and regulatory layers on top might make sense.
If you'd like to discuss the idea further and help me develop it I'd be happy to continue talking elsewhere.
bitterguy28

Activity: 1988
Merit: 175

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2021, 05:40:18 AM

For security in terms of anonymity, encrypted transactions and messaging on a blockchain could be used. For security of the receiver, a website with a reputation-based system could be used, like the review system that is used for vendors on the dark Web.
Then if you can provide all that mentioned so Be it, and the tracking is the most important part because this is your road to success as the clients will be  more concern on this part than everything mentioned above.

Good future ahead mate.

courier777 (OP)

View Profile
August 09, 2021, 02:10:31 PM

Then if you can provide all that mentioned so Be it, and the tracking is the most important part because this is your road to success as the clients will be  more concern on this part than everything mentioned above.

Good future ahead mate.

Thanks man. I definitely agree, tracking is a very important to provide more trust, but it is also the most difficult, as it could easily go against the goal of anonymity. Couriers could potentially provide their own updates on their location using the encrypted messaging, or they could provide their own tracking to the customer. Most delivery companies that I've seen don't provide much detail when it comes to tracking. Also, I used to do dropshipping from Aliexpress, and I've heard many stories of stuff like sellers providing fake tracking numbers, so it's very much an already existing problem. Perhaps couriers could provide regular photo evidence of their location as well, but I don't think they should have to provide any details they are not comfortable with giving.
fastlight

Activity: 70
Merit: 14

View Profile
August 09, 2021, 02:55:32 PM

github > bitmessage

only IRL would have made sense.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: