Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 02:39:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mobile phone vs. laptop vs. tab...what's your preferred device for day trading?  (Read 515 times)
el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3514
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
August 18, 2021, 08:56:41 PM

I have to say I am not an "experience trader who has been trading 4 hours a day for years" because that is a very low amount of people and you would get probably just a few answers and that's it if you want "just" them to reply. But I have been here for over 8 years now, and I can easily say that during that period I have always used computer. The difference is that whenever you need to rush something, or you need to just do something that is not a big deal, you could use your mobile phone, specially for a long term investment phone is easy enough and you should probably pick that.

However, if you are going to do day trading then making it on mobile phone doesn't make any sense, there is a reason why you see all those movie traders have bunch of screens, it is not even about being on pc or mobile, it is about how you need to check a bunch of things before you can trade daily, and all those screens do show you something you need to see.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Shenzou

Activity: 1400
Merit: 283

View Profile
August 18, 2021, 09:14:24 PM

With day trading you have to able to see all kinds of indicators and charts that is if you are trading on serious level where making a trade requires precision and timing, and doing so you need to be able to have them in sight and see them clearly, and with phones and tablets  i wouldn't say its impossible but its difficult and inconvenient, even on a computer it get pretty difficult if you don't have tow or more screens to track the charts and be able to place a trade fast.
JeromeTash
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1210

Heisenberg

View Profile
August 18, 2021, 09:21:47 PM

A desktop or a powerful laptop does it well for me as compared to a mobile phone or tablet. Because there's a lot of technical analysis to do than just trading. You can't do proper tech analysis on a mobile phone or phone trading apps. They have very limited capabilities.

Mobile phones are only good if one is going to trade on the go, but which kind of day trader makes trades on the go?

██
█████▀▀███████▀▀███████
█████▀░░▄███████▄░░▀█████
██▀░░██████▀░▀████░░▀██
██▀░░▀▀▀████████████░░▀██
██░░█▄████▀▀███▀█████░░██
██░░███▄▄███████▀▀███░░██
██░░█████████████████░░██
██▄░░████▄▄██████▄▄█░░▄██
██▄░░██████▄░░████░░▄██
█████▄░░▀███▌░░▐▀░░▄█████
███████▄▄███████▄▄███████
.ROOBET 2.0..██████.IIIIIFASTER & SLEEKER.██████.
|

█▄█
▀█▀
████▄▄██████▄▄████
█▄███▀█░░█████░░█▀███▄█
▀█▄▄░▐█████████▌▄▄█▀
██▄▄█████████▄▄████▌
██████▄▄████████
█▀▀████████████████
██████
█████████████
██
█▀▀██████████████
▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
    PLAY NOW    
Boov

Activity: 868
Merit: 256

View Profile
August 18, 2021, 09:23:48 PM

Note: Question is SPECIFICALLY to experienced day traders who have been day trading for several years and spend AT LEAST four hours a day trading.

If you're day trading full time and you have all the time in the world for it...and you can only choose one of those devices, which would you choose...and most importantly, why that one instead of the others?

Personally I've been choosing laptop or mobile phone because it can be used anytime and anywhere I would like to trade.
Often times, I had a convenient ways of trading and I wouldn't worry of power because we can recharge the device before bringing it from somewhere else.
Even at work I can still trade and monitor my asset as long as there's safe place to do it.
Myleschetty

Activity: 1155
Merit: 77

View Profile
August 18, 2021, 09:45:44 PM

If you're day trading full time and you have all the time in the world for it...and you can only choose one of those devices, which would you choose...and most importantly, why that one instead of the others?

Day trading isn't about having all the time in the world to keep looking at the trading windows and that is why mobile phone is the best this time around. You don't need to seat at home in front of monitor or desktops because you are trading, even laptops are fading away and mobile phones have rightly taken over , you can do everything with mobile phones while trading. You just need a more tech phone and you enjoy your trade from anywhere.
Just as the saying "crypto never sleeps" which is the common slogan of cryptocurrency day trading and if you're used to how they operate or know someone thats do it, you'll know that they spent almost all their time checking the chart and that's the reason why a crypto traders correction centre was established in the UK.

Not me, but I know a few "experienced" day traders — just desktops and laptops with multiple monitors. Though they use their phones to check out the charts when they're out and about(when we're out to dinner or a night of drinking), 99.9% of the trades occur on their Windows/Mac devices.

The type of trading that you spend more time on desktops, laptops or monitors can make trading very boring. That was the beginning of trading when very fast smart phones were still not out, expensive and far from the reach of newbie traders and traders who were still struggling. But you can see in your post too that with mobile phone, you can check chart, analyse trade , interchange trading pairs and do everything done with desktops including making orders.
To my understanding, the use of mobile phones happened when the trader was out as said by mk4 but they use a bot to execute 75% of their trading when on mobile or does some few update.
Ryker1

Activity: 1918
Merit: 442

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
August 18, 2021, 09:49:16 PM

Well for me --it is a good tandem if I will use laptop and mobile phone while in trading, these tools will help you a lot and I can't able to trade without my mobile phone and if the phone only I can't able to trade to, there must these two devices. When I was a day trader before, I always monitor the price using my mobile phone while executing trades on my laptop. The choices are both laptop and mobile phone, they are the most important in trading before you will start. In my own --I cant able trade-in one device there should be an extra backup.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
ene1980

Activity: 2002
Merit: 535

View Profile
August 18, 2021, 10:05:38 PM

When i am trading or doing my research i need my laptop after that i am fine with the mobile phone to monitor the market as i am comfortable in that way. I am not claiming myself to be a expert in the field but since i am here for a long time i am made some successful bids and made huge profits and that is how i proceed with trading. In short i like trading in a bigger screen  Grin.
palle11

Activity: 2310
Merit: 332

View Profile
August 18, 2021, 10:48:44 PM

You can use a mobile phone as much as you can use a laptop, tab or desktop computer. Finding your way around daily trading is not a difficult task when it comes to the use of these gadgets. But mobile phones is more preferable anyways. The ease of being able to carry it around and not having to seat before a desktop all day. It's mobile.
Add it could access the apps and Web apps you use for trading as you'd access them on a desktop or tab.

I strongly believe that mobile phones give more convenience and comfort in trading especially the experienced traders, yes the newbies will definitely find it to be difficult starting up with trading on phones because they can never understand or enjoy it. An experienced trader finds more comfort with it and that is the area I'm pointing.

I checked online to see certain phones that are good for mobile trading and more are upgrading. Trading has gone mobile and phone companies are upgrading to same level of manufacturing high tech photos with large screen space too.
Wawa2013

Activity: 1666
Merit: 267

View Profile
August 18, 2021, 11:06:28 PM

When i am trading or doing my research i need my laptop after that i am fine with the mobile phone to monitor the market as i am comfortable in that way. I am not claiming myself to be a expert in the field but since i am here for a long time i am made some successful bids and made huge profits and that is how i proceed with trading. In short i like trading in a bigger screen  Grin.

The point you said by trading in a bigger screen I totally agree, I also feel comfortable doing research and analysis when trading on a laptop.
Because it is more convenient to compare charts of price movements in the market, and also more comfortable reading articles related to trading
if on a large screen. So since the beginning of learning to trade and until now have started to understand how to make a profit from trading,
I always do everything on my laptop.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████▄
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
▀██████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
Metavault.Trade
████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████████████████████████████████████████
NEXT GENERATION PERPETUAL DEX WITH
ZERO SLIPPAGE SWAPS & UP TO 30X LEVERAGE

██████████████████████████████████████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████████
Faster, Safer, Smarter!
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ██   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
TWITTER  |  DISCORD  |  TELEGRAM  |  MEDIUM  |  GITHUB
checkmatesir

Activity: 584
Merit: 100

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
August 19, 2021, 09:09:01 AM

One of my brother is using mobile for trading and he is a good trader as well because he earn a lot from trading even every week , the way he is going to analyze the coins is amazing. So, i preferred you to use mobile for day trading, as i'm also using mobile for trading because it is easy to check the coins and trade in it.

Rexler

Activity: 616
Merit: 12

The Standard Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2021, 10:01:07 AM

I prefer laptop to any other device, reasons because it has a bigger screen which could make drawing of lines across candle sticks much easier and also makes analysing chat so easily, well I don't trade up to four hours a day but i can say am good at trading but not perfect yet, can anyone actually be perfect in trading?. Any good trader would agree with me that trading with system seems more convenient and also gives us perfect views of chart patterns.

DarkDays
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1189

View Profile
August 19, 2021, 11:35:25 AM

Note: Question is SPECIFICALLY to experienced day traders who have been day trading for several years and spend AT LEAST four hours a day trading.

Desktop tabs hands down. Mobile phones are not the same as laptops, the features are smaller if existing at all and can't perform a trade as fast. The advantage I find with desktop tabs is that you can monitor it better using different monitors and act right away - obviously this is not the case on a phone.

From my experience, phones are great but only for short-term checking and not so much trading.
zanezane

Merit: 150

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
August 19, 2021, 01:09:40 PM

You forgot to add PC, it's much better than all of them because it has wider screens so you can do more activities and it doesn't heat up like crazy like a laptop and it can even be reduced when you put coolant and stuff. Another reason why PC is better is even the lowest in the market currently can be used compared to a laptop.

batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
August 19, 2021, 01:41:17 PM

It isn't convenient to use mobile phone as you day trade. Most of the day traders that I've seen, they've got the minimum of two huge monitors on their front following the charts of their chosen coins to trade. That's why if you're planning to do day trading with just using your mobile phone, forget about it but you can have a try and see if you're going to be convenient doing that. But no day trader I've seen really have that preference for their day trades.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Beparanf

Activity: 2758
Merit: 761

Burpaaa

View Profile
August 19, 2021, 02:45:26 PM

You forgot to add PC, it's much better than all of them because it has wider screens so you can do more activities and it doesn't heat up like crazy like a laptop and it can even be reduced when you put coolant and stuff. Another reason why PC is better is even the lowest in the market currently can be used compared to a laptop.

You can classify PC as laptop since the function and feature is same except for its portability. Trading is better on PC/Laptop because you can clearly see the pattern on charts with a bigger screen unlike phone or tablet. You can setup multiple indicators and change it easily via PC but it doesn't mean that mobile and tablet is not good on day trading. It depends on the situation because you do a good TA too on mobile or tab because you can both use the chart and function on both devices. You just need patience to do it properly.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
conected

Activity: 1302
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 19, 2021, 02:49:47 PM

- Wide screen and the ability to cool devices easily are just one of the useful features of desktop computers, more convenience is still worth as you say, a low cost and combined with many different gateways we can trade on many different altcoin charts, once we have day-trading it is still advisable to choose desktop, phone and laptop computers that can make travel comfortable but in general, the most comfortable is still at our house, moving out is only due to mood effects as well as some private work.

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
  ▄███████            ███████▄
███████                  ███████
█████▀                    ▀▀██▀
█████
█████                       ▄▆█
█████                   ▆██████
█████                   ████████
  ▀█                   █▀ ▐████
▄                          ▐████
██▆▄▄                    ▄█████
███████                  ███████
  ▀███████            ███████▀
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

. Graphene Airdrop Coming Soon by Phore .
  █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
█████████               ████████
█████████           ▅▆████████▌
█████████     ▅▅▆████████████▌
█████████▆█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
zanezane

Merit: 150

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
August 19, 2021, 03:14:33 PM

~

You can classify PC as laptop since the function and feature is same except for its portability. Trading is better on PC/Laptop because you can clearly see the pattern on charts with a bigger screen unlike phone or tablet. You can setup multiple indicators and change it easily via PC but it doesn't mean that mobile and tablet is not good on day trading. It depends on the situation because you do a good TA too on mobile or tab because you can both use the chart and function on both devices. You just need patience to do it properly.
Nope it's different, why is it called laptop then if it's not portable plus laptops are prone to heating really fast you use it for about an hour or so but PC don't have that problem since there's water cooling, and there's also the ability to upgrade to multiple screens. So no, it's not classified as a laptop.

Tigerheart3026

Activity: 902
Merit: 112

View Profile
August 19, 2021, 03:35:52 PM

i feels good in big screen for the trading. btw in my circumstances not possible to open laptop for a few hours.
in mobile phone it's difficult job, mobile can not provide user friendly interfaces, and screen will small there so trouble to see signal.
Cling18

Activity: 1708
Merit: 126

View Profile
August 19, 2021, 04:03:22 PM

Mobile, Tablet and Desktop all is good for Trading, but main things is knowledge. Still many traders use smartphone for trading but it is correct that have many advantage for using desktop. We can see all feature of Exchange, Trading chart, buy/sell order, history and also more with clearly.     

Every gadget that could access exchanges and trading sites would be good and convenient to use so we could pick what we're comfortable with. Yes, the desktop has an advantage because there's no limit when it comes to accessing s the features of exchange but a mobile phone will also be convenient since we could do trading anywhere and anytime.
semobo

Activity: 1498
Merit: 146

View Profile
August 19, 2021, 04:57:51 PM

Atleast this kind of multi screen setup will be there when someone successfully day trading for years

And when someone is day trading they have to look into the analysis all the time so small screen will be a bit annoying thing for them.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: