Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 10:02:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Withdrawing VGX from Binance wallet  (Read 57 times)
Tyronium (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 24, 2021, 01:41:11 AM

I want to start off by saying I'm not a crypto guy and I'm BRAND new to this forum, so if there is an obvious solution that I'm missing, or if I misuse a term, please forgive me.

My grandfather said he was having some problems with crypto, so I tried to help him out today. It turns out that he made the mistake of opening a wallet on binance.com instead of binance.us (despite the endless warnings I'm sure he got while doing it). Binance.com is saying that they're permanently locking all US-based accounts in 5 or so days and that everything the users want to keep should be withdrawn successfully before then.

I have successfully transferred most of his coins into his binance.us wallet, but one is giving me trouble. VGX (Voyager Token) can't be transferred to binance.us, and for the life of me, I cannot find any exchange that will allow VGX exchanges for USA users.

I tried using crypto swap sites such as simple swap, but the minimum was around 50 VGX or more everywhere I could find, whereas my grandfather owns only around 30 VGX (~$115 value). He can't buy more VGX to reach that minimum since binance.com has restricted all activity to just withdraws.

A VPN doesn't work with Binance since it still recognizes his US address from his verification process. I've exhausted all my ideas, what do you all suggest we do in this situation?

Thank you all! <3
terciduk123

Activity: 1176
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 24, 2021, 04:25:51 AM

I understand a little about your problem, I will offer some ways that might help you.
You can withdraw your VGX tokens from your Binance account to your personal wallet and hold them for a while until the VGX tokens are traded on a US based exchange.
The second way, you can create a new Binance.com account without KYC, don't forget to use a VPN or change your site's DNS to Cloudflare (1.1.1.1), This allows you to access Binance.com, then you transfer your VGX token to your new account. Then you are free to do whatever. (The 2nd way is just my thought, I haven't tried it because I'm not in the US, but I'm in a country where I can't access Binance.com either. I used this method for my problem)
Tyronium (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 24, 2021, 05:02:11 AM

I understand a little about your problem, I will offer some ways that might help you.
You can withdraw your VGX tokens from your Binance account to your personal wallet and hold them for a while until the VGX tokens are traded on a US based exchange.
The second way, you can create a new Binance.com account without KYC, don't forget to use a VPN or change your site's DNS to Cloudflare (1.1.1.1), This allows you to access Binance.com, then you transfer your VGX token to your new account. Then you are free to do whatever. (The 2nd way is just my thought, I haven't tried it because I'm not in the US, but I'm in a country where I can't access Binance.com either. I used this method for my problem)

Thank you so much! I didn't know you could create a Binance account without KYC. I'll try that tomorrow and see how it turns out 👍
the ghabbar

Activity: 588
Merit: 11

Futiracoin.com

View Profile
August 24, 2021, 05:07:33 AM

I want to start off by saying I'm not a crypto guy and I'm BRAND new to this forum, so if there is an obvious solution that I'm missing, or if I misuse a term, please forgive me.

My grandfather said he was having some problems with crypto, so I tried to help him out today. It turns out that he made the mistake of opening a wallet on binance.com instead of binance.us (despite the endless warnings I'm sure he got while doing it). Binance.com is saying that they're permanently locking all US-based accounts in 5 or so days and that everything the users want to keep should be withdrawn successfully before then.

I have successfully transferred most of his coins into his binance.us wallet, but one is giving me trouble. VGX (Voyager Token) can't be transferred to binance.us, and for the life of me, I cannot find any exchange that will allow VGX exchanges for USA users.

I tried using crypto swap sites such as simple swap, but the minimum was around 50 VGX or more everywhere I could find, whereas my grandfather owns only around 30 VGX (~$115 value). He can't buy more VGX to reach that minimum since binance.com has restricted all activity to just withdraws.

A VPN doesn't work with Binance since it still recognizes his US address from his verification process. I've exhausted all my ideas, what do you all suggest we do in this situation?

Thank you all! <3

I've never had a problem like you now, and I'm not in the US either, but I wanted to share a little bit about the problem you're having, hope it works, I hope it helps you and grandpa.
You need to create a new Binance account at this time, then change the VPN that supports the area you currently live in with the latest version, then send the VGX tokens to your new wallet.
It won't necessarily work, but you should give it a try now, hope it helps.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: