Bitcoin Forum
June 07, 2024, 06:55:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If the Taliban enforces Sharia law in Afghanistan, what will the West do?  (Read 175 times)
DashingAgent (OP)

Activity: 538
Merit: 17

So many books, so little time

View Profile
August 23, 2021, 11:49:12 PM

Talibans are making promises now, thats why I think that a chance should be given to Taliban, it is possible that they have changed now.

What is this “if” talk. The taliban will aggressively try to force their views on the rest of the world now and the women in Afghanistan were most certainly left to fend for themselves by Joe Biden’s decision to pull out without any thought or real plan. It will be challenging for the US to ever find allies that will trust us again in a similar circumstance. Women are already disappearing from public view in Afghanistan…

Consider Donations: BTC 17ox7CoDkfwM9bpTXvnhH1YJAy1Cproa7D - Has any whale the power to donate a penny by considering 1000BTC=$1? (Consider "penny")
ETH:: 0xa0ad5e0e8fc86a8440992ad57b201fadefbaf595 (Not for whales, but for crypto lovers to donate me eth or tokens)
DashingAgent (OP)

Activity: 538
Merit: 17

So many books, so little time

View Profile
August 23, 2021, 11:56:02 PM

Thats why I think if a chance is given to Taliban and they make Afghanistan a peaceful country then it won't be bad.

But Iran is a good country for living

I think everyone would agree that life in Iran is different to life in Afghanistan. The issue in Afghanistan is not so much the enforcing of Sharia law, as the fact that it is the Taliban doing so. Sharia law may look barbaric and antiquated, but interpretation is flexible; the effects of its implementation depends largely on who it is doing the implementing.

Most nations are interested only in threats to themselves. I don't think the West will do much — if anything — when the Taliban starts oppressing the population of Afghanistan. The West will only be interested if the country starts to become a breeding ground for terrorism that is then exported.

Consider Donations: BTC 17ox7CoDkfwM9bpTXvnhH1YJAy1Cproa7D - Has any whale the power to donate a penny by considering 1000BTC=$1? (Consider "penny")
ETH:: 0xa0ad5e0e8fc86a8440992ad57b201fadefbaf595 (Not for whales, but for crypto lovers to donate me eth or tokens)
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: