Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 07:48:43 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: NFTs and how it works  (Read 349 times)
wxa7115

Activity: 2758
Merit: 716

View Profile
October 15, 2021, 08:42:20 PM

It is obvious that anyone that is on that kind of business is going to love this, before NFTs if they wanted to sell something like memorabilia then they needed to produce those products and that includes recurring costs and all kind of issues like producing the products and exporting them.

But with NFTs the only thing they need to do is to pay the person creating the image one time and that is it, from that point on they will be able to sell those limited edition NFTs to people and all the money they will get will be for them, so it is clear why artists will like something like this, but I do not know how well true collectors will receive something like this.
However the difference is that, instead of having a physical memorabilia, you now hold a digital thing that says you own it, which is not the same. I rather have the thing and put it somewhere in my house instead of having digital confirmation of having one. But I get it, we also do not hold cash but put it in banks and use credit card instead that says we digitally own that money, similar stuff, instead of having the money (art) we actually put it in banks (wallets) to say we own the money (NFT) so basically the same thing.

I didn't expect this to happen in art, I would have expected art to keep being physical and not digital, but I guess we are in the digital age so it makes sense that some stuff are changing. NFT is also getting outside attention from artists as well, not just crypto people, which is a great thing because it is attracting people to crypto as well.
Which is why I am not so sure this is going to work long term, it may work for the real art, after all there are digital images that are beautiful and that take as much effort to make as any painting and those artists had no way to sell their art, so for those people I think it makes sense that NFTs could be used to assure them they can benefit from their work.

However when it comes to memorabilia and other collectibles that are more massive in their nature I am not so sure this is going to become too popular as those people love the feeling of actually touching the article they are collecting, something impossible to do with an NFT.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: