Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 08:31:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Demoted&Banned for speaking "bad" about Solidcoin  (Read 2766 times)
FlipPro (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1015

View Profile
December 02, 2011, 10:42:26 PM
Last edit: December 02, 2011, 11:07:50 PM by FlipPro

Apparantley I have been demoted as moderator, and basically banned from the Solidcoin forum.
This is for speaking "bad" about RS.
http://solidcointalk.org/topic/482-solidcointalk-mod-bashing-rs-at-bitcoin-forum/

EDIT:

I am replying to this entire drama on here, because honestly I am not going to waste my time creating a new account over at slctalk.

RS I was not speaking "bad" about you in this thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=53394.msg636801#msg636801. If anything I was just letting my feelings out on how disgusted I have become with this entire section of the forum. However, EVEN IF I WAS talking bad about you, being banned and demoted is not the way any serious adult handles any situation.

Migi
If you would like your payment for winning the design contest please message me for payment in BTC.

I am a man of my word, and I won't let you shove me out of the community and make me out to be the "bad guy", when I didn't do anything other than express my frustrations on all the bullshit that you claim.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
December 02, 2011, 10:46:55 PM

I can see how that might be upsetting.

Since you are in the know, do you mind explaining what advantages you think that Solidcoin has over Bitcoin?

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
FlipPro (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 02, 2011, 10:53:04 PM
Last edit: December 02, 2011, 11:39:09 PM by FlipPro

I can see how that might be upsetting.

Since you are in the know, do you mind explaining what advantages you think that Solidcoin has over Bitcoin?
There is none.

This project started off as ONE THING and has morphed into an ugly manifestation of one man’s frustrations at never living up to any of his own expectations.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
December 02, 2011, 10:53:25 PM

Saw this coming a mile away.  The only thing I never understood was why some many (relatively speaking) people went along w/ ScamCoin and King RealScam to begin with.
coblee
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1653
Merit: 1286

Creator of Litecoin. Cryptocurrency enthusiast.

View Profile
December 02, 2011, 11:01:33 PM

Apparantley I have been demoted as moderator, and basically banned from the Solidcoin forum.
http://solidcointalk.org/topic/482-solidcointalk-mod-bashing-rs-at-bitcoin-forum/

Honestly, you should not have been surprised. RS is quick with banning people on IRC. And there has been many cases of him censoring stuff on his forum. Say something bad about SC and RS on his forum, you will find yourself banned and your posts censored or cleaned up. Say something bad about SC and RS here, do you really expect to still be a moderator on his forum? Smiley

FlipPro (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 02, 2011, 11:03:57 PM

Honestly, you should not have been surprised. RS is quick with banning people on IRC. And there has been many cases of him censoring stuff on his forum. Say something bad about SC and RS on his forum, you will find yourself banned and your posts censored or cleaned up. Say something bad about SC and RS here, do you really expect to still be a moderator on his forum? Smiley

He portrays himself to be someone who listens to all opinions. This has now been proven to be false...

EDIT: As a ex-mod (LOL) over there, I can testify that posts aren't "deleted" regularly like some here claim.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
December 02, 2011, 11:10:24 PM

He portrays himself to be someone who listens to all opinions. This has now been proven to be false...

EDIT: As a ex-mod (LOL) over there, I can testify that posts aren't "deleted" regularly like some here claim.

When I pointed out that ScamCoin was unlawfully using BerkeleyDB my username was changed, then banned, the threat title changed, and 2 of my posts deleted.  Just because you were too blinded to see it, doesn't mean it didn't happen (and often).
CoinHunter

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 02, 2011, 11:24:19 PM

You haven't been banned flippro, you were just removed as a moderator. I think people expect a certain behaviour when you have a higher standing in the community and you failed to meet those standards. So now you're just a normal user and people won't hold you high in SolidCoin terms anymore, allowing you the freedom to speak your mind without that pressure. Better for all involved isn't it?

Try SolidCoin or talk with other SolidCoin supporters here SolidCoin Forums
CoinHunter

View Profile
December 02, 2011, 11:26:18 PM

When I pointed out that ScamCoin was unlawfully using BerkeleyDB my username was changed, then banned, the threat title changed, and 2 of my posts deleted.  Just because you were too blinded to see it, doesn't mean it didn't happen (and often).

Haha yeah. It's funny when you retell the story in your head you make it out like you're some civil person when in reality you were trolling and being offensive. Move on with it, we don't want people like you active on that forum because you don't know how to act with other people. You're offensive.

FlipPro (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 02, 2011, 11:28:37 PM

@FlipPro, I have absolutely zero sympathy for you as you were one the hard core Solidcoin fanboys early on. Everything you are suddenly having an epiphany on right now was evident to many of us here on the day it launched. Concerning the deleted post, I personally made more than 25 post over there asking legitimate questions about SC20 prior to launch. I also asked questions about the source code after launch. I was banned and my post heavily edited before finally being removed.
I have no sympathy for anyone who was trolling the SLC forum and got legitimately banned. I can reference to about 20 threads, including some of my OWN threads asking these very same legitimate questions, most of these posts are still there. However, I am only one person and I have been working on behalf of the entire crypto-community to keep information as transparent as possible. Look at this thread for example http://solidcointalk.org/topic/382-some-concerns/ . SO much censorship right?
FlipPro (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 02, 2011, 11:29:19 PM

You haven't been banned flippro, you were just removed as a moderator. I think people expect a certain behaviour when you have a higher standing in the community and you failed to meet those standards. So now you're just a normal user and people won't hold you high in SolidCoin terms anymore, allowing you the freedom to speak your mind without that pressure. Better for all involved isn't it?
I show as "guest".

People only show as guest when someone bans them. Maybe you didn't ban me, but someone did...
CoinHunter

View Profile
December 02, 2011, 11:34:20 PM

I show as "guest".

People only show as guest when someone bans them. Maybe you didn't ban me, but someone did...

Well I haven't banned you and I don't think anyone else has either.... perhaps you just logged out?

CoinHunter

View Profile
December 02, 2011, 11:39:54 PM

My threads were not abusive but simply asked legitimate questions about the source code that you didn't want to answer.
But anyway I 100% agree with FlipPro and his character assessment of you. Just another in the list of people turning on you.

Yes it's easy to say they weren't offensive when I've removed your vile rubbish off the internet. You really need to learn how to act with other people in a community if you want to participate in all communities. Just because this forum is a free for all insult fest doesn't mean every place is. Some children and immature people like yourself need better parenting or something.

CoinHunter

View Profile
December 02, 2011, 11:42:50 PM

I show as "guest".

Well I haven't banned you and I don't think anyone else has either.... perhaps you just logged out?

Ok it seems I accidentally deleted your account and someone elses in the process. I thought I was removing you from the category but it seems it meant delete the account.... oops. Smiley

It's being fixed. Sorry about that.

FlipPro (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 02, 2011, 11:49:44 PM

I wont be posting there anymore RS.

Thank you for unbanning my account, but if you listen to people like Rico, I have no faith in the future of Solidcoin.  

Maybe he'll make a good moderator now that I'm gone.  Undecided
CoinHunter

View Profile
December 02, 2011, 11:54:24 PM

Thank you for unbanning my account, but if you listen to people like Rico, I have no faith in the future of Solidcoin.  

I wasn't listening to only rico, he is just another in a long line of people that have questioned why you are a moderator. Your behaviour has just gotten progressive worse which is why it was done now. I don't think you need that pressure of being a moderator and having people take cheap shots at you like they have. If you value the "community" here and don't want some of them insulting you because you're a mod or using you as some political talk piece then not being a mod is a good start for that.

Are you still going to come good on those SC offers you made to other people or are you also turning your back on that too?

FlipPro (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 02, 2011, 11:55:54 PM
Last edit: December 03, 2011, 12:07:00 AM by FlipPro

I wasn't listening to only rico, he is just another in a long line of people that have questioned why you are a moderator. Your behaviour has just gotten progressive worse which is why it was done now. I don't think you need that pressure of being a moderator and having people take cheap shots at you like they have. If you value the "community" here and don't want some of them insulting you because you're a mod or using you as some political talk piece then not being a mod is a good start for that.

Are you still going to come good on those SC offers you made to other people or are you also turning your back on that too?
Yeah Migi won the design contest. Please tell him to PM me and I will pay out his winnings I promised.

EDIT: I am not turning my back on anything. I was the one that got  Demoted AND Banned for no reason.

The biggest thing that I don't get about you RS, is you can't simply come out and say.

I'M HUMAN
I said some STUPID SHIT when SC1 was first started, and made promises I simply could not keep. And now I am trying my best to fix all these issues in a timely manner, all because…
I'M HUMAN

Sorry for messing up.

Is it that hard for you RS?
FlipPro (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 03, 2011, 12:11:13 AM

I'm taking odds on who is the next Coinhunter groupie to be thrown out on the streets Viper Lemon Bitch or Clipse?

I cannot even believe I am about to semi defend Coinhunter, but let's get real Flip. You come over here trash talking CH and expect to NOT get banned?  Grin Grin Grin
LOL thats what gets me. I was DEFENDING HIM, despite all the bullshit, and unfavorable decisions he has made as commander.  

RS has done nothing, I am just tired of battling all the FUD. And to be quite honest right now, SC seems like more of a liability than an investment. This is sad because I like many here own NMC,SC,and LTC.
I mean when I say that, all these "altcoins" have "weaknesses", and investing in them is risky as HELL.
coblee
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1653
Merit: 1286

Creator of Litecoin. Cryptocurrency enthusiast.

View Profile
December 03, 2011, 12:15:07 AM

I think it's more about this quote:
I have come to the conclusion that the way RS has conducted himself has not benefited SC or any of it's investors...

CoinHunter

View Profile
December 03, 2011, 12:17:33 AM

The biggest thing that I don't get about you RS, is you can't simply come out and say.

I'M HUMAN
I said some STUPID SHIT when SC1 was first started, and made promises I simply could not keep. And now I am trying my best to fix all these issues in a timely manner, all because…
I'M HUMAN

Sorry for messing up.

Is it that hard for you RS?

I pretty much think I am always saying a lot of stupid shit, it's just my personality to joke around a lot. I think people get confused with what's a joke or what isn't. But nevertheless I'm not sure what you're referencing in regards to SC1. There has been plenty of things I said that I shouldn't have said if I was more politically orientated. But I'm not that way inclined and it's why I wouldn't make a good public leader of SolidCoin when it becomes more successful and why there is a secession plan in place to relegate me to "lowly" coder status. Smiley

You shouldn't really let people get to you on an internet forum, it's just text on a screen. I've been dealing with trolls and offensive people for over a decade in supporting my other businesses and projects so I'm used to it. But most people aren't.

There is a reason SolidCoin is the #2 cryptocurrency and gaining on the #1 bitcoin. I have a lot of experience in working on products, advertising them, marketing them and working with others to build a community. That said I know my limitations too. Tongue

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: