Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 10:26:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Demoted&Banned for speaking "bad" about Solidcoin  (Read 2766 times)
FlipPro (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1015

View Profile
December 03, 2011, 07:59:49 AM

I'M HUMAN

I'M HUMAN

LOL  
No, you are a proven troll.
You completely deserve by your own actions what you get.
Did you even bother to read the post? I wasn't even referring to myself you moron.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
johnj

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 03, 2011, 08:01:14 AM

"Truth is treason in an empire of lies"

Guess it even applies small-scale.

1AeW7QK59HvEJwiyMztFH1ubWPSLLKx5ym
TradeHill Referral TH-R120549
sd

Activity: 730
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 03, 2011, 06:38:07 PM

There is a reason SolidCoin is the #2 cryptocurrency and gaining on the #1 bitcoin. I have a lot of experience in working on products, advertising them, marketing them and working with others to build a community. That said I know my limitations too. Tongue

Napoleon complex. None of the above is true.
Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
December 03, 2011, 08:28:32 PM

Lol what do you expect from the scamcoin forum?  Roll Eyes

Explodicle

Activity: 950
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 03, 2011, 10:37:44 PM

I think we should make an effort to be nice to people who get burned like this. It's easy to say it was obvious to you, but these things happen to the best of us sometimes. I know I was a damn fool to trust MyBitcoin.
PatrickHarnett

Activity: 518

View Profile
December 04, 2011, 12:12:42 AM

Apparantley I have been demoted as moderator, and basically banned from the Solidcoin forum.
This is for speaking "bad" about RS.
http://solidcointalk.org/topic/482-solidcointalk-mod-bashing-rs-at-bitcoin-forum/

Catching up.  FlipPro - When I saw the title my opinion was one of sympathy because you put a lot of effort into something, and it didn't turn out particularly well.  Yes you've argued a case and been bashed in the forums for it, but the mix of opinions and views makes the debate interesting and/or entertaining.

SC's posts in reply don't add anything to the solidcoin cause.
localhost

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 05, 2011, 02:05:06 PM

This project started off as ONE THING and has morphed into an ugly manifestation of one man’s frustrations at never living up to any of his own expectations.
I quite agree. I liked the concept behind SC 1, but SC 2 smelt so fishy from the beginning that I didn't run it for more than a few minutes. I guess it just took you longer to realize that (and a little direct help from RS Grin).

RS has done nothing, I am just tired of battling all the FUD. And to be quite honest right now, SC seems like more of a liability than an investment. This is sad because I like many here own NMC,SC,and LTC.
I mean when I say that, all these "altcoins" have "weaknesses", and investing in them is risky as HELL.
Yup, that's why I'm sticking with BTC (which is risky enough already) and only throw remaining idle CPU power to other cryptocurrencies. That's probably what quite a few other people do, which would explain why the only remaining living alt cryptocurrencies are CPU-biased (with the exception of the merged-mining one).

-
Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
December 05, 2011, 03:05:34 PM

I think we should make an effort to be nice to people who get burned like this. It's easy to say it was obvious to you, but these things happen to the best of us sometimes. I know I was a damn fool to trust MyBitcoin.
If you were speaking to me, i was being sarcastic  Cheesy He should not be angry for the demotion and ban, given the forum from where he got banned  Cheesy Actually, the fact that he got banned is a good thing, it means he is a clever guy

Explodicle

Activity: 950
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 05, 2011, 04:21:46 PM

If you were speaking to me, i was being sarcastic  Cheesy He should not be angry for the demotion and ban, given the forum from where he got banned  Cheesy Actually, the fact that he got banned is a good thing, it means he is a clever guy

I wasn't referring to anyone in particular, but thank you for elaborating. Sometimes internet jokes whizz over my head. Smiley
LoupGaroux

Activity: 574

View Profile
December 05, 2011, 04:44:05 PM

Flipper- welcome to the Dark Side. Here you will find that skepticism and healthy doubt still have a place in the community of men, and open debate still remains as the hallmark of honest discourse. You remain a complete tool for having been rs's little mouthpiece, but at least you are now a tool that I can communicate with without laughing my ass off at your blindness. In time you will drop off the shame of your toolishness and rejoin civilized society.

And on a slight tangent... did you notice how every single post that real-douche meade was a complete vindication of what Flip stated? Censorship? Yup. Banned? Yup again, although it was only collateral damage when he was banning someone else (as if the dossiers were next to each other and his electronic chainsaw cut too wide of a swath!). Editing post? Sure enough, Captain Super Coder to the rescue, when you say something that isn't in full praise of his Remarkable Assholishness, then your posts will be changed. Delusions of Godhood? Dead on the money- "secession plan in place" (sic) he thinks he is so important that he wants to Anoint the Next Anointed One. But his utter lack of intelligence comes shining through once again-

se·ces·sion   [si-sesh-uhn] noun
1.  an act or instance of seceding.
2. ( often initial capital letter ) U.S. History . the withdrawal from the Union of 11 Southern states in the period 1860–61, which brought on the Civil War.
3. ( usually initial capital letter ) Fine Arts . a style of art in Germany and Austria concurrent with and related to Art Nouveau.

Trusting that he was not referring to shortbus-coin as an fork of the Art Nouveau blockchain, I wonder if the big word he was looking for was actually...

suc·ces·sion  [suhk-sesh-uhn] noun
1. the coming of one person or thing after another in order, sequence, or in the course of events: many troubles in succession.
2. a number of persons or things following one another in order or sequence.
3. the right, act, or process, by which one person succeeds  to the office, rank, estate, or the like, of another.
4. the order or line of those entitled to succeed  one another.
5. the descent or transmission of a throne, dignity, estate, or the like. Sound familiar?

I wonder if the successor gets to wear the same tiara and carry the Holy Staff of Scam when he parades through the adoring throngs?

k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 05, 2011, 04:57:40 PM

Flipper- welcome to the Dark Side. Here you will find that skepticism and healthy doubt still have a place in the community of men, and open debate still remains as the hallmark of honest discourse. You remain a complete tool for having been rs's little mouthpiece, but at least you are now a tool that I can communicate with without laughing my ass off at your blindness. In time you will drop off the shame of your toolishness and rejoin civilized society.

And on a slight tangent... did you notice how every single post that real-douche meade was a complete vindication of what Flip stated? Censorship? Yup. Banned? Yup again, although it was only collateral damage when he was banning someone else (as if the dossiers were next to each other and his electronic chainsaw cut too wide of a swath!). Editing post? Sure enough, Captain Super Coder to the rescue, when you say something that isn't in full praise of his Remarkable Assholishness, then your posts will be changed. Delusions of Godhood? Dead on the money- "secession plan in place" (sic) he thinks he is so important that he wants to Anoint the Next Anointed One. But his utter lack of intelligence comes shining through once again-

se·ces·sion   [si-sesh-uhn] noun
1.  an act or instance of seceding.
2. ( often initial capital letter ) U.S. History . the withdrawal from the Union of 11 Southern states in the period 1860–61, which brought on the Civil War.
3. ( usually initial capital letter ) Fine Arts . a style of art in Germany and Austria concurrent with and related to Art Nouveau.

Trusting that he was not referring to shortbus-coin as an fork of the Art Nouveau blockchain, I wonder if the big word he was looking for was actually...

suc·ces·sion  [suhk-sesh-uhn] noun
1. the coming of one person or thing after another in order, sequence, or in the course of events: many troubles in succession.
2. a number of persons or things following one another in order or sequence.
3. the right, act, or process, by which one person succeeds  to the office, rank, estate, or the like, of another.
4. the order or line of those entitled to succeed  one another.
5. the descent or transmission of a throne, dignity, estate, or the like. Sound familiar?

I wonder if the successor gets to wear the same tiara and carry the Holy Staff of Scam when he parades through the adoring throngs?

Throngs plural? I can't see there being enough Scamcoinites to form a single throng, let alone multiple throngs.
Otherwise spot on.  Grin

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
LoupGaroux

Activity: 574

View Profile
December 05, 2011, 05:09:06 PM

^ Ah good point. I was going to say "masses" but I couldn't picture real-douche and his 12 apostle sock-puppets constituting a single mass, unfortunately I carried the misplaced plural into my comment. I also substituted "meade" for "made" thinking that a tasty medieval adult beverage was more fun to think about than real-douche actually trying to craft something.

Except maybe finger painting. He and his ilk would probably be pretty talented at finger painting.
PatrickHarnett

Activity: 518

View Profile
December 05, 2011, 07:32:08 PM

Ah, more morning entertainment.  Smiley

I was idly ruminating that for an anarchist (Solidcoin was promoted as being anti bank among others), and having total centralized control reinforce the schizophrenia of this little alt-coin.  (and I apologize for hurting the feelings of those that actually do have schizophrenia.)

It's worth repeating that trusted nodes need people with real money and effort at risk to secure the system.  So the initial nodes were created out of thin air placing a value on trusted nodes of approximately zero.  Not quite the logic that would really give a serious user confidence.

Decl of interest - approx 70 SC 1.0 somewhere on the original client.  Not enough to buy a decent beer (but maybe enough for a San Miguel if I was in Manila).
freequant

Activity: 770

View Profile
December 06, 2011, 02:10:24 PM

Apparantley I have been demoted as moderator, and basically banned from the Solidcoin forum.
Good for you, now you make better use of your time.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: