Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 06:15:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Evergrande and China collapse Bitcoin?  (Read 90 times)
gagux123 (OP)

Activity: 1554
Merit: 805

The Alliance Of Bitcointalk Translators - ENG>POR

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2021, 07:14:05 AM

Hello guys, how are you?

I'm just creating this topic to discuss the current status of the Evergrade company and China's Bitcoin prohibition.

I would like to know your opinion about this theme and how will this really affect cryptoactives in the future?

We all know superficially the situation of Tether (USDT) these days, and I don't know if this is really true, because Tether has billions in Chinese commercial paper's and and that makes me worried

A few days ago China announced once again that it will ban Bitcoin.

I believe the market and economy around the world is not doing very well, and I believe these events are only accelerating the process towards a possible market crash in the future.

I don't know if this will actually happen, but I believe this type of behavior is something to observe

gagux123.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TryNinja
Legendary

Activity: 2814
Merit: 6971

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2021, 07:59:14 PM

because Tether has billions in Chinese commercial paper's and and that makes me worried
Source?

AFAIK, they never said they own any Chinese paper. Of course, one could assume they do, since they denied having any from Evergrande, but didn't deny having Chinese ones.
gagux123 (OP)

Activity: 1554
Merit: 805

The Alliance Of Bitcointalk Translators - ENG>POR

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2021, 10:29:19 AM

because Tether has billions in Chinese commercial paper's and and that makes me worried
Source?

AFAIK, they never said they own any Chinese paper. Of course, one could assume they do, since they denied having any from Evergrande, but didn't deny having Chinese ones.
Look, at this point you're correct, I preempted myself.

I conducted a survey and realized that Tether has approximately $20 billion in commercial papers. But they didn't specify.
Tether said it doesn't have any Evergrande commercial paper (I doubt that)

I don't know how this story will end, but I hope it doesn't end in a bad way.

Sources
Stablecoin Tether says holds on Evergrande commercial paper - https://www.reuters.com/business/finance/stablecoin-tether-says-holds-no-evergrande-commercial-paper-2021-09-16/

Tether's commercial paper disclosure places it among global giants - https://www.ft.com/content/342966af-98dc-4b48-b997-38c00804270a

Kanjeung

Activity: 319
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 29, 2021, 01:07:21 PM

Hello guys, how are you?

I'm just creating this topic to discuss the current status of the Evergrade company and China's Bitcoin prohibition.

I would like to know your opinion about this theme and how will this really affect cryptoactives in the future?

We all know superficially the situation of Tether (USDT) these days, and I don't know if this is really true, because Tether has billions in Chinese commercial paper's and and that makes me worried

I believe the market and economy around the world is not doing very well, and I believe these events are only accelerating the process towards a possible market crash in the future.

I don't know if this will actually happen, but I believe this type of behavior is something to observe

gagux123.
I don't think so, it's just Chinese talk, it's part of their strategy, you know the Chinese? They are smart people in every way. Binance market owner is Chinese. their owner will never close easily, the income that Binance generates is huge to the local government, especially China.

If I have to speak, I'm not accusing the Chinese, but I want to say that the Chinese want to dominate cryptocurrency by banning bitcoin, so it doesn't have a fantastic price. Then the Chinese can buy bitcoins at a low price and sell them at a high price. they are very good at making global issues.
Ebede

Activity: 868
Merit: 38

Join hands and help me to grow everybody...

View Profile
September 30, 2021, 02:57:15 AM

Hello guys, how are you?

gagux123.
I don't think so, it's just Chinese talk, it's part of their strategy, you know the Chinese? They are smart people in every way. Binance market owner is Chinese. their owner will never close easily, the income that Binance generates is huge to the local government, especially China.

If I have to speak, I'm not accusing the Chinese, but I want to say that the Chinese want to dominate cryptocurrency by banning bitcoin, so it doesn't have a fantastic price. Then the Chinese can buy bitcoins at a low price and sell them at a high price. they are very good at making global issues.

I'd be on the same page with you on this, China has been doing everything possible to dominate the world...if crypto currency currently buzzing I think it's all because of em.
But still wondering why they have decided to scrape everything concerning Crypto Currency.
MNbag

Activity: 116
Merit: 45

View Profile
October 03, 2021, 12:02:02 PM

Well, we shouldn't trust what Tether says as they have incentives to lie to you.

This company holds the same status as Lehman Brothers as too big to fail.

If it fails, then liquidity dries up. This leads to investors taking their money out of the crypto market.

If it doesn't collapse Bitcoin, it would maim it.
AnoniX1

Activity: 237
Merit: 19

View Profile
October 04, 2021, 01:31:06 PM

No imo.

China throw away a big chance with these decisions. Can be good for Bitcoin if everything is more decentraled.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: