Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 09:09:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Core 22.0 Released  (Read 2552 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (20 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
ABCbits
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 7409

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile
November 20, 2021, 12:03:07 PM
Merited by pooya87 (2), vv181 (1)

Hi, run
Code:
./bitcoind -server -daemon=1 -prune=2024

, why error?

Looks like hardware error to me, but i can't be sure without additional log.

~
Seems like your system got run out of memory. How much RAM does your PC have? Also, do you run some specific bitcoin.conf configurations?

Unlikely, if his system ran out of memory he should see message such as "Killed" or "kernel: Out of memory: Kill process XXXXX".

Anyway, you better post a thread on Bitcoin Technical Support board and make sure you read [READ BEFORE POSTING] Tech Support Help Request Format post.

I agree, but i also recommend to include relevant line of your system log.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Foxpup
Legendary

Activity: 4340
Merit: 3042

Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023

View Profile
November 22, 2021, 05:01:44 AM

Unlikely, if his system ran out of memory he should see message such as "Killed" or "kernel: Out of memory: Kill process XXXXX".
You mean the "oom_kill_process" and "out_of_memory" lines aren't good enough for you?

Will pretend to do unspeakable things (while actually eating a taco) for bitcoins: 1K6d1EviQKX3SVKjPYmJGyWBb1avbmCFM4
I am not on the scammers' paradise known as Telegram! Do not believe anyone claiming to be me off-forum without a signed message from the above address! Accept no excuses and make no exceptions!
gelius

Activity: 292
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 22, 2021, 07:19:09 PM

why?
vv181
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273

View Profile
November 22, 2021, 07:41:58 PM

You are typing an incorrect option/parameter. Actually, you can see the reference by running ./bitcoin-cli --help

Or depending on what you need/want you can just see the below reference:
RPC API Reference
Bitcoin CLI JSON RPC
gelius

Activity: 292
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 23, 2021, 01:44:02 AM

fine, how i can view wallet address?
darkv0rt3x

Activity: 1204
Merit: 657

I rather die on my feet than to live on my knees

View Profile
March 29, 2022, 10:52:01 AM

Hello. Is it already possible, with this latest release, to generate the P2TR addresses or the PR is not yet merged into the release? I can see from some stackexchange posts that by the time those posts were made, a Taproot descriptor needed to be created and then imported into the wallet, and only in signet, to prevent loss of funds.

How is this right now?
There was this description on how to do it, though:
https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/pipermail/bitcoin-dev/2021-October/019543.html

Bitcoin is energy. Bitcoin is freedom
I rather die on my feet than living on my knees!
vv181
Legendary

View Profile
March 31, 2022, 07:01:16 AM

Hello. Is it already possible, with this latest release, to generate the P2TR addresses or the PR is not yet merged into the release? I can see from some stackexchange posts that by the time those posts were made, a Taproot descriptor needed to be created and then imported into the wallet, and only in signet, to prevent loss of funds.

How is this right now?
https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/pipermail/bitcoin-dev/2021-October/019543.html
Bitcoin Core 22.0 doesn't include the Taproot descriptor yet and the PR21500 that is required by the tutorial hasn't been merged at the 22.0 release.

I believe if you running the latest master branch, you should be able to generate the address. The last time I tried to play around with Taproot is when I'm using the #22364 @Achow101 branch and could successfully make a transaction on testnet.
darkv0rt3x

View Profile
March 31, 2022, 07:07:00 PM

How is this right now?
Bitcoin Core 22.0 doesn't include the Taproot descriptor yet and the PR21500 that is required by the tutorial hasn't been merged at the 22.0 release.

I believe if you running the latest master branch, you should be able to generate the address. The last time I tried to play around with Taproot is when I'm using the #22364 @Achow101 branch and could successfully make a transaction on testnet.

Oh, ok. I really appreciate your feedback. I'll take a look to that PR of @Achow101 branch and maybe I'll give it a try myself also on the testnet just to have the feeling of how it works. And another question I have is if this new address also helps in any way reducing the space taken for transactions??

vv181
Legendary

View Profile
April 01, 2022, 01:01:50 PM

And another question I have is if this new address also helps in any way reducing the space taken for transactions??
If I understand Taproot correctly, the least I know is that Taproot does make multisig transactions smaller but besides that, there isn't much improvement.

Take it with a grain of salt since I didn't comprehend Taproot fully. I remember some users have made a thread comparing bitcoin transaction size with P2TR tx, but I can't remember which one and where, surely it's on the technical board.
darkv0rt3x

View Profile
April 02, 2022, 01:14:06 PM

And another question I have is if this new address also helps in any way reducing the space taken for transactions??
If I understand Taproot correctly, the least I know is that Taproot does make multisig transactions smaller but besides that, there isn't much improvement.

Take it with a grain of salt since I didn't comprehend Taproot fully. I remember some users have made a thread comparing bitcoin transaction size with P2TR tx, but I can't remember which one and where, surely it's on the technical board.

Yeah, that part I know. I think maybe my question might even be confusing and maybe even non-sensical. I mean, I'm not sure if the fact that the Taproot makes it as a whole or the Taproot implementation can be separated from the P2TR addresses, because I think Taproot is used weather you use P2TR addresses or not. So, my question was like if Taproot + P2TR saves more space and brings more privacy than only Taproot itself (not using P2TR).

tuvana

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 03, 2022, 09:08:48 PM

anyone know who is the creator of this website and how to take funds out of this? any help would be appreciated

https://blockchaincore.net/

vv181
Legendary

View Profile
April 03, 2022, 09:28:16 PM

~
Where do you found that site and how did you manage to have funds within the site?

The site is shady and most likely it is a scam. If you take a look at the testimonial section, all the reviewed photos are using publicly available photos.

And best if you have trouble and feel scammed, you post some thread with clarification on Scam accusations board: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=83.0
darkv0rt3x

View Profile
April 06, 2022, 07:54:42 AM

anyone know who is the creator of this website and how to take funds out of this? any help would be appreciated

https://blockchaincore.net/

Yeah, pay close attention to any site that is not the official site. And when downloading from official sites, always spend a few more minutes checking signatures of the files you download. It's not that hard and it always pay off, as you will always know you're downloading the real stuff!
Never take down your guard!

achow101 (OP)
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 6551

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2022, 06:15:35 PM
Merited by DireWolfM14 (1), Mbitr (1)

Bitcoin Core 23.0 has been released: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5396054.0

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: