Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 05:36:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is CoinMarketCap a scam?  (Read 548 times)
Kelvinid

Activity: 2800
Merit: 344

when lambo...

View Profile
September 22, 2021, 01:55:42 PM

Coinmarketcap is a real and genuine platform for crypto market analysis, where coins that have entered the CMC  have good value in the future,
CMC has its own criteria in assessing a coin where what is seen is the volume of sales within a certain time which is determined by CMC itself Maybe
so Coinmarketcap is definitely not a scam for me

But CoinMarketCap was acquired by Binance for $400M on Apr 1, 2020. That's why there can be something fishy from Binance.
Again its true that Binance can make their own decisions in CoinmarketCap website easily.So we should research by own to know about the project details beside CoinmarketCap.
Does it mean that Binance now is controlling the market today? I don't think so and in fact, I'd never know how it does but what I saw is that the market remains decentralized and it moves freely in accordance with the demand and market supply.

With that Binance listing have their own criteria, that's their rules and I think there is no need to question than unless it was really questionable but as it talks only about listing, I believe there is such a requirement. Does the rank really matter? I'd never look that hard but I'd rather look at the potentiality and use-case of the project as that was the ticket for its success, not their ranks.

freebitcoin       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▀█████
PLAY NOW
█████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
perfect999

Activity: 1596
Merit: 299

View Profile
September 22, 2021, 08:18:18 PM

There are nothing proven with some date that he alleged Coinmarketcap is a SCAM. Binance own CMC in approximately 200 million USD. So that you shouldn’t think there are manipulating in coin data if they controlled this site. And you can checked a couple of alternative site where you will be comfortable.
Peoples spreading unauthentic rumours which are without any solid proof and nothing with this all Binance can't control coins they only have control in coinmarketcap, and they are posting all data about them which is not controlling or have any other thing related to this project.

For reaching in coinmarketcap they have some stick criteria without this they are not allowing coins/tokens to be listed may be sometime due to some technical error we have issues in data, but one thing is sure Binance is very user-friendly and developing this all very quickly for all users and projects.
Spack17

Activity: 1610
Merit: 271

View Profile
September 22, 2021, 08:28:14 PM

I don't think that Coinmarketcap is related to being scam in any way. If it was, it would already be detected and the website wouldn't continue to work. I agree that sometimes there can technical problems with the cryptocurrency prices for example. But this doesn't prove that the website is doing this on purpose. In this situation, we can use another website like Coingecko etc. until the problem is solved. And they really solved the problem every time too.
Ever-young

Activity: 1176
Merit: 162

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2021, 09:00:19 PM

Coinmarketcap is not scam and can't be, it's one of the best and most use coin tracker, if their are errors noticed on coin ranking it might probably be because of the market situation, and an error from the trading exchange which does not give an accurate trading price.

Almasani

Activity: 854
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2021, 09:10:01 PM

I’ve been using them for years, I know Binance owns them…but I can’t understand why page 3 (starting at #201 Hex) has coins like Safemoon, that have a higher market cap than every coin on page 2…but is stuck on page 3.

It’s like they put a velvet rope at coin #201, and only some coins can pass beyond that, and others can’t.

What is the explanation? Do you have to pay Binance to get past this velvet rope? Does someone at Binance try and decided what’s “worthy” of being on the first two pages?

If we look at market capitalization, HEX tokens are much higher than MVL, but CMC's position is better in MVL than HEX. Apart from that, the daily trading volume is also higher HEX compared to MVL. I don't understand what Coinmarketcap is working on. Maybe there's another way they set the CMC's best position?

Rank #200 MVL Marketcap $181,454,119 Volume $9,256,607
Rank #201 HEX Marketcap $75,852,139,614 Volume $59,253,502
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: