Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 01:16:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will cryptocurrencies eliminate the need for credit/debit cards in the future?  (Read 699 times)
masterrex

Activity: 1820
Merit: 107

View Profile
September 03, 2022, 07:43:51 AM

IMHO, I dont think so, because the debit cards and credit cards are not against each other since some functions from credit/debit cards and crypto are identical so there's no such word as close completion between the two platforms because both platforms can be adjusted depending on the situation they were applied. so I believe both services will share the market potential and survive in the future.
icalical

Activity: 1372
Merit: 268

Graphic & Motion Designer

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2022, 09:29:31 AM

Will crypto eliminate the credit/debit card? Probably not, but will it take over the domination, most likely yes. Crypto more seamless than Credit and Debit card, however the biggest challenge is the credit score, most people using credit card to get credit score so they can get some loan from bank.

Imran232

Activity: 700
Merit: 182

View Profile
September 10, 2022, 06:45:55 PM

<.........................>

Yes, I have the same opinion as you regarding this topic. Look, I am also very comfortable using digital payment systems in lieu of using cash. Just imagine you have to pay a huge amount of cash now. It is really impossible to carry that cash. There would be several problems. But I can carry more than that amount without carrying cash. I just need to carry my smartphone and I can pay the amount easily. Though I am not a big supporter of credit or debit, they charge a very good amount for them, but what is a loss for me? If our country approved BTC, then obviously I would be very comfortable using BTC and Crypto. because it will be the easiest and safest. That's my overall opinion regarding this. Thank you.
Ureung jameun

Activity: 412
Merit: 13

Trident Protocol | Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!

View Profile
September 17, 2022, 06:29:32 PM

Every day, people are getting more used to digital payments with crypto due to the numerous benefits it provides. There are no chargebacks, no middleman, and lower fees. Comparing crypto against traditional credit/debit cards issued by banks, I'd say crypto wins by a long shot. Merchants and businesses are slowly accepting crypto as payment method, so we should see credit/debit cards lose traction in the long run. Even VISA announced that it will be using Blockchain tech for its own benefit.

The way I see this will turn out in the future is that credit/debit cards will cease to exist as they're replaced by stablecoins and decentralized cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin and Ethereum. Maybe VISA, Mastercard, American Express, and Discover will make stablecoins of their own? If credit/debit cards are eliminated, then we'll be on the right path towards a full-fledged cashless society. Instead of carrying with a physical wallet full of paper money or plastic cards, you would only carry a smartphone with a digital wallet containing the coins of your choice.

What do you think? Will cryptocurrencies eliminate the need for credit/debit cards in the future? If not, why? Your input will be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much. Smiley

what you say doesn't make sense to me because it's all bullshit. because it is impossible for Cryptocurency to eliminate the need for people to use Debit/Credit cards. so don't mix water and oil because they won't stick together. because not all people on earth know and believe in cryptocurrencies so that until now many countries do not have special rules regarding the circulation of cryptocurrencies.

Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!      │     TRIDENT PROTOCOL     │      HIGH FIXED APY  >>> 382,945%
THE HIGH PAYING AUTO-STAKING & AUTO-COMPOUNDING PROTOCOL
████████████|           Twitter           |          Telegram          |            Reddit            |████████████
WeThePe0ple

Activity: 192
Merit: 22

View Profile
September 17, 2022, 06:52:05 PM

Every day, people are getting more used to digital payments with crypto due to the numerous benefits it provides. There are no chargebacks, no middleman, and lower fees. Comparing crypto against traditional credit/debit cards issued by banks, I'd say crypto wins by a long shot. Merchants and businesses are slowly accepting crypto as payment method, so we should see credit/debit cards lose traction in the long run. Even VISA announced that it will be using Blockchain tech for its own benefit.

The way I see this will turn out in the future is that credit/debit cards will cease to exist as they're replaced by stablecoins and decentralized cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin and Ethereum. Maybe VISA, Mastercard, American Express, and Discover will make stablecoins of their own? If credit/debit cards are eliminated, then we'll be on the right path towards a full-fledged cashless society. Instead of carrying with a physical wallet full of paper money or plastic cards, you would only carry a smartphone with a digital wallet containing the coins of your choice.

What do you think? Will cryptocurrencies eliminate the need for credit/debit cards in the future? If not, why? Your input will be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much. Smiley

I believe that all of the above is true. And while it is probably not okay that cash in hand money disappears, I'm looking forward to a world in which central bankers can not manipulate our purchasing power by printing tons of money and by charging intrest on loans of money that they do not possess.

I have read that HBAR (Hedera Hashgraph) of all blockchain technologies is the fastest, the cheapest and the most energy efficient.
Kevin O'Leary, a known billionaire from Shark Tank, has invested a significant amount of his portfolio in HBAR.

That said, I don't know where it stands in comparison to Ethereum after the merge.
Uruhara

Activity: 616
Merit: 597

View Profile
September 17, 2022, 08:31:25 PM

may be. but i guess debit card/credit card/visa will always be there. but I imagine someday debit cards and visas can also pay with crypto. so crypto and fiat can together become a means of payment.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████████████████████████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███