Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 05:47:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is bitcoin an asset or a currency?  (Read 1064 times)
DanWalker

Activity: 1932
Merit: 544

We are all the pieces of what we remember.

View Profile
November 15, 2021, 07:17:44 PM

Why not both? Bitcoin is an asset and a currency. For many people it is a bad currency because it is not as fast as credit cards but it is a good asset because it has been going up since its creation. USD is an asset too because FIAT is an asset. USD is a bad asset because it loses its value over time but it is a good currency because it is fast. (and anonymous when you pay with physical bills)
think that both are things that should and can be common. countries that support bitcoin consider bitcoin as a means of payment as well as an investment tool. choosing between the two will only confuse us.
Personally, until recently I used it as an asset because the price was very high and I plan to stock it in large quantities if the opportunity arises. however, I consider it both if universally
I had the same question as Why not both? Its considered as both. Yes those who hold it for a long term, its turned as asset and the waiting period is going to yield a huge profit as Bitcoin is move forward. And yes obviously its a currency. Its utilized as a currency as of now. Unlike other assets like gold, silver, platinum, diamond and land, Bitcoin and other crypto currencies have unique feature to be as an asset and as a currency. 

Yes, I've seen someone buy an air ticket by Bitcoin from online, he used Bitcoin to pay the fees, So it is okay to use Bitcoin as currency. Maybe some countries don't support any transaction via Bitcoin but still, You can use it to pay fees internationally. Suppose, in the USA no local shop accepts "Saudi Rial" as payment, but still, Saudi Rial is a currency.
As well Bitcoin is an asset too, cause it gives us interest continuously.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
izsara

Activity: 924
Merit: 15

View Profile
November 15, 2021, 07:51:09 PM

Why not both? Bitcoin is an asset and a currency. For many people it is a bad currency because it is not as fast as credit cards but it is a good asset because it has been going up since its creation. USD is an asset too because FIAT is an asset. USD is a bad asset because it loses its value over time but it is a good currency because it is fast. (and anonymous when you pay with physical bills)
think that both are things that should and can be common. countries that support bitcoin consider bitcoin as a means of payment as well as an investment tool. choosing between the two will only confuse us.
Personally, until recently I used it as an asset because the price was very high and I plan to stock it in large quantities if the opportunity arises. however, I consider it both if universally
appropriate. this is the most problem for people who really don't want to make bitcoin a legal tender.
on the other hand, when bitcoin is used as an option, this will make it easier for us to determine the means of payment because of course there will be other options besides fiat.
but when bitcoin is used as a basic payment, it will be confusing because it will be inconvenient

██                      ►          ⦁               1xBit.com     │     S p o r t s b o o k   &   C a s i n o               ⦁          ◀                      ██
                  WELCOME BONUS UP TO 7 BTC!                  ♣
██  ██████████████          ■                   30+ ALTCOINS AVAILABLE                   ■          ██████████████  ██
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]  All
  Print  

Jump to: