Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 06:54:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] KratosDAO [Optimisms First Reserve Currency] [DAO Protocol]  (Read 141 times)
kratosDAO (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 7
Merit: 4

View Profile
February 01, 2022, 05:35:07 AM

kratosDAO (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
February 01, 2022, 05:43:24 AM

reserved
Miiike
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1059

Wait... What?

View Profile
February 01, 2022, 03:15:20 PM

Just curious, isn't Kratos (both the name and that bald brawny man) a property of God of War and is supposedly protected by copyright? And you use them even though you're not officially affiliated with them?
kratosDAO (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
February 01, 2022, 03:35:56 PM

Just curious, isn't Kratos (both the name and that bald brawny man) a property of God of War and is supposedly protected by copyright? And you use them even though you're not officially affiliated with them?

The art used in the image is fan made and it isn't from sony. We have not used any images or story by sony.
Miiike
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1059

Wait... What?

View Profile
February 01, 2022, 04:14:45 PM

The art used in the image is fan made and it isn't from sony. We have not used any images or story by sony.

So... you use a free fanart to promote your brand instead of hiring someone to create something for you? I'm not sure if it's smart or cheap. That situation aside, I think our situation still standing; wasn't a fanart is acceptable and seen as a way for the fans to channel their enthusiasm as long as the art is not monetized? On this case, being used as a face for a brand?
julerz12
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1121

Telegram: @julerz12

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2022, 02:15:10 AM

I agree with the dude above. Branding and designs are crucial for any startup and project launch. While using the name Kratos (or Cratos) is fine since that name has been established since the entire Greek mythology is born, the face and entire look you guys used (bald old guy) has been designed by Charlie Wen from Santa Monica Studious. If ever this project gets successful, I'm pretty sure you would want to avoid legal problems with such a big company due to copyright issues. So, I suggest just removing that old bald guy from your website and hire someone to create your own avatar or arts and whatnot.

jc12345
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1013

View Profile
February 03, 2022, 11:25:21 AM

I am trying to understand what you are trying to achieve. From what I can gather is that you have a mechanism where people that bought Kratos can stake their tokens and where more can be bought. What I dont know is if you are just (1) telling the community about the fund, (2) telling the community that there will be a DAO where holders can vote or (3) asking for more money by asking people to invest. I tried looking for a whitepaper and tokenomics but couldn't find it and the FAQ on your website is empty. Can you please link us to your audit report by Peckshield?
kratosDAO (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
February 05, 2022, 08:36:35 AM

I agree with the dude above. Branding and designs are crucial for any startup and project launch. While using the name Kratos (or Cratos) is fine since that name has been established since the entire Greek mythology is born, the face and entire look you guys used (bald old guy) has been designed by Charlie Wen from Santa Monica Studious. If ever this project gets successful, I'm pretty sure you would want to avoid legal problems with such a big company due to copyright issues. So, I suggest just removing that old bald guy from your website and hire someone to create your own avatar or arts and whatnot.

That's the concerns that was raised initially. We have paid the designer to get our very own design. I see what you are saying and surely will try to get our very own kratos avator.
kratosDAO (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
February 05, 2022, 09:34:00 AM

I am trying to understand what you are trying to achieve. From what I can gather is that you have a mechanism where people that bought Kratos can stake their tokens and where more can be bought. What I dont know is if you are just (1) telling the community about the fund, (2) telling the community that there will be a DAO where holders can vote or (3) asking for more money by asking people to invest. I tried looking for a whitepaper and tokenomics but couldn't find it and the FAQ on your website is empty. Can you please link us to your audit report by Peckshield?

We have been working since Nov 2021 gathered everyone and created the hype on optimism along with great partnership to begin with.
All the details about FAQ was already in the discord channel.

1. 570k was raised (This was way lesser compared to any other counterpart eg MagnetDAO - which raised 10M during presale) - We thought we would raise 2M but failed to do so.
Paid for audit - 30k
Whitehat Hacker - 5k
Added Liquidity - 300k (150k DAI + 150k$ worth of kratos)
Running the team including marketers, team members, dev and maintenance cost with a recurring expense rate of 50k/month. -200k
Gonna put another 50k in liquidity and 50k DAI single bond in treasury.
Rest we gonna keep it to sustain the team for future expenses.

2. There will be a forum for DAO members to vote. There's cost to that as well to build that platform.

3. We aren't asking for money from people. We have a treasury bond where people can bond the stablecoins and earn kratos token. Once we have enough treasury there will be votes to invest in the projects.
https://medium.com/@KratosDao/introducing-kratosdao-an-ohm-fork-on-optimism-with-a-real-dao-for-seed-funds-investments-dd3ffb021612

Here's the audit report by peckshield
https://github.com/peckshield/publications/blob/master/audit_reports/PeckShield-Audit-Report-KratosDAO-v1.0.pdf
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: