Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 12:57:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: AValon 1246 83T unstable  (Read 764 times)
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 2942

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2022, 04:08:40 PM

Here is the log I had flashed to this newest firmware that was sent to me from Canaan through email as it's not listed on their website on the original board that came with this miner and it ended up doing exactly what its doing now. I bough

Check the logs carefully under ECHU and HASHS one of your hash boards is not communicating properly try to check the cables or swap them to another known working one.

Or maybe the middle hash board is dead. But try to clean the middle terminal first and maybe it has full of dust and rust use thinner lacquerflo to clean the terminal with brush.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
unicornmangle

Activity: 49
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 21, 2022, 07:56:44 PM
Last edit: April 22, 2022, 01:36:46 AM by unicornmangle

I have swapped the bad hashboard with another cable from another hashboard and the board shows up and the board i used to swap the wire now shows as bad. Do all these hashboards need to be connected in order for this to hash? There is no signs of corrosion on the terminals the control board was brand new. Do you know anyway i can revert the firmware to an older version?
unicornmangle

View Profile
April 21, 2022, 09:51:34 PM
Last edit: April 22, 2022, 01:37:11 AM by unicornmangle

correction its still showing 131073 for middle hashboard however before flashing firmware the unit still hashed with two boards
BitMaxz
Legendary

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2022, 10:41:13 PM

If it is still showing a problem on the middle hashboard it's a hardware issue under your control board because you already swap the cables and hashboard it means that the middle hashboard is working since you said before that you buy a replacement control board and maybe you receive a defective one.

If you don't have technical knowledge if I were you I better hire a technician that knows about ASICs repair.

Try to ask ZeusBTC from this link below and also try to check the list of repair centers under that link maybe there is some repair center near your area.

- https://www.zeusbtc.com/ASIC-Miner-Repair/

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
unicornmangle

View Profile
April 21, 2022, 11:06:25 PM
Last edit: April 22, 2022, 01:37:53 AM by unicornmangle

Thank you for all your time and help i really do appreciate it. I had interests in learning as much as I could about the different units antminers ive had no issues fixing but for some reason i just cant get any information that i can put to use for this avalon i really wanted to get deeper into asic repair and tweaking but teh knowledge i just so spread out and picking it apart piece by piece is so time consuming. Example my miner says its a 1066 pro but they sent me 1246 firmware and said it was the same thing.

My take is the 1066pro means I have a Avalon 10 based miner which is reiterated with the AVA100 in the api logs. The original controller with the firmware they provided me gave me the same problem I even soldered on connectors and a jumper so i could flash over usb to the MM. in the end i purchased an ebay board for $300 and it worked without issue until i applied their firmware again which i now realize is a mistake.

Again i do really appreciate your help and i would of sent this to a repair tech probably but shipping is costly i have already over invested which is my mistake but i really thought miners were meant to run for years without issues. All of the information is so coveted and im kind of the opposite in that regard i love teaching people and learning myself. I think i just arrived into the mining community 5 or 6 years too late and missed the boat. I have no monetary desire i crave instead knowledge and learning of new technologies!

You are awesome BitMaxz!
oxlithiumxo
Copper Member

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 25, 2022, 04:51:11 PM
Last edit: April 25, 2022, 07:24:36 PM by oxlithiumxo

Hi, I have a A1246 87TH and trying to use this command for the static fan setting and it just sits on the "running command" progress bar. I also tried the Aging tab and prior, the machine ran at 75TH on normal mode, and 88TH on performance. Now it is showing 88TH in normal mode. Thoughts?

Update, Got the correct Fan command line and it works. Machine now running at 75TH in Normal mode, it Ramps down from 90TH at the start or when changing the fan speed on the command. This is the behavior after clicking Aging on FSM one time.

can you send the command for autotuning of chips, my one chip is exceeding 120c mark and voltage is around 338, although miner is working good at 82th stable.

can you share the command line please,
thanks , looking forward for your reply

Try to refresh the miner's ASIC chips through the FMS tool you can download it from this link below

- https://canaan.io/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/FMS_V2.3.3_Windows.zip

And then look for the aging tab and select any hashboard with high ASIC chip temp.

If it still overheating manually set the fan speed to 100% to test if it can help to cool down those chips

To set the fan speed you must have the FMS tool and then go to diagnostic and put this command below

Code:
[b][{"command":"ascset","parameter":"0,fan-spd,90"}] [/b]

Fan-spd,90 it's a fan speed with 90% you can replace it with 80% or 100% to try if it fixes the issue.

BitMaxz
Legendary

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2022, 05:17:31 PM

Hi, I have a A1246 87TH and trying to use this command for the static fan setting and it just sits on the "running command" progress bar. I also tried the Aging tab and prior, the machine ran at 75TH on normal mode, and 88TH. Now it is showing 88TH in normal mode. Thoughts?

Did you include the bold tag? Remove it just like this below

Code:
[{"command":"ascset","parameter":"0,fan-spd,90"}]

About 88th in normal mode how did you know if it's running at normal mode?  Usually, you can check it on API logs under WORKMODE if it's 0(normal) or 1(performance).

And if you choose a normal mode on the pool configuration it doesn't mean it will run in normal mode it will still automatically run at performance mode if your temp is running at a cooler temp.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
oxlithiumxo
Copper Member

View Profile
April 25, 2022, 07:43:38 PM
Last edit: April 25, 2022, 08:49:40 PM by oxlithiumxo

Hi, I have a A1246 87TH and trying to use this command for the static fan setting and it just sits on the "running command" progress bar. I also tried the Aging tab and prior, the machine ran at 75TH on normal mode, and 88TH. Now it is showing 88TH in normal mode. Thoughts?

Code:

About 88th in normal mode how did you know if it's running at normal mode?  Usually, you can check it on API logs under WORKMODE if it's 0(normal) or 1(performance).

And if you choose a normal mode on the pool configuration it doesn't mean it will run in normal mode it will still automatically run at performance mode if your temp is running at a cooler temp.

Correct it was the bold brackets stuff that I didn't take out. Normal mode was observed from the configure screen showing normal selected and Log workmode=0, it is stable at 76TH now in normal at 59c temps fan at 65%.

Thank you for your help
oxlithiumxo
Copper Member

View Profile
April 27, 2022, 04:50:25 PM

Code:

About 88th in normal mode how did you know if it's running at normal mode?  Usually, you can check it on API logs under WORKMODE if it's 0(normal) or 1(performance).

Is there a way to make this permanent?
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: